-   -   Sailplane repair recommendations (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=260134)

[email protected] August 13th 19 05:19 AM

Sailplane repair recommendations

Hi - A friend of mine had his quite-sweet LS4 damaged in a tornado last September in Minnesota (no mud slides or earthquakes for us, no sireee). He is looking for a quality repair. The damage is non-structural. Anyone have a strong recommendation? He has seen the ads in the back of soaring but doesn't want to just throw a dart.. Thanks! Don

Dan Marotta August 13th 19 03:24 PM

Sailplane repair recommendations

Fidel at Moriarty.* Ask around...

505-417-5299

--
Dan, 5J

[email protected] August 13th 19 04:46 PM

On 8/12/2019 10:19 PM, .com wrote:
Hi - A friend of mine had his quite-sweet LS4 damaged in a tornado last September in Minnesota (no mud slides or earthquakes for us, no sireee). He is looking for a quality repair. The damage is non-structural. Anyone have a strong recommendation? He has seen the ads in the back of soaring but doesn't want to just throw a dart.. Thanks! Don

--
Dan, 5J

Also:
Gehrlein Products, Erie PA
(814) 866-1131
They did some work on my DG this past winter, was very happy with the results.

john firth August 14th 19 03:47 PM

On 8/12/2019 10:19 PM, wrote:
Hi - A friend of mine had his quite-sweet LS4 damaged in a tornado last September in Minnesota (no mud slides or earthquakes for us, no sireee). He is looking for a quality repair. The damage is non-structural. Anyone have a strong recommendation? He has seen the ads in the back of soaring but doesn't want to just throw a dart.. Thanks! Don

--
Dan, 5J

many years ago, Gerhlein did a major repair ( undetectable) on the PIK 20E which I bought subsequently. They even kept good records which I needed.
John Firth OTTAWA

[email protected] September 10th 19 04:46 AM

On 8/12/2019 10:19 PM, wrote:
Hi - A friend of mine had his quite-sweet LS4 damaged in a tornado last September in Minnesota (no mud slides or earthquakes for us, no sireee). He is looking for a quality repair. The damage is non-structural. Anyone have a strong recommendation? He has seen the ads in the back of soaring but doesn't want to just throw a dart.. Thanks! Don

--
Dan, 5J

Thanks. I agree. He replaced two Grob 103 canopies for me and they came out great.

Mike C September 10th 19 05:55 AM

On 8/12/2019 10:19 PM, wrote:
Hi - A friend of mine had his quite-sweet LS4 damaged in a tornado last September in Minnesota (no mud slides or earthquakes for us, no sireee). He is looking for a quality repair. The damage is non-structural. Anyone have a strong recommendation? He has seen the ads in the back of soaring but doesn't want to just throw a dart.. Thanks! Don

--
Dan, 5J

Thanks. I agree. He replaced two Grob 103 canopies for me and they came out great.

Fidel is a master craftsman and an artist when it comes to repairs and finish paint. He is very conscientious and detail oriented.

Mike
4

Roy B. September 10th 19 11:09 PM

Sailplane repair recommendations

John Murray at Eastern Sailplane in Ohio. Ex Schleicher dealer. Quality work and fair prices, finished on time and on budget. He's been my "go to" guy for about 40 years.
ROY

Bob Gibbons[_2_] September 11th 19 05:22 AM

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 21:19:03 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Hi - A friend of mine had his quite-sweet LS4 damaged in a tornado last September in Minnesota
(no mud slides or earthquakes for us, no sireee). He is looking for a quality repair. The
damage is non-structural. Anyone have a strong recommendation? He has seen the ads in
the back of soaring but doesn't want to just throw a dart.. Thanks! Don

Texas is a long way from Minnesota, but for those closer, you can't do
better than Larry Mansberger in Ft Worth for quality composite
repairs.

http://mansbergeraircraft.com/

A satisfied customer.