-   -   Bush Flew Fighter Jets During Vietnam (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=9683)

Steven P. McNicoll July 12th 04 02:01 AM

"WalterM140" wrote in message

Details?

The following letter appeared in the USA Today "Letters" section on June
25th last, page 8A:

Criticism of Kerry's Purple Heart is just

Retired U.S. army colonel David Hackworth defends presidential
candidate John Kerry's Purple Hearts. He correctly notes that they are
awarded for a wound that necessitates treatment by a medical officer and
that is received in action with an enemy ('The meaning of a Purple Heart,"
The Forum, June 16).

I was the commanding officer to whom Kerry reported his injury on Dec.
3, 1968. I had confirmed that there was no hostile fire that night and that
Kerry had simply wounded himself with an M-79 grenade round he fired too
close. He wanted a Purple Heart, and I refused. Louis Letson, the base
physician, saw Kerry and used tweezers to remove the tiny piece of
shrapnel - about 1 centi*meter in length and 2 millimeters in di*ameter.
Letson also confirmed that the scratch was inflicted with our M-79.

We admire Col. Hackworth, but he, above all people, knows why it is
unac*ceptable to nominate yourself for an award. It compromises the basic
military principle that we survive together. To promote yourself is to
denigrate your team. I hope Col. Hackworth will rethink his characterization
of Kerry's swift-boat comrades as "grousers" passing on "secondhand bilge."
In our case, this is firsthand knowledge, and our integrity is unquestioned.

Kerry orchestrated his way out of Viet*nam and then testified, under
oath, be*fore Congress that we, his comrades, had committed horrible war
crimes. This tes*timony was a lie and slandered honor*able men. We, who were
actually there, believe he is unfit to command our sons and daughters.

Grant Hibbard, retired commander US. Navy, Gulf Breeze, Fla.

Louis Letson, M.D. Retired lieutenant commander Medical Corps, US. Navy
Reserve Scottsboro, Ala.

Ian MacLure July 12th 04 02:42 AM

(WalterM140) wrote in
:

But it was not manditory, a
sharp troop with a good record and test taking capability had a good
chance.

Bush scored in the lowest percentile allowed to qualify for pilot
training. He did not complete any sort of officer qualification
course.

Ed Rasimus claims otherwise and he was in a position to actually
know about such things. Bush got the same basic training as many
other ANG officer candidates.

IBM

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Steven P. McNicoll July 12th 04 03:35 AM

"WalterM140" wrote in message

But Bush skated out on the last two years of his six year commitment, but

then
has the gall to attack Senator Kerry's service. That needs to be

confronted.

You keep saying that, but you have yet to present any hard evidence of it.

Steven P. McNicoll July 12th 04 03:35 AM

"WalterM140" wrote in message

Edwards in 51 YO. That would put him in the 1971 HS class. The
draft ended in 1972.

So, then, what you're saying is he elected not to volunteer for Vietnam.

Steven P. McNicoll July 12th 04 03:45 AM

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

Bush was not elected. He was appointed.

You need to find better sources of information.

We'll fix that in November.

Another attempt to steal an election? Bush will be reelected.

Steven P. McNicoll July 12th 04 03:46 AM

"BUFDRVR" wrote in message
Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

Who did you support for president in 1992? 1996?

There's no way Kramer can answer that question without looking
foolish....again.

He's in the same boat as many that condemn Bush, and they all look mighty
foolish.

Ian MacLure July 12th 04 04:05 AM

(ArtKramr) wrote in
:

[snip]

And he was a "C: student through school. Not exactly the most coloful
crayon in the box.

Einstein failed math. Whats your point?

BUFDRVR July 12th 04 04:18 AM

Steven P. McNicoll wrote;

He's in the same boat as many that condemn Bush, and they all look mighty
foolish.

I don't know, some who oppose Bush just have different views on certain issues,
but these far left wackos who fully supported Clinton for 8 years and defended
his actions during the Vietnam era look like fools attacking Bush on his
actions. Kramer is one of them. He voted for Clinton in '92 over Bush, a WW II
aviator and again in '96 by voting for Clinton over Bob Dole, a decorated 10th
Mountain Division soldier in Italy during WW II. Kramer doesn't care about
combat, he cares about social security and the democrats long ago convinced the
older generation that Republicans are out to steal their SS.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"

Steven P. McNicoll July 12th 04 04:19 AM

"B2431" wrote in message

If going into actual combat is all that makes a man respectable then it's

safe
to assume you don't respect your ground crew and all the men who put you

in a
servicable airplane. Someone had to be cooks, clerical staff, truck
drivers..etc.

Kramer has indicated many times in this forum that he did not respect those
people.

Steven P. McNicoll July 12th 04 04:19 AM

"D. Strang" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

It's telling that a soldier like Senator Dole quit the senate to run for

President,
and JFKerry who is keeping a backup plan. His attendance record is really
hurting his state, but it is another form of self-service.

Kerry is the most liberal person in the Senate, his attendance record can
only help his state and the rest of the country.