-   Aerobatics (http://www.aviationbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Honiley Aerobatics Competition (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=104920)

Sasquatch December 23rd 09 10:34 AM

Honiley Aerobatics Competition

Hi,

Sorry to intrude but I was wondering if anyone has information about
the Honiley Aerobatics Competition between the wars? I have a watch
(rather battered) with the inscription "Presented to Alfred John
Phillips, Winner of the Honiley Aerobatics Competition 3 years running
1934 1935 1936)" Alfred being my Grandfather, he died in 1937 when my
father was 12, so I never met him

I would be grateful for any information

Simon Phillips

Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe December 24th 09 09:15 PM

"Sasquatch" wrote in message
Hi,

Sorry to intrude but I was wondering if anyone has information about
the Honiley Aerobatics Competition between the wars? I have a watch
(rather battered) with the inscription "Presented to Alfred John
Phillips, Winner of the Honiley Aerobatics Competition 3 years running
1934 1935 1936)" Alfred being my Grandfather, he died in 1937 when my
father was 12, so I never met him

I would be grateful for any information

Simon Phillips

What country?

I assume the U.K. - you might ask over in uk.rec.aviation.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com