-   Restoration (http://www.aviationbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Plastic Bonding (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=123898)

Urban^nja November 19th 10 10:34 PM

Plastic Bonding

Ok this thread is completely unrelated to aircraft repairing or flying in general... maybe there is a commonality in that there is a kind of flying that I perform all the time.

There are a pair of skates that I use all the time since 2001. They are made by a company called Salomon and they are made from (I believe) really, really strong Kevlar plastic which appears to me like it is laced with fiberglass. I have a link below with photos and commentary on what the tear looks like. All I am looking for is for someone to recommend a good bonding plastic that I can use to bond the material together even if the effect won't last forever. The best kind of glue i mean. Just about everyone else I have asked tells me that the skate is dead or they don't know how to repair but these are people who are not fully familiar with what is possible.

http://www.be-mag.com/msgboard/showt...lastic-Bonding!!!

Thanks in advance!

Brian Whatcott November 20th 10 09:07 PM

Plastic Bonding

On 11/19/2010 4:34 PM, Urban^nja wrote:
[...]

Saloman in line aggressive (two wheel) skates show up on eBay from $6
thru $10, $40 to $100+ at various sizes.
When you are doing aggressive stunts you'd better pay the price...

Brian W

lindajamison76 September 9th 11 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban^nja (Post 755368)
[...]

Such a very amazing link!
Thanks you for the post.