-   Owning (http://www.aviationbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Piper Dakota and turbo Dakota (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=242464)

[email protected] December 21st 17 09:54 PM

Piper Dakota and turbo Dakota

On Wednesday, April 8, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, MLSHOOP wrote:
I have been posting to these groups trying to find information and
opinions on Piper Dakota`s and turbo Dakota`s. For some reason
my posts only last a couple of hours and then disappear. Oh well,
I am nothing if not persistant. Any info and opinions on these air-
craft would be greatly appreciated. I would like to know how they
compare to the C-182 in performance and handling qualties?
Also, I have heard the continental engine that powers the turbo
Dakota is a terrible piece of equipment that requires lots of
maintence? I think it is the IO-360 but I am not sure, any opinions
or first hand knowledge? Thanks

I have owned a turbo Dakota for 17 years. It goes fast flies high and carries a load. Not one engine issue... rumors from years ago. ADs fixed any problems.

[email protected] December 21st 17 10:05 PM

wrote:
On Wednesday, April 8, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, MLSHOOP wrote:
I have been posting to these groups trying to find information and
opinions on Piper Dakota`s and turbo Dakota`s. For some reason
my posts only last a couple of hours and then disappear. Oh well,
I am nothing if not persistant. Any info and opinions on these air-
craft would be greatly appreciated. I would like to know how they
compare to the C-182 in performance and handling qualties?
Also, I have heard the continental engine that powers the turbo
Dakota is a terrible piece of equipment that requires lots of
maintence? I think it is the IO-360 but I am not sure, any opinions
or first hand knowledge? Thanks

I have owned a turbo Dakota for 17 years. It goes fast flies high and carries a load. Not one engine issue... rumors from years ago. ADs fixed any problems.

Which is 2 years less than the age of the post you are replying to.

--
Jim Pennino