-   -   Two MOH Winners say Bush Didn't Serve (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=9357)

Brett June 6th 04 08:04 PM

"WalterM140" wrote:
Whether George Bush "served" in the Air National Guard or not,

He most certainly did. I looked at this as hard as I could, and I
concluded that his military service was longer than mine, more
dangerous than mine, and more useful to the country.

This link shows conclusively that Bush did not earn the requisite 50

points
for
a year's satisfactory service:

http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/g...-73arfspe1.pdf

Walt

Irrelevant.

No it's not. The primary source (the document I linked to) cannot be

trumped
by secondary sources beholden to Bush or his benefactors.

Bush did not sucessfully complete his obligatory service.

The appropriate authority determined that he had had successfully and
honorably completed his term of service and awarded him an honorable
discharge.

According to one website, his DD-214 is missing.

He served in the TANG and was issued an NGB Form 22 according to the records
Bush has released (it was one of them included).
More than one Federal and State web site quote that an NGB Form 22: Report
of Separation and Record of Service is issued to a reservist when discharged
from the Army national Guard or Air National Guard.

http://www.vahomes.org/la/coe_ngb.htm

Cub Driver June 7th 04 10:26 AM

End of story. Get over it.

You are evidently replying to someone whom I've kill-filed :)

It is not at all unusual for an individual to fall short in one year's
Guard training and to make it up the following year. That' seems to be
what Bush did in his last two years of service. The poster clearly
didn't bother to read www.warbirdforum.com/bushf102.htm which deals
with this matter, and indeed every year of Bush's service. Instead he
preferred to trot out his own url, as if it were something new. It's
for tricks like that that I put him in the crapper.

As for getting over it, I don't think we have much hope.Liars and
tricksters aren't interested in getting at the truth.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com
The Piper Cub Forum www.pipercubforum.com

Cub Driver June 7th 04 10:29 AM

Agreed. Bush used family influence to get into and out of the guard.

Did he? I find no evidence of either, though I'm sure that to be the
son of a Congressman helped him along when it came to being accepted
(but not in leaving). That's not the same thing as "using" the
connection. Short of changing his name, or joining the New York Guard,
there was nothing he could have done about it.

Paul J. Adam June 7th 04 10:31 PM

In message , Cub Driver
writes

Agreed. Bush used family influence to get into and out of the guard.

Did he? I find no evidence of either, though I'm sure that to be the
son of a Congressman helped him along when it came to being accepted
(but not in leaving).

I think influence played a part. On the other hand, learning to fly a
F-102 isn't the easiest thing in the world[1]. And F-102s were certainly
flying operational missions in SEA, and killed a few of their pilots -
not exactly a safe cushty desk job.

Did he bail early? Alleged, unproven, but even if he did so did lots of
other folks, with no worse consequences (yes, you had a 'further
commitment' - but no, the military wasn't hunting you down to fulfil it
and seemed to have been reducing force anyway). Didn't snag a college
deferment, either (which hasn't been a barrier to US office).

I become tired of hearing pocket ideologues of either shade rant about
how one candidate's uniformed service was perfectly exemplary while the
other's was a complete disgrace, and the noise and fury of the fanatics
means I'm wary even of more measured claims.

Not my problem anyway, just an outside perspective since the debate's
inflicted on me :)

[1] At least a knife-point of RAM relevance.

--
He thinks too much: such men are dangerous.
Julius Caesar I:2

WalterM140 June 8th 04 08:32 AM

It is not at all unusual for an individual to fall short in one year's
Guard training and to make it up the following year. That' seems to be
what Bush did in his last two years of service.

Where is Bush's certificate of Honorable Discharge?

Walt

WalterM140 June 8th 04 08:34 AM

Agreed. Bush used family influence to get into and out of the guard.

Did he? I find no evidence of either, t

He jumped a 500 person waiting list. There's no issue over whether Bush got
preferential treatment. The issue is that he did not fulfil his obligation.
He clearly did not.

Walt

WalterM140 June 8th 04 08:36 AM

Did he bail early? Alleged, unproven

No it's not. Follow this link:

http://users.cis.net/coldfeet/ANG22.gif

It shows 5 years, 4 months and 5 days service out of a six year commitment.

Walt

WalterM140 June 8th 04 08:38 AM

He served in the TANG and was issued an NGB Form 22 according to the records

Where is his "Honorable Discharge"? That's a certificate suitable for framing.

http://users.cis.net/coldfeet/ANG22.gif

This link to the document you cite clearly shows that Bush fulfiled only 5

WalterM140 June 8th 04 08:39 AM

The poor loser party has been beating this dead horse since May 2000
and has yet to produce a single shred of credible evidence to support
it.

Follow this link:

http://awolbush.com/

Walt

Brett June 8th 04 09:29 AM

"WalterM140" wrote:
He served in the TANG and was issued an NGB Form 22 according to the

records

Where is his "Honorable Discharge"?

It's on his NGB Form 22. Try reading it.