-   Simulators (http://www.aviationbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Which joystick (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=21504)

Oysters8 February 13th 04 04:13 PM

Which joystick

I got FS 2004 and want to get a good joystick. I can't seem to find
reviews. I've pretty much narrowed it down to the Logitech Freedom
(wireless), Force 3D (feedback) or the MS Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro 2
(which Amazon says is discontinued -- curious why). Can folks shed a
little light for me, please.

Ed

Greasy Rider February 13th 04 05:05 PM

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:13:33 -0500, Oysters8
arranged phosphur particles on my screen
with the following:

I got FS 2004 and want to get a good joystick. I can't seem to find
reviews. I've pretty much narrowed it down to the Logitech Freedom
(wireless), Force 3D (feedback) or the MS Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro 2
(which Amazon says is discontinued -- curious why). Can folks shed a
little light for me, please.

I've been twisting a Logictech Wingman Extreme for a couple of years
of hard service and it has stood up well.

allenby February 14th 04 11:37 PM

I have the Wingman Extreme Digital 3d and use it on Comanche Gold, FS2000,
JAnes WWII fighters, Fighter Anthology, and F15 over the last 4 years.
vry tough joystick and i have cranked on it pretty hard..
I used to rip my old C64 sticks in half years ago playing F-14 Tomcat.

Thomas Peel February 15th 04 01:36 PM

Greasy Rider schrieb:

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:13:33 -0500, Oysters8
arranged phosphur particles on my screen
with the following:

I got FS 2004 and want to get a good joystick. I can't seem to find
reviews. I've pretty much narrowed it down to the Logitech Freedom
(wireless), Force 3D (feedback) or the MS Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro 2
(which Amazon says is discontinued -- curious why). Can folks shed a
little light for me, please.

I've been twisting a Logictech Wingman Extreme for a couple of years
of hard service and it has stood up well.

The twistgrip potty (rudder) gave up on mine.