-   -   FS: SPOT GEN 3 Tracker; NEXGEN SPOT? (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=238028)

Duster[_2_] August 13th 17 12:24 AM

FS: SPOT GEN 3 Tracker; NEXGEN SPOT?

Unused SPOT GEN3 Tracker, unopened box since Jan '17: $65 OBO

These units were discounted 50% for a couple months at the end of last year.. Normally $149.99. Now, various outlets have them on sale again @ $75 thru mail-in rebate. I decided to go for the InReach Expl+ ($450) which has full mapping, etc.

Today I just found a link to the latest conference call by Globalstar which owns SPOT, LLC. On page 9 of the shareholder/analyst presentation, they refer to a "NEXGEN SPOT" which hints at a two-way SPOT product in their future, possibly with a QWERTY keyboard. Nothing on if/when it will be produced. Of course, there's the usual discussion of a successor to Wi-Fi ("Sat-Fi") where your cell phone is transformed into a satellite phone.

https://www.globalstar.com/en/ir/doc...rs_5.15.17.pdf