-   Home Built (http://www.aviationbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Aux. Audio Input (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=1949)

Eugene Wendland April 5th 04 12:54 AM

Aux. Audio Input

Does anyone know what the AUX. AUDIO INPUT pin is used for on a comm. I'm
trying to chase down a problem with my two comms. I have a switch to
flip-flop between the two comms. Everything checks out good on the switch.
However, I'm receiving on both comms. I also have a toggle to turn on an
Aux speaker on and off. I think my problem is with this circuit. When I
chase the circuits on this switch, I'm getting ground shorts on other pins
that I shouldn't. I think my speaker is grounding out.

I should be able to isolate the problem, but I'm not sure what the function
of an AUX. AUDIO INPUT is used for in a comm radio.

Thanks

Eugene Wendland

TaxSrv April 5th 04 04:16 AM

Eugene Wendland wrote:
Does anyone know what the AUX. AUDIO INPUT pin is used for on a

comm. I'm
trying to chase down a problem with my two comms. I have a switch

flip-flop between the two comms. Everything checks out good on the

switch.
However, I'm receiving on both comms. I also have a toggle to turn

on an
Aux speaker on and off. I think my problem is with this circuit.

When I
chase the circuits on this switch, I'm getting ground shorts on

other pins
that I shouldn't. I think my speaker is grounding out.

I should be able to isolate the problem, but I'm not sure what the

function
of an AUX. AUDIO INPUT is used for in a comm radio.

Aux input is for feeding in phone audio from one other item, such as a
NAV. Allows one with a sparse panel to get away without an audio
panel, as you can flip comms with just a 4PDT toggle switch. Is that
what you have?

Fred F.