-   Instrument Flight Rules (http://www.aviationbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Can I log SIC under 135 IFR? (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=177336)

[email protected] April 20th 14 05:38 AM

Can I log SIC under 135 IFR?

In an interview I had recently, I was told the nearly 300 hours I'd logged as SIC in a C208B for a Scheduled 135 EAS provider was not able to be counted in my logbook for Total Flight Time calculations. I had received a 135.293; 135.297 and 135.299 check ride and have said endorsements on my 8410-3..

Can I or can't I log it?

On Friday, December 8, 2000 1:05:28 PM UTC-6, Jim Macklin wrote:
If the basic rule requires two pilot crews, such as 135 passenger 135,
whether the operator has the single-pilot with autopilot authorization or
not, the particular flight may have two pilots assigned and both can log
time IAW SIC/PIC duties. The installed autopilot can be functional and even
be used.

Both (all) crew members must be qualified for 135 operations and have
current 135 training and letters.

--
Jim Macklin
ATP, CFI-ASMEI, A&P

wrote in message ...
It is my understanding that by regulation, I need to have two pilots
for any aircraft operated under IFR, under part 135, unless the
airplane has an approved autopilot.

Can I log second-in-command time if flying in an aircraft that HAS such
an autopilot under 135, under IFR if I simply don't use it, or
disconnect it? (assuming that the plane does not otherwise require 2
pilots i.e. a C-210 or something like that).

--Dan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

kowel pazanjian June 16th 15 03:55 AM

Yeah, like Dan said, either one of the two of you in the cockpit is able to log SIC/PIC time (IAW), but you need to be checked out under 135 regs. That said, since the airlines you're applying to (assuming regionals like Mesa or Skywest) will probably want to see just PIC time, since you have to get that time to land a job with them. Assuming you want to go the airline route, it might be best to just wait and log the PIC time, because the SIC time you log under 135 will count as PIC, but you technically have to log it as SIC time. So, it would probably be better to wait and log PIC time since that will be the best thing for them to see.