-   Restoration (http://www.aviationbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Permit to use aircraft radio frequencies on ground (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=20302)

C. J. Clegg December 31st 04 10:11 PM

Permit to use aircraft radio frequencies on ground

We have a small consulting company that owns an airplane that is used
for business trips. From time to time it would be useful to be able
to contact the airplane from our office which is not located on any
airport. What do we need to do to get authorization to install an
aircraft band radio at our office and use it to contact the company
airplane?

Thanks...

Ron Natalie January 1st 05 11:08 PM

C. J. Clegg wrote:
We have a small consulting company that owns an airplane that is used
for business trips. From time to time it would be useful to be able
to contact the airplane from our office which is not located on any
airport. What do we need to do to get authorization to install an
aircraft band radio at our office and use it to contact the company
airplane?

You can apply the the FCC and pay the fee. However, your range is
going to be limitted. It might be easier for you to use ARINC's
air-ground services where they can patch a telephone call from your
office through a air band ground station wherever your aircraft is.