-   -   Mecaplex Rail Screws? (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=278914)

Papa3[_2_] October 2nd 20 02:00 PM

Mecaplex Rail Screws?

Have to put in a replacement rail in a club ship, and I'm fairly sure one or more screws were lost when the old one broke. Anyone know the specs on those screws. From memory I'm guessing about an M3 x 0.5x 1 but would be great to know for sure. I'm not near the glider to check the old ones.

P3

Jim N October 2nd 20 02:51 PM

Mecaplex Rail Screws?

I replaced mine with M3 8mm plastic ones available from Amazon

Jim Norem
3K

John Sinclair[_5_] October 2nd 20 03:03 PM

Mecaplex Rail Screws?

On Friday, October 2, 2020 at 6:51:45 AM UTC-7, Jim N wrote:
I replaced mine with M3 8mm plastic ones available from Amazon

Jim Norem
3K

I’m sure I have some in my window box. Send name and address..........no charge to good guys,
JJ

Hartley Falbaum[_2_] October 5th 20 01:09 PM

Mecaplex Rail Screws?

On Friday, October 2, 2020 at 9:00:21 AM UTC-4, Papa3 wrote:
Have to put in a replacement rail in a club ship, and I'm fairly sure one or more screws were lost when the old one broke. Anyone know the specs on those screws. From memory I'm guessing about an M3 x 0.5x 1 but would be great to know for sure. I'm not near the glider to check the old ones.

P3

M3-0.50 by about 8mm is correct---just did the same job.