-   -   Bush Flew Fighter Jets During Vietnam (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=9683)

Ian MacLure July 11th 04 07:42 AM

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
ink.net:

[snip]

No American should have gone to that war.

Its a great pity that Kennedy and Johnson didn't feel
that way.

IBM

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Ian MacLure July 11th 04 07:55 AM

Ed Rasimus wrote in
:

This just in. Breaking news. John Edwards didn't serve in Vietnam.
Where was he?

Lets see ...
Born in 1953.
So he was certainly in the zone for being drafted.
Graduated NCSU with a degree in textiles in 1974.
I'm assuming that was a four year degree.
Implies he graduated high school in 1970.
And he didn't immediately volunteer for the Marines?
Scandalous.... And with Parris Island just down the
road?
INEXCUSABLE!
He should certainly have been doing solo banzai
charges down Main Street in Hanoi according to the
Mendacious Muckfusters.
Didn't marry until 1977 so thats one avenue he couldn't
exploit.
So, we know where he was. Is it possible he drew a high
number and didn't feel inclined to serve.
Why... Why... Thats rank cowardice according to the
Muckfusters. He should be whipped flogged and purged.

Ian MacLure July 11th 04 07:57 AM

"D. Strang" wrote in
news:[email protected]:

[snip]

I would disagree. While I agree the war was a failure, because the
mission was too broad: "Stop Communism." If the mission was to
re-unify the country, then we should never have cancelled the
elections. The country was not a threat to anyone, even as a Soviet
client. Once we went defensive, the war was over. The Vietnamese
found out rather quickly that the Soviets were worthless, and their
relationship didn't last long after the war was over.

Not to mention that eternal chumship with their northern
neighbours went the way of the dodo real soon as well.

Ian MacLure July 11th 04 08:01 AM

(Bill Shatzer) wrote in
:

Ed Rasimus ) writes:

This just in. Breaking news. John Edwards didn't serve in Vietnam.
Where was he?

In high school.

Whence he graduated in circa 1970.
And the draft ended when exactly? Hmmm?

Ian MacLure July 11th 04 08:10 AM

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
link.net:

[snip]

No, I'm not wrong. No American should have gone to that war. The US
shouldn't have assisted France in reclaiming it's colony after WWII.
After four years of German occupation the French should have learned
something about oppression.

I believe the US tried to convince the Asiatic colonial powers that
they ought to walk away from their colonies as soon as they possibly
could and not go back in in the first place if it was at all feasible.
This not unexpectedly put French noses out of joint ( as well as Dutch
and British ).

B2431 July 11th 04 08:35 AM

From: Ian MacLure
Date: 7/11/2004 2:00 AM Central Daylight Time
Scott Peterson wrote in
:

Ed Rasimus wrote:

Ever wonder why you never met an active duty military
medical doctor in the grade of Lt?

Met lots of them......in the Navy.

D'oh!
maybe the original should have specified an O grade
As in you don't see Medical Officers at O-2 or below.

IBM

Look again. Nurses and PAs start out as butter bars. Basic rule of thumb, not
followed rigidly: batchelor's degree = start as O-1, masters as O-2 and PhD as
O-3.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

B2431 July 11th 04 08:38 AM

From: Ian MacLure
Date: 7/11/2004 2:01 AM Central Daylight Time
(Bill Shatzer) wrote in
:

Ed Rasimus ) writes:

This just in. Breaking news. John Edwards didn't serve in Vietnam.
Where was he?

In high school.

Whence he graduated in circa 1970.
And the draft ended when exactly? Hmmm?

IBM

June 1973.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

B2431 July 11th 04 08:51 AM

From: Ian MacLure

Hmm, anybody know whether Algore tried to get a CIB?
I presume he wouldn't have been elegible what with being behind
a typewriter in a rear area.

He was in the wrong MOS.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Cub Driver July 11th 04 10:05 AM

On 11 Jul 2004 04:42:40 GMT, Ian MacLure wrote:

Of course, but (and as a B26 crew member you ought to appreciate
this) flying high performance aircraft carries risks in and of
itself.

A couple years ago, Art became a tired and tiresome old man. Too bad!
If history repeats itself the second time as farce, Art is in the
farcical stage. That B-26 has become a joke, with Art as its sole crew
member--pilot, navigator, gunner, bombardier--that won the war all by
itself, dropping the Farcical Bomb on Germany.

Put a sock in it, Art. Nobody's listening any more. Your vote doesn't
even matter--you can stay home in November, because California isn't
going for Bush in any event.

And don't worry! You'll learn to love him in his second term :)

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com
The Piper Cub Forum www.pipercubforum.com
Viva Bush! weblog www.vivabush.org

Cub Driver July 11th 04 10:09 AM

Bush skipped out on the last two years of his commitment. That's one problem.

It's not a problem. It's a lie, one which you have been spitting into
the wind for the past several months.

www.warbirdforum.com/bushf102.htm

The president did good in the Texas Air Guard. And he was on the job a
whole lot longer than Mr. Kerry was.

Nor did he ever try to get out of his miitary commitment, as Kerry did
when he was a college student. See the London Telegraph story at
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...ixnewstop.html