-   Piloting (http://www.aviationbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Bose makes good on my wife's headset. (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=16825)

Kyler Laird March 9th 04 04:09 PM

Bose makes good on my wife's headset.

I've described the problems we've had with my wife's cherished Bose
X headset since having it "upgraded."
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...&output=gplain
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...&output=gplain
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...&output=gplain

We finally received a replacement headset awhile ago but I hadn't
been flying much at all this winter and when I did go I neglected
to take my wife's headset to try. We finally went for brunch and
golf in Kentucky
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...&output=gplain
and the new headset performed well for my wife. (I didn't try it
and I didn't even think to ask her about it until later, but it's
a *good* thing that she didn't notice it.)

It took over a year and several shipping charges to get a usable
headset but it sure is nice to have two working Bose sets again.
(We have a nice Sennheiser and a Lightspeed 25 also but we both much
prefer the Bose. With our DCs we're back to having one for each
seat - no more "oh...do you want plugs?" apologies.)

Now I'm considering upgrading my headset and getting the new battery
box upgrades for both.

--kyler

G.R. Patterson III March 9th 04 04:36 PM

Kyler Laird wrote:

Now I'm considering upgrading my headset and getting the new battery
box upgrades for both.

Don't be in a hurry. Bose is running way behind on upgrades. I ordered the new
battery box at AOPA Expo, and it still hasn't arrived. On the plus side, they
sent me a set of ANR ear muffs as an apology (which made a much nicer Christmas
present to my wife than she would have gotten otherwise).

George Patterson
Battle, n; A method of untying with the teeth a political knot that would
not yield to the tongue.

Stu Gotts March 9th 04 11:06 PM

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 16:36:15 GMT, "G.R. Patterson III"
wrote:

Kyler Laird wrote:

Now I'm considering upgrading my headset and getting the new battery
box upgrades for both.

Don't be in a hurry. Bose is running way behind on upgrades. I ordered the new
battery box at AOPA Expo, and it still hasn't arrived. On the plus side, they
sent me a set of ANR ear muffs as an apology (which made a much nicer Christmas
present to my wife than she would have gotten otherwise).

I've received mine so they're probably catching up.

Tom Sixkiller March 10th 04 02:08 PM

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

Kyler Laird wrote:

Now I'm considering upgrading my headset and getting the new battery
box upgrades for both.

Don't be in a hurry. Bose is running way behind on upgrades. I ordered the

new
battery box at AOPA Expo, and it still hasn't arrived. On the plus side,

they
sent me a set of ANR ear muffs as an apology (which made a much nicer

Christmas
present to my wife than she would have gotten otherwise).

Read: Housekeeping equipment.