-   -   rec.aviation.military??! (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=10183)

[email protected] September 10th 04 08:45 AM

rec.aviation.military??!

When did the gr8 NG rec.aviation.military change to rec.bush.political
bull****?!

Krztalizer September 10th 04 08:58 AM

When did the gr8 NG rec.aviation.military change to rec.bush.political
bull****?!

About, what, three years ago...?

Raoul September 10th 04 01:19 PM

In article ,
wrote:

When did the gr8 NG rec.aviation.military change to rec.bush.political
bull****?!

I don't know when because I've only been subscribed for a couple of
months.

It seems there are a couple of reasons. First, there are
politospammers who, rather than trying to sell penis enhancers, are
trying to sell their political ideas by spewing them enmass in any
group which seems mildly political. A group with 'military' in the
name naturally would have people of strong political opinion and,
hehse, the politospammers come here. Second, with all the military
action during the Bush presidency, it's natural to discuss the policies
behind those policies in a military newsgroup. And, lastly, the major
arguments of this presidential campaign seem to be about those policies
and the warrior qualities of the two major candidates for president of
the US.

Personally, I was hoping that it would be more of a military aviation
geekfest when I subscribed but it has been fun and interesting
nonetheless...

raoul

B2431 September 10th 04 08:34 PM

From: Raoul

snip

Personally, I was hoping that it would be more of a military aviation
geekfest when I subscribed but it has been fun and interesting
nonetheless...

raoul

It goes in cycles. After the 2000 election there was a pretty big riot going
on. Between then and now we stayed mostly on military aviation with some rather
humerous digressions like the genius who said the U.S.S. was sunk. His
definition of 'sunk' was 'no longer combat ready.'

We have a few regular trolls that make some of us laugh. Currently denyev is
the funniest with (his claim last years the Nazis tested 2 atomic bombs is one
of his better ones) some rather interesting theories.

Last year was a good one for trolls. We even had a guy tell us the USAF was
significanly responsible for 9/11.

Hang tough, this is just a phase.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

mah September 11th 04 01:01 AM

Raoul wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

When did the gr8 NG rec.aviation.military change to rec.bush.political
bull****?!

I don't know when because I've only been subscribed for a couple of
months.

Personally, I was hoping that it would be more of a military aviation
geekfest when I subscribed but it has been fun and interesting
nonetheless...

raoul

Hang in there. One of these days the signal to noise ratio will
improve.

MAH

(in and out of RAM since 1998)

Mortimer Schnerd, RN September 11th 04 01:34 AM

mah wrote:
Hang in there. One of these days the signal to noise ratio will
improve.

I'm a big believer in message rules. A few judiciously picked keywords cuts
through quite a bit of crap.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

http://www.mortimerschnerd.com

John Keeney September 11th 04 01:47 AM

"Krztalizer" wrote in message

When did the gr8 NG rec.aviation.military change to rec.bush.political
bull****?!

About, what, three years ago...?

I make it as closer to 4: about 3 years and 10 months.

Taki Kogoma September 11th 04 02:03 AM

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:45:13 +0200,
allegedly declared to rec.aviation.military...
When did the gr8 NG rec.aviation.military change to rec.bush.political
bull****?!

December '00/Jan '01.

Gym "Before then, it was rec.clinton.political.bull**** with
occasional mil-aviation geeking." Quirk

--
Capt. Gym Z. Quirk (Known to some as Taki Kogoma) quirk @ swcp.com
Just an article detector on the Information Supercollider.