-   Aviation Photos (http://www.aviationbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Rosie, pt 3 - Rosie 35.jpg (1/1) (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=230617)

Mitchell Holman[_3_] August 23rd 16 01:09 PM

Rosie, pt 3 - Rosie 35.jpg (1/1)

1 Attachment(s)

john szalay August 23rd 16 04:01 PM

Rosie, pt 3 - Rosie 35.jpg (1/1)

Mitchell Holman wrote in
:

begin 644 Rosie 35.jpg

Attachment decoded: Rosie 35.jpg
`
end

Mary Josephine Farley
after this, she became a WASP.

Mitchell Holman[_3_] August 24th 16 12:58 PM

Rosie, pt 3 - Rosie 35.jpg (1/1)

john Szalay john.szalayatatt.net wrote in
31:

Mitchell Holman wrote in
:

begin 644 Rosie 35.jpg

Attachment decoded: Rosie 35.jpg
`
end

Mary Josephine Farley
after this, she became a WASP.

Good call. My mother was a WASP. A very
overlooked program.

john szalay August 24th 16 04:32 PM

Rosie, pt 3 - Rosie 35.jpg (1/1)

1 Attachment(s)
Mitchell Holman wrote in
:

Mitchell Holman[_3_] August 24th 16 07:43 PM

Rosie, pt 3 - Rosie 35.jpg (1/1)

john Szalay john.szalayatatt.net wrote in
31:

Mitchell Holman wrote in
:

john Szalay john.szalayatatt.net wrote in
31:

Mitchell Holman wrote in
:

begin 644 Rosie 35.jpg

Attachment decoded: Rosie 35.jpg
`
end

Mary Josephine Farley
after this, she became a WASP.

Good call. My mother was a WASP. A very
overlooked program.

Not by me.. one of the ladies that I worked with was a WASP.

also:

from the WASP database & The Congressional Record.

43-8 Lois Gene Holman nee (French)

&

Dora Dougherty, third from left in front of B-29 "Ladybird"
with Lt. Col. Paul W. Tibbets, Jr. (left), Dorothea Johnson (2nd from
left) and B-29 crew.

Col Tibbets trained these two ladies to fly the B-29 to show the men
that the plane was not dangerous.

My mother was part of the WASP's trained
to fly the B26 to show the men the men it was
not as dangerous as made out. "A plane a day
in Tampa Bay" and all that.

Charles Lindbergh[_2_] August 25th 16 04:23 PM

Rosie, pt 3 - Rosie 35.jpg (1/1)

On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 13:43:23 -0500, Mitchell Holman wrote:

john Szalay john.szalayatatt.net wrote in
. 131:

Mitchell Holman wrote in
:

[...]

I am curious, what kind of background did your Mom have that put her into that position with the WASP's? Was
she a civilian pilot prior to enlisting?

Mitchell Holman[_3_] August 26th 16 01:05 PM

Rosie, pt 3 - Rosie 35.jpg (1/1)

1 Attachment(s)
Charles Lindbergh wrote in
:

wrote:

john Szalay john.szalayatatt.net wrote in
.131:

Mitchell Holman wrote in
:

Charles Lindbergh[_2_] August 27th 16 04:35 PM

Rosie, pt 3 - Rosie 35.jpg (1/1)

On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 07:05:30 -0500, Mitchell Holman wrote:

Charles Lindbergh wrote in
:

wrote:

john Szalay john.szalayatatt.net wrote in
7.131:

Mitchell Holman wrote in
:

[...]

She had learned to fly before the war and
when the call went out for women pilots to
volunteer she applied. All the applicants were
sent to Swee****er TX for training and then
from there to bases all over the US.

Here is a news item from her local paper
about it.

That is a very interesting bit of history. Your Mom was a true pioneer.

Mitchell Holman[_3_] August 27th 16 06:53 PM

Rosie, pt 3 - Rosie 35.jpg (1/1)

Charles Lindbergh wrote in
:

On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 07:05:30 -0500, Mitchell Holman
wrote:

Charles Lindbergh wrote in
m:

wrote:

john Szalay john.szalayatatt.net wrote in
. 97.131:

Mitchell Holman wrote in
:

[...]

The older I get the more that