-   Home Built (http://www.aviationbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Scaled homebuilt plans for the Mosquito fighter/bomber of WWII (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=1507)

Old Sarge January 15th 04 03:34 AM

Scaled homebuilt plans for the Mosquito fighter/bomber of WWII

To all: Does anyone know of any plans or possibility of plans for a 2
passenger sized version of the Mosquito (Wooden) fighter-bomber of WWII
fame? :-)

The Nelsons January 16th 04 04:39 AM

Fisher Flying Products once produced two wood and fabric twin-engine
airplanes that seated two in tandem. One was called the Culex (at type of
mosquito) and was powered by twin VW engines. The other was the Culite and
was powered by twin Rotax 503 engines. Both were based on the DeHaviland
Mosquito. I tried to buy plans when I sold my Classic project, but was told
that they no longer produce them.

Rick Nelson

Frank Stutzman January 16th 04 06:40 AM

The Nelsons wrote:
Fisher Flying Products once produced two wood and fabric twin-engine
airplanes that seated two in tandem. One was called the Culex (at type of
mosquito) and was powered by twin VW engines. The other was the Culite and
was powered by twin Rotax 503 engines. Both were based on the DeHaviland
Mosquito. I tried to buy plans when I sold my Classic project, but was told
that they no longer produce them.

Intersting. According to:

http://members.eaa.org/home/homebuil...electing/kits/
Fisher%20Flying%20Products.html

(watch the URL wrap) the Culex is still available from Mike Fisher. I've
never heard of the the thing before. Anybody have a picture?

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"

Richard Lamb January 16th 04 10:50 AM

Frank Stutzman wrote:

The Nelsons wrote:
Fisher Flying Products once produced two wood and fabric twin-engine
airplanes that seated two in tandem. One was called the Culex (at type of
mosquito) and was powered by twin VW engines. The other was the Culite and
was powered by twin Rotax 503 engines. Both were based on the DeHaviland
Mosquito. I tried to buy plans when I sold my Classic project, but was told
that they no longer produce them.

Intersting. According to:

http://members.eaa.org/home/homebuil...electing/kits/
Fisher%20Flying%20Products.html

(watch the URL wrap) the Culex is still available from Mike Fisher. I've
never heard of the the thing before. Anybody have a picture?

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"
Hood River, OR

It was pictured in Kitplanes a time or two.

One of a kind probably.

I always wanted to put twin Rotax 582's on the Pulsar.
Make a tiny 310 of it?