-   -   Bush Flew Fighter Jets During Vietnam (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=9683)

WalterM140 July 13th 04 11:13 AM

He seems to think that use of an M2 is
a war crime.

It apparently is.

I can well remember hearing that use of the M2 against troops is not allowed.
However, use of the M2 against equipment -is- allowed. We were advised to
shoot at enemy troops' belt buckles, as that -was- equipment.

This was done in a Law of War brief prior to us deploying to Desert Storm.

Walt

D. Strang July 13th 04 01:23 PM

"WalterM140" wrote
This documet shows conclusively that Bush performed no service for
16 months:

http://users.cis.net/coldfeet/doc10.gif

It does not show that he was AWOL.

No, you have to draw that inference yourself.

AWOL is a violation of the UCMJ, you don't infer it, there are
records.

D. Strang July 13th 04 01:30 PM

"WalterM140" wrote
Kerry was and is a true decorated war hero.

Who by his own admission in sworn Senate testimony was personally
guilty of committing war crimes and atrocities as well as personally
observing them in his role as a commissioned officer yet not doing
anything to stop them.

Can you source some back up of that statement?

Go read his congressional testimony. He is responsible for all Vietnam
war veterans being referred to as "baby killers." He coined the term, and
smeared all Veterans. He is a communist. Compare his dream of America
with that of Ho Chi Minh's dream for Vietnam. They are identical.

D. Strang July 13th 04 01:32 PM

"WalterM140" wrote
Vice [sic] President Bush is the issue, and the only issue.

Why isn't Kerry the issue?

Kerry's military records are complete. Bush's are not.

Ancient history for either of them. Bush isn't a communist.

D. Strang July 13th 04 01:33 PM

"WalterM140" wrote

This was done in a Law of War brief prior to us deploying to Desert Storm.

What unit were you in, and what city in Saudi did your unit go?

Steven P. McNicoll July 13th 04 01:48 PM

"Bill Shatzer" wrote in message

Basically crap, Steven. Army Regulations re the Purple Heart:

(b) Individuals wounded or killed as a result of
"friendly fire" in the "heat of battle" will be
awarded the Purple Heart as long as the "friendly"
projectile or agent was released with the full
intent of inflicting damage or destroying enemy
troops or equipment.

I'd assume the Navy regulations are essentially similar.

There apparently was no battle to be in the heat of.

In any case, if I recall correctly, it was freakin' -impossible-
to wound oneself by firing an M-79 round "too close".

Kerry's experience suggests otherwise.

Steven P. McNicoll July 13th 04 01:50 PM

"WalterM140" wrote in message

Prove he didn't earn all three.

The following letter appeared in the USA Today "Letters" section on June
25th last, page 8A:

Criticism of Kerry's Purple Heart is just

Retired U.S. army colonel David Hackworth defends presidential
candidate John Kerry's Purple Hearts. He correctly notes that they are
awarded for a wound that necessitates treatment by a medical officer and
that is received in action with an enemy ('The meaning of a Purple Heart,"
The Forum, June 16).

I was the commanding officer to whom Kerry reported his injury on Dec.
3, 1968. I had confirmed that there was no hostile fire that night and that
Kerry had simply wounded himself with an M-79 grenade round he fired too
close. He wanted a Purple Heart, and I refused. Louis Letson, the base
physician, saw Kerry and used tweezers to remove the tiny piece of
shrapnel - about 1 centi*meter in length and 2 millimeters in di*ameter.
Letson also confirmed that the scratch was inflicted with our M-79.

We admire Col. Hackworth, but he, above all people, knows why it is
unac*ceptable to nominate yourself for an award. It compromises the basic
military principle that we survive together. To promote yourself is to
denigrate your team. I hope Col. Hackworth will rethink his characterization
of Kerry's swift-boat comrades as "grousers" passing on "secondhand bilge."
In our case, this is firsthand knowledge, and our integrity is unquestioned.

Kerry orchestrated his way out of Viet*nam and then testified, under
oath, be*fore Congress that we, his comrades, had committed horrible war
crimes. This tes*timony was a lie and slandered honor*able men. We, who were
actually there, believe he is unfit to command our sons and daughters.

Grant Hibbard, retired commander US. Navy, Gulf Breeze, Fla.

Louis Letson, M.D. Retired lieutenant commander Medical Corps, US. Navy
Reserve Scottsboro, Ala.

Steven P. McNicoll July 13th 04 01:51 PM

"WalterM140" wrote in message

No, you have to draw that inference yourself.

I wouldn't draw that inference. No rational person would.

Steven P. McNicoll July 13th 04 01:53 PM

"WalterM140" wrote in message

Kerry's military records are complete. Bush's are not.

So what?

Jay Honeck July 13th 04 02:28 PM

(I find, interestingly enough, that kill-filing these people almost
always results in 1 message being deleted. Evidently they are fakes.
Take a look at steven's email address, for example.)

Propagandists have no interest in being identified.

Still, it *is* fun (and, usually, pathetically easy) to debunk them...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA