-   Home Built (http://www.aviationbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Juan Jiminez is a liar and a fraud (was: Zoom fables on ANN (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=2470)

ChuckSlusarczyk August 4th 04 01:45 PM

Juan Jiminez is a liar and a fraud (was: Zoom fables on ANN

In article , Barnyard BOb - says...

Military 24 hour clock ;-)))

The military wouldn't give Campbell the time of day. g

Barnyard BOb - USAF, CANG, TNG

Gee Unka Bob
I almost spewed my coffee over that one. It was quick, concise ,funny and to the
point, I give it a 10.

Missed ya at Oshkosh numerous RAH notables were there and visited my booth for a
sip or two of either Blackberry or Peach ML. I'm sorry to say we had no kills
this week as the legend of ML has people getting cautious. I even the zoomster
tried to take my picture.
It was a hoot as he drove his golf cart up an aisle and parked with his back to
me and our booth. He then pretended to be taking pictures of things all around
him. We pretended to not notice him. He then switched to a big zoom lens on his
camera and pretended to be looking at something to his left thru the lens. He
suddenly swung 90 degrees and as soon as the camera was facing us we all smiled
and waved.
He spun around so fast that you would have thought he stick his finger in a
socket. Then he pretended to talk on his cell phone and left. It was hilarious.

What he didn't know was we had an "operative" taking his picture as he was
trying to take mine.I got some nice shots of him and his zoom lens LOL!!!

I don't know if he got the picture or not but I suspect he didn't because later
a kinda fat gal was acting weird in front of our booth and sheepishly took a
photo of the zoom free zone sign and then a shot of the inside of the tent
..Unusual photos,I suspect she was one of zoomies shills.

All in all a relaxed show and I even ran into some NASA guys that remembered me
from my tour at Lewis (now Glenn) Research Center.

See ya

Nefoo Chuck

ChuckSlusarczyk August 5th 04 11:59 AM

In article , RobertR237 says...
Gee Chuck, are you surprised that Zoom would want to take some photos of one of
the industries most influential people. I am sure that he must be doing some
followup story on the latest story in Kitplanes. I saw your photo and it was
very flattering but must have had some airbrush work done on it. Hell, You
haven't looked that good in decades. BFG

It must have been the result of my "nose job" last month LOL!!

I know that story had to have made Zoom sick and so damn jealous that he
couldn't see straight. After all, here he is the savior of general aviation
and the super journalist, greatest test pilot every, phone more types of
aircraft than anyone in the world but doesn't even get a mention.

It was an honor to receive the award and to get recognized by Kitplanes it's
nice to know that you made a small mark in the sand. To be recognized by one's
peers is very satisfying.zoom on the other hand has peer recognition but not the
kind that gets you an award . zoom can't fool more than a few people at a
time and certainly not his peers. The people who compile most of the awards out
there are well aware of zoom. I'm sure he's very jealous and since he knows
he'll never get recognition from his peers it probably eats him up.

Sadly he probably could have been a positive force in aviation but his methods
of running his business and his tactic of intimidating people who disagree with
him have caused most people in the industry to have a sour taste toward him.
Dan Johnson has been honored with a test pilot award and justly so. He really
does what he writes about and his peers know that.zoom won't get that award
because they know he didn't loop, roll and spin every plane he said he did.

To some I'm just another RAH-15 Lister who never did anything except be a member
of the over reacting, rabble rousing,capt zoom lynch mob, a position that I hold
in high esteem :-)Tony would be proud :-)

Chuck S RAH-15/1 ret

"Credibility it was always about credibility" chuck s

Juan Jimenez August 6th 04 03:39 PM

Ron Wanttaja wrote in
:

I figured this might be a good time to update folks on Campbell legal
actions. After all, the "surprise" *might* be related to one. :-)

Not even close, but knock yourself out. g

Juan Jimenez August 6th 04 03:41 PM

(B2431) wrote in
:

Oh, I get it, my fault that you can't read? Is that it? Or that you
have selective eyeballs? Is that it? HAHAHAHA!

Name once.

I rest my case. ROFL!

See, here comes your ignorant side out swinging and hitting yourself
square in the face again, Dannyboy. USMC, 1978-1982, SOES at MCAS
Cherry Point and HMM-161. Any other stupid comments you want to make?

Gee, now why don't I believe you?

Gee, now why don't I give a flying intercourse if you believe me or not,
Dannyboy? :)

In summary I have combat experience and much more time fixing
aircraft that you ever will.

Well, whoopdeedoo! I started flying and working on aircraft in 1973.
That makes it 31 years or so. g

How conveniently you skipped this one, eh? :)

Nice selective editing there. Just when do you plan on growing up?

Take your own advice. Get over it, Dannyboy. :)

Juan

Barnyard BOb - August 7th 04 12:02 PM

Juan Jimenez wrote....deleted

Take a hike, you're almost on a par with me, one of the most hated men
on usenet, the only difference is, you spout craptain zoom all the
time, and when I say something on a subject, I know what I'm talking
about.

That suicide crapsule you're working on must not be flying yet, if it
was, you wouldn't be here. You'd be RIP. ((Resting in pig ****.)Damn!
Sorry. that wouldn't be anything new to you.) - Lennie the Lurker

Say Lennie - aka Richard B,

Why hold back, fella?
Tell us how you really feel.

P.S.
Can't speak for others, but...
I've never come close to hating you.
In fact, I've never even disliked you.
Admittedly, some of your past prose impacted me negatively,
but hey..., we may be close to even on that score. smirk

Be well,

Barnyard BOb -

Ron Natalie August 7th 04 03:59 PM

"JohnT." wrote in message ...
on.

Why does ANN need a trailer anyway? sleeping quarters?

It's the "bunker" from which to defend himself from those who wish to do him
harm. It's been a few years since my buddy the tram driver forced him into a
puddle with the tractor.

Lennie the Lurker August 8th 04 04:20 PM

Barnyard BOb - wrote in message . ..

Say Lennie - aka Richard B,

Why hold back, fella?
Tell us how you really feel.

Thought I did, fairly well.

However if it'll change your mind, next saturday at noon they're gonna
strap my ass in a 2-33 and fling it skyward again, with an instructor
in the back seat. Did some work for them, and I'm at the point that
our favorite uncle will start taking a buck away from me for every
buck I earn. Object of flight: Burn the money so I don't feel like
I'm working for nothing. Got a hunch I'm not even going to touch the
controls. Might be three more years before I get into this situation
again, wouldn't make sense to even think about getting back into it. I
really don't want to be known as the ballast in the front of a 2-33
for my buddy. Hours in his log don't do anything for me except waste
time. Wasting time, I'm pretty good at without help.

John Ammeter August 8th 04 04:32 PM

On 8 Aug 2004 08:20:51 -0700,
(Lennie the Lurker) wrote:

[...]

DAMN, but you're a sourpuss..... And, what's more, you're
proud of it, too. I bet you'd **** and moan if someone GAVE
you a glider...

John (envious as Hell and trying my best to become a IOF,
too)

Barnyard BOb - August 9th 04 08:46 AM

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 22:06:30 -0500, wrote:

If God had intended me to fly, He'd have
given me more MONEY.
Lennie the Lurker

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I know God gave you more money than me.
Possibly more expenses, too....
or possibly not.

We all gotta play the hand we are dealt, BUT....
Even with a bad hand, there are at least 2 choices -
SMART or STOOPID.

Nobody gets out alive,
so quit yer bitchin'.

Barnyard BOb - the ol' filosofer

ChuckSlusarczyk August 9th 04 11:17 AM

In article , Barnyard BOb - says...

Not to worry.
Sooner or later jaun will get his.
Tis the nature of Karma.

Of the dearly departed, it would be a hoot to know
how many ex employees felt they had been treated
fairly and would work for Jim Campbell again.

From the sound of it Ron W knows of one.I don't know of any Maybe a bigger hoot
would be a list of all the people who have been zoomed over the years.I bet it
would read like a "who's who" of Sport aviation.LOL!!

see ya

nefoo Chuck RAH-15/1 ret

ChuckSlusarczyk August 9th 04 11:21 AM

In article , John Ammeter says...

I read Juan's posts and what I see is someone merely playing
with the posts... he really knows that Jim is a fraud but,
like BWB, Juan is happy that Jim provides him with some
benefits he wouldn't be able to have on his own.

I wonder if Juan is willing to let the "Doctor Campbell"
operate on his appendix?? Does he really believe that
Campbell flew the missions in Etheopia as he claims? If
Juan is as intelligent as he thinks he is... I'm sure he
knows that Campbell is a complete phony... But, he won't
leave Campbell... after all, what else can he do??

Not much in the world of aviation ,no other legitimate publication will hire him
..Lots of writers read this group and they know the players,believe me.

See ya

ChuckSlusarczyk August 9th 04 11:42 AM

In article , Ron Wanttaja says...

3. The suit by Campbell against RAF has been settled out of court.
Campbell sued RAF at the same time as Pulsar, making the same
"verbal-contract to advertise" claim. RAF has agreed to pay Zoom $6,500,
but *not* attorney's fees. The agreement states that the settlement is
"... the compromise of a doubtful and disputed claim and the payment is not
to be construed as an admission of liability... said RELEASES deny
liability and intend merely to avoid further litigation...."

Guess this is the end of RAF's positive comments on ANN LOL!!!

$6500 is probably about 32 hours of lawyer time; since Pulsar won
dismissal, there wouldn't be much left of the RAF $6500 settlement.

Good for Pulsar for standing up to zoom and his tactics I wish RAF would have
done the same.

4. One longstanding lawsuit by a printing company may have been finally
settled. This may allow Campbell to return to print media...books, or even
a magazine to go with Sport Pilot.

Possible but it will flop just like us aviator did with zoom at the helm.ANN has
very little in the way of inhouse generated articles it's mostly stuff off the
wire services written by press release people.He would have to have a lot more
actual articles to make it fly.

5. Campbell and former editor Tim Kern are REALLY at loggerheads.
Campbell, of course, has a tradition of suing ex-employees. Campbell would
probably like to silence Kern (I've been told Kern is critical of Zoom's
business practices) and a lawsuit might allow asking for a gag order to
keep "proprietary information" from public view. He might even scream
"conspiracy!" and add the usual co-defendants.

Kerns is very upset over his treatment by zoom since he left ANN and he can rest
assured if he needs any help from me all he need do is ask.I have "all" of
Tony's papers and records for evidence.

Thanks for the update Ron.

See ya

Chuck S RAH-15/1 ret

RobertR237 August 9th 04 02:34 PM

If God had intended me to fly, He'd have
given me more MONEY.
Lennie the Lurker

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I know God gave you more money than me.
Possibly more expenses, too....
or possibly not.

We all gotta play the hand we are dealt, BUT....
Even with a bad hand, there are at least 2 choices -
SMART or STOOPID.

Nobody gets out alive,
so quit yer bitchin'.

Barnyard BOb - the ol' filosofer

Some must die a more boring death than others.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

[email protected] August 9th 04 03:45 PM

On 09 Aug 2004 13:34:47 GMT, osite (RobertR237)
wrote:

Some must die a more boring death than others.

Iffen you gots a little of the boredom, kindly pass it on my way, I
can use a little predictability.

Lennie the Lurker

Juan Jimenez August 9th 04 09:34 PM

"JohnT." wrote in
:

Think it through. the ANN trailer is right next a major funnel point
(gate between flymarket and forum area, and west ramp, etc). Trams also
run through that gate. How can anyone NOT see that trailer with its big
ol' banner tied on.

Why does ANN need a trailer anyway? sleeping quarters?

The trailer has a high speed internet connection and an a/c, as well as
several coolers and plenty of working space. Ever been to the media shack
at any of the airshows? We get our work done much faster.

Juan Jimenez August 9th 04 09:35 PM

(B2431) wrote in
:

Oh, I get it, my fault that you can't read? Is that it? Or that you
have selective eyeballs? Is that it? HAHAHAHA!

Name once.

I rest my case. ROFL!

I knew you couldn't.

Of course you can't. :)

I skipped it because it doesn't impress me.

Is that your tail tucked itself between your legs when you read that? I
guess you can't even impress yourself. :)

I'm not the one resorting to lies and name calling, juan. Get back to
me when you can act as an adult.

Get over it, Dannyboy. :)

Juan Jimenez August 9th 04 09:38 PM

Corky Scott wrote in
:

Old Cowboy Wisdom: "Never get into a ****ing contest with a skunk."

shaking head I know cowboy's are a bit slow, but maybe you might want to
point out that it's best to avoid the skunk in the first place rather than
stand there with your pants down, expecting.... what... a b*ow job?

Juan Jimenez August 9th 04 09:39 PM

(Lennie the Lurker) wrote in
om:

Juan Jimenez wrote in message
.. .

Take a hike, you're almost on a par with me, one of the most hated men
on usenet, the only difference is, you spout craptain zoom all the
time, and when I say something on a subject, I know what I'm talking
about.

Is that what your doctor told you? Well, if it works for you and keeps you
off your meds, more power to you. But I gotta tell you, you need to stop
bringing in all that sand from the playground every time you post.

[email protected] August 9th 04 10:56 PM

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 20:39:25 GMT, Juan Jimenez wrote:

(Lennie the Lurker) wrote in
. com:

Juan Jimenez wrote in message
.. .

Go sit in your suicide capsule and make airplane sounds.

Lennie the Lurker

Juan Jimenez August 10th 04 12:24 AM

wrote in news:[email protected]
4ax.com:

Go sit in your suicide capsule and make airplane sounds.
Lennie the Lurker

Meds, numnbnuts. Take your meds. :)

plonk! Into the twit list you go! chuckle

ChuckSlusarczyk August 11th 04 04:20 AM

In article , Lennie the Lurker
says...

Boy, you'd sure thrive around here then. Latest unpredictable is
"what hospital is my kid going to next?" She's been in for a month
now, did a tracheostomy, put her on a respirator. Wondering what's
sometimes I wonder if I should kiss the doctor, or kill him. It has
to be one hell of a life for her, but there's not much anyone can do
that will really help. The tracheostomy and taking care of it is one
of the things I said I don't know if I can do. I don't mind working
on machines, but people???

Sorry to hear that but all the best wishes for your daughter and the family.

Chuck S

Lennie the Lurker August 11th 04 03:25 PM

osite (RobertR237) wrote in message ...

We each have our own problems but right now I don't think I want to trade with
you. You do have your hands full. Good luck and I will give you my best.

Like I said, I'll accept any boredom you have to spare. I think I
know why I feel so damned old and tired.

Lennie the Lurker August 11th 04 04:02 PM

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote in message ...

Sorry to hear that but all the best wishes for your daughter and the family.

Chuck S

It's been 35 years of it now, Chuck. You never get used to it, maybe
a little hardened from it, but I still hate seeing it reach the point
where it is now. The back and kidney surgeries were ok, they at least
stopped the problem, but lungs that are only 30% of the capacity they
should be is something they can't cure with a knife.

MIght be taking a trip to Tucson with Del O. pretty quick, think I'm
going to sell a turret lathe, and that would be where it would be
delivered to. The drive might be boring enough. (Nothing is boring
with Del there.)

ChuckSlusarczyk August 12th 04 03:39 AM

In article , Lennie the Lurker
says...

It's been 35 years of it now, Chuck. You never get used to it, maybe
a little hardened from it, but I still hate seeing it reach the point
where it is now. The back and kidney surgeries were ok, they at least
stopped the problem, but lungs that are only 30% of the capacity they
should be is something they can't cure with a knife.

