AviationBanter

AviationBanter (http://www.aviationbanter.com/index.php)
-   Soaring (http://www.aviationbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2020 contests (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=254742)

[email protected] May 6th 19 10:39 PM

2020 contests
 
Hey all, I see Nephi on the calendar, any other leads however tentative, on 2020 contests? Especially curious about Club Nats and region 10

[email protected] May 7th 19 12:23 AM

2020 contests
 
On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 5:39:27 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hey all, I see Nephi on the calendar, any other leads however tentative, on 2020 contests? Especially curious about Club Nats and region 10


Sports will be going to Waller Texas. Bid expected to be approved at next SSA Excom meeting in about 2 weeks.
Club will be in scenic Benton Tenn.
UH

Andrzej Kobus May 20th 19 01:17 PM

2020 contests
 
On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 7:23:15 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 5:39:27 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hey all, I see Nephi on the calendar, any other leads however tentative, on 2020 contests? Especially curious about Club Nats and region 10


Sports will be going to Waller Texas. Bid expected to be approved at next SSA Excom meeting in about 2 weeks.
Club will be in scenic Benton Tenn.
UH


Hank, do you know where open class will take place?

[email protected] May 21st 19 02:31 AM

2020 contests
 
On Monday, May 20, 2019 at 8:17:47 AM UTC-4, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 7:23:15 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 5:39:27 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hey all, I see Nephi on the calendar, any other leads however tentative, on 2020 contests? Especially curious about Club Nats and region 10


Sports will be going to Waller Texas. Bid expected to be approved at next SSA Excom meeting in about 2 weeks.
Club will be in scenic Benton Tenn.
UH


Hank, do you know where open class will take place?


Minden
UH

Christopher Schrader[_2_] May 23rd 19 07:13 PM

2020 contests
 
Now that Flarm is required of all pilots flying a Nationals, should we expect Flarm to be required at all Regionals in 2020, 2021, 2022?




Andy Blackburn[_3_] May 23rd 19 07:49 PM

2020 contests
 
On Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 1:13:13 PM UTC-5, Christopher Schrader wrote:
Now that Flarm is required of all pilots flying a Nationals, should we expect Flarm to be required at all Regionals in 2020, 2021, 2022?


Mandatory Flarm carriage at Regionals is not contemplated at this time.

The intention to require Flarm at Nationals has been discussed for several years at RC meetings and was formally announced following the November 2017 RC meeting. It was formalized for 2019 following the 2018 pilot survey that showed very strong support and near 100% voluntary Flarm carriage among pilots who flew Nationals. Neither of those prerequisites are currently met for Regional contests.

Andy Blackburn - for the US Contest Rules Committee

[email protected][_2_] May 24th 19 01:41 AM

2020 contests
 
“Mandatory Flarm carriage at Regionals is not contemplated at this time. “

Oh....good.....let me put away my pitchfork and crossbows back in the shed.
Hells fury averted again!

R


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
AviationBanter.com