-   -   Bush's Attempt to Usurp the Constitution (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=9599)

WalterM140 June 29th 04 11:40 AM

Bush's Attempt to Usurp the Constitution

Today's New York Times:

"The extreme reach of the administration's view that a war president is not
subject to check by the other branches of government was apparent in the
recently disclosed memorandums on torturing prisoners. A Defense Department
memo from March 2003 said that "any effort by Congress to regulate the
interrogation of unlawful combatants would violate the Constitution's sole
vesting of the commander-in-chief authority in the president." The
administration later disavowed that argument. It would plainly fail the Supreme
Court's test."

These sorry Republican *******s have got to go.

Walt

ArtKramr June 29th 04 02:38 PM

Subject: Bush's Attempt to Usurp the Constitution
From: (WalterM140)
Date: 6/29/2004 3:40 AM Pacific Standard Time
Today's New York Times:

"The extreme reach of the administration's view that a war president is not
subject to check by the other branches of government was apparent in the
recently disclosed memorandums on torturing prisoners. A Defense Department
memo from March 2003 said that "any effort by Congress to regulate the
interrogation of unlawful combatants would violate the Constitution's sole
vesting of the commander-in-chief authority in the president." The
administration later disavowed that argument. It would plainly fail the
Supreme
Court's test."

These sorry Republican *******s have got to go.

Walt

Is it true that you volunteered for, and served with, the US Marines in the
Gulf?

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

ArtKramr June 29th 04 02:44 PM

From: (WalterM140)
Date: 6/29/2004 3:40 AM Pacific Standard Time
Today's New York Times:

"The extreme reach of the administration's view that a war president is not
subject to check by the other branches of government was apparent in the
recently disclosed memorandums on torturing prisoners. A Defense Department
memo from March 2003 said that "any effort by Congress to regulate the
interrogation of unlawful combatants would violate the Constitution's sole
vesting of the commander-in-chief authority in the president." The
administration later disavowed that argument. It would plainly fail the
Supreme
Court's test."

As the SCOTUS indicated in an 8 to 1 kick in the ass they gave him yesterday.
Now watch the neocons accuse the SCOTUS of being left wing. (sheesh)

B2431 June 29th 04 09:02 PM

From: (WalterM140)
Date: 6/29/2004 5:40 AM Central Daylight Time
Today's New York Times:

"The extreme reach of the administration's view that a war president is not
subject to check by the other branches of government was apparent in the
recently disclosed memorandums on torturing prisoners. A Defense Department
memo from March 2003 said that "any effort by Congress to regulate the
interrogation of unlawful combatants would violate the Constitution's sole
vesting of the commander-in-chief authority in the president." The
administration later disavowed that argument. It would plainly fail the
Supreme
Court's test."

These sorry Republican *******s have got to go.

Walt

Walt, please get a dictionary and look up 'usurp' and 'disavow.'

Secondly look beyond the NYT article.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...washpost/20040
629/ts_washpost/a13350_2004jun28

Thirdly please take your rants elswhere.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Regnirps June 29th 04 10:28 PM

(ArtKramr) wrote:

As the SCOTUS indicated in an 8 to 1 kick in the ass they gave him yesterday.
Now watch the neocons accuse the SCOTUS of being left wing. (sheesh)

Art, as I recall, neocons were originally catholic liberals who went
conservative. They were exemplified by Buckley, Phodoretz, and the whole New
Republic crowd. They often said silly things like 'Religion is the third leg of
conservatism" which could be taken several ways.

Anyway, the term is back in use and often describing youger players, and
O'Riley, Baby Jesus - I mean Hannity, and Laura ??? are all catholics. What do
you mean by neocon these days?

-- Charlie Springer

ArtKramr June 29th 04 11:44 PM

From: (Regnirps)
Date: 6/29/2004 2:28 PM Pacific Standard Time
(ArtKramr) wrote:

As the SCOTUS indicated in an 8 to 1 kick in the ass they gave him

yesterday.
Now watch the neocons accuse the SCOTUS of being left wing. (sheesh)

Art, as I recall, neocons were originally catholic liberals who went
conservative. They were exemplified by Buckley, Phodoretz, and the whole New
Republic crowd. They often said silly things like 'Religion is the third leg
of
conservatism" which could be taken several ways.

Anyway, the term is back in use and often describing youger players, and
O'Riley, Baby Jesus - I mean Hannity, and Laura ??? are all catholics. What
do
you mean by neocon these days?

-- Charlie Springer

Neo conservatives. The religious right wing of the Republican party

Brett June 30th 04 01:08 AM

From: (Regnirps)
Date: 6/29/2004 2:28 PM Pacific Standard Time
(ArtKramr) wrote:

[...]

I have some bad news for you Art, the "religious right wing of the
Republican party" are not neocon's.

t_mark June 30th 04 11:31 AM

Neo conservatives. The religious right wing of the Republican party

You have got to be ****ing kidding me.

You think THAT is what neocons are?

Jesus ****ing christ, it will never cease to amaze me how confidently people
who throw around the term 'neocons' as an insult will define it ridiculously
incorrectly, as though they have no clue just how completely clueless they
appear as a result.

WalterM140 June 30th 04 01:27 PM

Is it true that you volunteered for, and served with, the US Marines in the
Gulf?

Yes. And I narrowly missed going to Viet Nam too. The way that went
down is that the bulk of my Infantry Training School class made up the
bulk of the battalion that did the evacuation of Saigon in 1975.
Twenty-three of us got follow on orders to Sea School Atlantic, so I
was in Spain when the end came in Viet Nam.

Walt

ArtKramr June 30th 04 07:58 PM

From: (WalterM140)
Date: 6/30/2004 5:27 AM Pacific Standard Time

Is it true that you volunteered for, and served with, the US Marines in the
Gulf?

Yes. And I narrowly missed going to Viet Nam too. The way that went
down is that the bulk of my Infantry Training School class made up the
bulk of the battalion that did the evacuation of Saigon in 1975.
Twenty-three of us got follow on orders to Sea School Atlantic, so I
was in Spain when the end came in Viet Nam.

Walt

Damn few had the guts to step forward and volunteer for the Marines. Me
included.
Well done Walt. Well done. Are there any Marines on this NG? Note that I didn't
say ex-marines because once a marine always a marine.