Wow that just too long to suffer with something,I got no right to complain
about my ear problems when compared to your situation. Whether you believe in it
or not we'll keep you and your family in our prayers I've seen it work.

MIght be taking a trip to Tucson with Del O. pretty quick, think I'm
going to sell a turret lathe, and that would be where it would be
delivered to. The drive might be boring enough. (Nothing is boring
with Del there.)

Yeah taking a trip with Del would be a trip all right LOL!!! He'll keep you
entertained LOL!!.I think I saw him at Oshkosh this year or maybe it was SnF
..Boy getting old sure beats up the memory banks:-)
Best of luck

See ya

Chuck S

ChuckSlusarczyk September 15th 04 12:23 PM

Did I miss something,wasn't there supposed to be some earth shaking announcement
from zoom/jaun in Sept? I took a quick look but couldn't find
jauns post about the event so maybe I'm wrong about the month.

Chuck (tired of holding my breath) S RAH-14/1 ret

"credibility it was always about credibility" chuck s

Dionysos September 15th 04 12:59 PM

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote in message

Did I miss something,wasn't there supposed to be some earth shaking

announcement
from zoom/jaun in Sept? I took a quick look but couldn't find
jauns post about the event so maybe I'm wrong about the month.

Chuck (tired of holding my breath) S RAH-14/1 ret

"credibility it was always about credibility" chuck s

You will not hear about it...it has been mostly covered up. I do have
classified information on this most astounding feat though...
My sources have disclosed that Captain Zoom had chartered a Boeing 747 to
fly much needed supplies to Iraq. When arriving at Baghdad Intl, he then did
a knife edge pass down the runway. He then had to evade several missiles, as
forces fired on him thinking he was a terrorist. After landing, he regaled
the crowd with his latest flying story...It had to be hushed though because
of the way he broke through defenses.

--
Dionysos

Juan Jimenez September 15th 04 02:21 PM

"Dionysos" wrote in
news:[email protected]_s53:

You will not hear about it...it has been mostly covered up.

mercy snip

http://tinyurl.com/4spde

It's all about credibility, the kind he doesn't have. chuckle

Sean Trost September 15th 04 02:52 PM

OK ?
and ?

Juan Jimenez wrote:
"Dionysos" wrote in
news:[email protected]_s53:

Sean Trost September 15th 04 02:52 PM

OK ?
and ?

Juan Jimenez wrote:
"Dionysos" wrote in
news:[email protected]_s53:

ChuckSlusarczyk September 15th 04 04:26 PM

In article , Juan Jimenez says...

"Dionysos" wrote in
news:[email protected]_s53:

You will not hear about it...it has been mostly covered up.

mercy snip

http://tinyurl.com/4spde

It's all about credibility, the kind he doesn't have. chuckle

Yawn!! I wonder what Dr. Peter Diamandis's phone number is?

See ya

Chuck S RAH-14/1 ret

Dionysos September 15th 04 06:30 PM

http://tinyurl.com/4spde

It's all about credibility, the kind he doesn't have. chuckle

What!!?? That's it!!?? Covering a story??!!

--
Dionysos

Frank Hitlaw September 15th 04 07:23 PM

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote in message ...
Did I miss something,wasn't there supposed to be some earth shaking announcement
from zoom/jaun in Sept? I took a quick look but couldn't find
jauns post about the event so maybe I'm wrong about the month.

Chuck (tired of holding my breath) S RAH-14/1 ret

"credibility it was always about credibility" chuck s

Chuck;

juan and zzzzooom are living proof that light travels faster than
sound.This why they appear bright until you here them speak.

Heard that they are exploiting zzzooom being a pool photog for the
spaceship one flight.Said he is available to cover your aviation
event.Let him try Sun n Fun. Guaranteed that will stay a zzzzooom free
zone.

Frank Hitlaw
Jakarta

wmbjk September 15th 04 07:41 PM

On 15 Sep 2004 08:26:14 -0700, ChuckSlusarczyk
wrote:

In article , Juan Jimenez says...

"Dionysos" wrote in
news:[email protected]_s53:

You will not hear about it...it has been mostly covered up.

mercy snip

http://tinyurl.com/4spde

It's all about credibility, the kind he doesn't have. chuckle

Yawn!! I wonder what Dr. Peter Diamandis's phone number is?

See ya

Chuck S RAH-14/1 ret

Those web site press releases must be *very* costly to produce,
because I can't find anything about this blockbuster announcement on
the Ansari site. ANN needn't feel left out though, since my own
selection as a designated TV viewer wasn't mentioned either. ;-)

Wayne

RobertR237 September 16th 04 02:02 AM

OK ?
and ?

Juan Jimenez wrote:
"Dionysos" wrote in
news:[email protected]_s53:

You will not hear about it...it has been mostly covered up.

mercy snip

http://tinyurl.com/4spde

It's all about credibility, the kind he doesn't have. chuckle

How totally appropriate that it would be found at "tinurl.com", its no big
deal.

ChuckSlusarczyk September 17th 04 03:28 AM

In article , wmbjk says...
Those web site press releases must be *very* costly to produce,
because I can't find anything about this blockbuster announcement on
the Ansari site. ANN needn't feel left out though, since my own
selection as a designated TV viewer wasn't mentioned either. ;-)

Man, I was blown away with that announcement I just couldn't contain
myself.LOL!! I guess it doesn't take much to impress themselves. When I read the
announcement I could tell who wrote it. The Staff of writers and even a test
pilot are covering the X event. I was excited about the contest and was
following it right up to this last revelation and now the shine is off the
apple.

Just knowing the phonys are writing about the contest has cost them some
credibility. We'll never know if what is written is fact or just more of zoomies
embellished tall tales. Hopefully the head honchos will get wind of who they
trusted with their press and dump them before they can do to much damage ..

Think I'll have a snifter of Muzzle Loader to calm my still shocked nerves..
HA HA ha haaaaa!!!

See ya

Chuck (takes more then that to impress me) S RAH-14/1 ret

ChuckSlusarczyk September 18th 04 02:16 PM

In article , Richard Riley says...

:Yawn!! I wonder what Dr. Peter Diamandis's phone number is?

I'm sending you his email and phone number privately.

Mucho Gratias Ricardo!

If anyone else wants it drop me a private e mail at

Dzien Dobry

Chuck S RAH-14/1 ret

"what's good for the goose is good for the duck"......Daffy

Juan Jimenez September 19th 04 06:33 PM

Sean Trost wrote in :

OK ?
and ?

Juan Jimenez wrote:
"Dionysos" wrote in
news:[email protected]_s53:

You will not hear about it...it has been mostly covered up.

mercy snip

http://tinyurl.com/4spde

It's all about credibility, the kind he doesn't have. chuckle

So X-Prize chooses ANN as its sole pool media. All worldwide media have to
get their stories through us. Remember how many news media were covering
the flight the last time?

Juan Jimenez September 19th 04 06:34 PM

"Dionysos" wrote in news:C__1d.182857$9d6.58893
@attbi_s54:

http://tinyurl.com/4spde

It's all about credibility, the kind he doesn't have. chuckle

What!!?? That's it!!?? Covering a story??!!

ROFL! You been living in a cave the last few months? You think the Scaled
Composites attempt to claim the $10 million X-Prize is just "a story"?

Juan Jimenez September 19th 04 06:36 PM

(Frank Hitlaw) wrote in
om:

Said he is available to cover your aviation
event.Let him try Sun n Fun. Guaranteed that will stay a zzzzooom free
zone.

Frank Hitlaw
Jakarta

I guess you missed the last SNF where Jim went right through the front
gate, unchallenged, and documented by the local TV, radio and print media.
chuckle