-   Aviation Marketplace (http://www.aviationbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   1961 Cessna 210A Part 135 810 S/FReman $25,800 ? (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=58774)

Victor Bravo June 4th 07 07:25 PM

1961 Cessna 210A Part 135 810 S/FReman $25,800 ?

The bidding on the Cessna 210 ebay austion is halfway over, only 4
days left. So far the high bid os only $25,800 which would be the
steal of the century...uhhh... I mean the steal of the Centurion! Put
in a reasonable bid and you might fly away in a really nice airplane !

This airplane was maintained to Part 135 strict charter maintenance
standards, has only 810 since a factory Reman engine, is IFR
certified, leather seats, new paint/interior, and more. Owned,
maintained and flown professionally (medical transport business) by an
IA and Airline Maintenance Inspector. This is a no-problems,
everything-works 210 that has plenty of time left on everything.
Here's a great chance to own a truly useful and capable XC airplane
for far less than what you'd pay for a new plastic airplane. The
Cessna 210 is a very well engineered, exceptionally solid, reliable
platform for you and your family. The strut-braced 210's like this one
are stronger, and have a 40+ year history of safety and security few
other airplanes in this class can offer. Having a ballistic chute is
great... not needing one in the first place is even better!

Search ebay motors for " Cessna 210 810 " and you should get right to
it. Best of luck with your bid.

Bill Berle

Newps June 4th 07 09:22 PM

Victor Bravo wrote:

Search ebay motors for " Cessna 210 810 " and you should get right to
it. Best of luck with your bid.

No items found.

Charles Vincent June 4th 07 09:29 PM

Newps wrote:

Victor Bravo wrote:

Search ebay motors for " Cessna 210 810 " and you should get right to
it. Best of luck with your bid.

No items found.

Item number: 200114701803

Newps June 4th 07 09:37 PM

Charles Vincent wrote:

Newps wrote:

Victor Bravo wrote:

Search ebay motors for " Cessna 210 810 " and you should get right to
it. Best of luck with your bid.

No items found.

Item number: 200114701803

Can't buy it. My names not Jack. Somebody will get a nice project.

Gig 601XL Builder June 4th 07 10:38 PM

Newps wrote:
Charles Vincent wrote:

Newps wrote:

Victor Bravo wrote:

Search ebay motors for " Cessna 210 810 " and you should get right
to it. Best of luck with your bid.

No items found.

Item number: 200114701803

Can't buy it. My names not Jack. Somebody will get a nice project.

Ebay's search system so screwed up that a search for "Cessna 210" doesn't
find it but a search for "Cessna 210A" does.

That maybe why it's not getting enough bids.

Matt Whiting June 5th 07 12:41 AM

Newps wrote:

Charles Vincent wrote:

Newps wrote:

Victor Bravo wrote:

Search ebay motors for " Cessna 210 810 " and you should get right to
it. Best of luck with your bid.

No items found.

Item number: 200114701803

Can't buy it. My names not Jack. Somebody will get a nice project.

Anyone who would put their name on an airplane seat doesn't know Jack
either! :-)

Matt

Jose June 5th 07 03:54 AM

1961 Cessna 210A Part 135 810 S/FReman $25,800 ?

A wild card search works. A search for "Cessna 210*" brings up the
Cessna 210A and a Cessna 210D.

There are people who make a lot of money looking for typos on Ebay, and
buying the underbid result, then selling it spelled correctly.

Jose
--
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those that just want to
know what button to push, and those that want to know what happens when

Denny June 7th 07 02:17 PM

On Jun 4, 2:25 pm, Victor Bravo wrote:
The bidding on the Cessna 210 ebay austion is halfway over, only 4
days left. So far the high bid os only $25,800 which would be the
steal of the century...uhhh... I mean the steal of the Centurion! Put
in a reasonable bid and you might fly away in a really nice airplane !

This airplane was maintained to Part 135 strict charter maintenance
standards, has only 810 since a factory

So called Part 135 maintenance means nothing - other than rode hard
and put away wet... I have seen these airplanes that when purchased
need everything replaced -fuel cap gaskets, fuel and hydraulic hoses,
mags, plugs, wires, pump overhauls, wheel bearings, cables, battery,
and on, and on - which is usually why they are up for sale...

There are exceptions, but caveat emptor...

Denny June 7th 07 03:09 PM

1961 Cessna 210A Part 135 810 S/FReman $25,800 ?

There are exceptions, but caveat emptor...

Well, I went and took a look... Not a bad looking plane... Engine room
is dirty - apparently the strict maintenance standards did not include
cleaning anything the passengers could not see readily... Looks like
some hydraulic leakage with smoking rivets around the nose gear...
Current price is $36K... For that price you could take a chance sight
unseen... Likely with the chatter on here the price will move on up by
the end of the auction...

I sympathize with his problem - bidders with no ebay history are more
likely to be tire kickers...
OTOH, I have only made a few purchases from ebay over the years so if
I choose to bid he likely will reject me, yet I am not a tire
kicker...

denny