-   -   Bush Flew Fighter Jets During Vietnam (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=9683)

ArtKramr July 22nd 04 02:11 AM

Subject: Bush Flew Fighter Jets During Vietnam
From: "ian maclure"

Who says it is?
Trotskerry is a cowardly TREASONOUS SWINE.

IBM

Takes one to know one.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

George Z. Bush July 22nd 04 02:41 AM

"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in message
om...
"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

"WalterM140" wrote in message
Would this be the Senate that contained something like 45-50
Democrats? None of whome could be inveigled into signing on?

Yeah, that's weird, isn't it? Tom Dashchle (sp) directed that no

senator
sign.

Walt

What are we talking about? It'd be nice if enough of the original topic

had
been retained so that we wouldn't have to ask.

George Z.

Sorry. the subject was the certification of Florida electors in 2000.

Walt

So, the comment about Daschle would have referred to something like what

Denny
Hastert did with the discharge petition for the vote on concurrent receipt

which
got only ONE Republican vote from the entire House? Or doesn't one size fit

all
when it comes to politics.....nasty when the Dems do it in the Senate, but

OK
when the Repubs do it in the House? Sounds like a case of the whines to me.

What are you talking about?

Nothing....I'm too tired to bother trying to restate my views. Next case.

George Z.

George Z. Bush July 22nd 04 02:43 AM

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message
On 21 Jul 2004 13:30:09 -0700, (Fred the Red
Shirt) wrote:

"Brett" wrote in message

"George Z. Bush" wrote:

... in my day the law didn't
require
you to register if you had volunteered and were waiting for your

reporting date.

It did,

You sure about htat?

you didn't have to register between 1975 until 1980, when Jimmy
Carter got concerned about the Soviet's in Afghanistan.

I believe that is true also.

The law has always required males to register (since the original
establishment of selective service.) If you were in the DEP or
awaiting a training date you reported that as well and were
immediately recategorized. Males still have to register on their 18th
birthday.

The registration requirement was suspended from 1975 to 1980, but
that's the only time. Lots of info at
http://www.sss.gov/Default.htm

I stand corrected. Thanks.

George Z.

Billy Preston July 22nd 04 02:47 AM

"WalterM140" wrote

Well, I joined the Marine Corps on my 18th birthday and my recruiter told me
not to worry about it.

That's not the same as you claimed originally. What Marine unit were you in?

Ian MacLure July 22nd 04 03:41 AM

"Billy Preston" wrote in
news:[email protected]:

"WalterM140" wrote

Well, I joined the Marine Corps on my 18th birthday and my recruiter
told me not to worry about it.

That's not the same as you claimed originally. What Marine unit were
you in?

At a guess FMF, REMF Supply Battalion. And of course a rifleman
by courtesy at least.

IBM

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Ian MacLure July 22nd 04 03:46 AM

(ArtKramr) wrote in news:[email protected]
m06.aol.com:

From: "ian maclure"

Who says it is?
Trotskerry is a cowardly TREASONOUS SWINE.

IBM

Takes one to know one.

I can recognise lots of things.
Paying attention does that.
I've seen Trotskerry's type before.
Usually glad to see the back of them.
Kerry is a User. He takes something, uses
it for his own ends and buggers off leaving
somebody else ( a Builder ) to clean up the mess.
He's also a TREASONOUS SWINE but we knew that.

WalterM140 July 22nd 04 05:09 AM

Well, I joined the Marine Corps on my 18th birthday and my recruiter told
me
not to worry about it.

That's not the same as you claimed originally. What Marine unit were you in?

My claims have been consistent.

I was at Parris Island from 11/12/73 to 2/11/74. I had ten days leave and
seven days transit time before I had to report to Intantry Training School at
Camp San Onofre -- Camp Pendleton.

Here's a picture I took from San Onofre of Mount Mother****er in 1974:

http://members.aol.com/walterm140/mountmother****er.jpg

I graduated from ITS on 4/12/74. I had a follow on school at Portsmouth --
the Sea Duty Indoctrination Course. That was a 4 week course. From McGuire
AFB I flew to Rota, Spain and joined the Marine Detachment of the U.S.S. Simon
Lake.

Here's a picture of the Lake:

http://www.beachrealty.com/simonlake/as336.jpg

Here's a picture I took in the Marine Detachment in 1975. That's Tye Wright
and FiFi King in the foreground. In the left background is Gunnery Sergeant
Carlos Hathcock. Gunny Hathcock killed 93 men in Viet Nam. Some of his real
accomplishments were fictionalized in the movie "Sniper."

http://members.aol.com/walterm140/mardet75.jpg

Here's a picture I took on a CAX at 29 Palms in 1983:

http://members.aol.com/walterm140/cax84.jpg

Here I am at the Marine Corps Ball in 1983:

http://members.aol.com/walterm140/oki83.jpg

Oh. Here's a picture of my Porsche 928:

http://members.aol.com/walterm140/porsche928.jpg

Is that enough?

Walt

WalterM140 July 22nd 04 05:16 AM

Let's asume you actually talked to a recruiter did it ever occur to you he
was
not in a position where he could tell you to violate the law?

Nope.

Walt

Fred the Red Shirt July 22nd 04 08:16 AM

"Brett" wrote in message ...
"Fred the peabrained moron" wrote
"Brett" wrote in message

"George Z. Bush" wrote:

... in my day the law didn't

require
you to register if you had volunteered and were waiting for your

reporting date.

It did,

You sure about htat?

Well since you eliminated what the response was given to I'm sure my
response to the comment originally presented that you cut away was correct.

Easily corrected:

George Z. Bush" wrote:
"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message
On 19 Jul 2004 08:57:38 GMT, (WalterM140) wrote:

I turned 18 in 1973. My draft lottery number was somewhere between
183 and 187. But no one was drafted from my year, the first such
year since the start of the Vietnam era draft.

I turned 18 in 1973 also. I asked my recruiter if I should register and he
said not to worry about it.

Walt

You recruiter told you to break the law and you did? It becomes
clearer with each posting why think the way you do.

Unless they changed the law back in the 70s, in my day the law
didn't require you to registerin my day the law didn't require
you to register if you had volunteered and were waiting for your
reporting date.

It did, you didn't have to register between 1975 until 1980, when Jimmy
Carter got concerned about the Soviet's in Afghanistan.

*******

Now, are you sure that the law did require Walt to register for the draft
after he had volunteered and was waiting for his reporting date?

--

FF

B2431 July 22nd 04 08:29 AM

From: (WalterM140)
Date: 7/21/2004 11:16 PM Central Daylight Time
Let's asume you actually talked to a recruiter did it ever occur to you he
was
not in a position where he could tell you to violate the law?

Nope.

Walt

I guess that explains why you try to pass off half baked political theories and
accusations on us.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired