-   -   Any details on Nephi incident? (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=246671)

Chris June 22nd 18 04:24 PM

Any details on Nephi incident?

Is everybody alright?

[email protected] June 22nd 18 05:00 PM

Any details on Nephi incident?

On Friday, June 22, 2018 at 11:24:17 AM UTC-4, Chris wrote:
Is everybody alright?

One injured. Expected to be discharged for hospital today.
There are NO details.
UH

Steve Leonard[_2_] June 22nd 18 05:05 PM

Any details on Nephi incident?

http://midutahradio.com/news/local-n...sevier-county/

Delorme track last point was up high.

Steve Leonard

[email protected] June 22nd 18 05:17 PM

On Friday, June 22, 2018 at 9:05:19 AM UTC-7, Steve Leonard wrote:
http://midutahradio.com/news/local-n...sevier-county/

Wow, nasty place to land under a chute.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Dave!

5Z

Paul Agnew June 22nd 18 05:44 PM

Any details on Nephi incident?

Rough spot to land under silk, indeed.

Very happy to hear Dave Nadler and his rider are okay. I hope we get a good debrief on what happened when he's up to it.

I had a blast and gained a lot of confidence flying as self-loading ballast with Dave in the 2017 Seniors (for a donation to the Junior Soaring Team, of course.)

Paul A.

Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) June 22nd 18 06:51 PM

Any details on Nephi incident?

Nasty place (based on limited area knowledge) to land ANYTHING let alone a chute. Pictures don't look inviting. Glad one was well enough to walk out and get help.

Dave/"YO", when you come back on here, glad both of you are sorta OK. Sucks it happened, glad it wasn't worse.

Hope things go well from here out.

PS, all other speculation on weather, what was going on in flight, ELT's, etc. should wait.

Thanks for the heads up though.

[email protected] June 22nd 18 07:00 PM

Any details on Nephi incident?

Heal fast. Looking at the picture I'm going to suggest a ram air parachute might have avoided a lot of pain. If you can afford one upgrade, if you are buying a new one get square. The difference is multiples greater than the difference between a 1-26 and an ASH-31. If you pay attention to all the bailout reports landing injuries are fairly common, because we aren't in pain and the no parachute option is worse we forget about it. If you ever have to parachute into some unpleasant place and you'll wish you spent the extra 500 bucks.

Waveguru June 22nd 18 07:34 PM

Any details on Nephi incident?

Can you get an emergency chute in ram air? This is from a parachute web site. “Because of the advanced characteristics of these canopy designs, the Sport Aviator model may only be used by individuals who either have ram-air jumping experience such as skydiving, or have received special training in the use and performance of these canopies”

Boggs

Paul Agnew June 22nd 18 07:41 PM

Any details on Nephi incident?

Yes, you can get a ram-air chute. I think their statement is perfectly clear. Get training or have skydiving experience with a ram-air chute and we'll sell you one. Not much ambiguity that I see.

PA

Paul Agnew June 22nd 18 07:49 PM

Any details on Nephi incident?

Without getting into baseless speculation, has anyone heard anything about why they had to bailout?

PA