-   -   military and overseas voting (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=10360)

[email protected] September 22nd 04 09:11 AM

military and overseas voting

The DOD has locked out the fvap.gov website in an attempt to stop
military votes. However, you can get the same information mirrored
he

http://www.overseasvote2004.com/

Looks like Rummy wants democracy everwhere but the USA. More info
he
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/0,39020330,39167419,00.htm

Please spread the word.

George Ruch September 23rd 04 12:48 AM

) wrote:

The DOD has locked out the fvap.gov website in an attempt to stop
military votes. However, you can get the same information mirrored
he

http://www.overseasvote2004.com/

Looks like Rummy wants democracy everwhere but the USA. More info
he
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/0,39020330,39167419,00.htm

Per the above article,
quote
Wanadoo and BT have both been hit by the blockade, according to sources
familiar with the situation, and early reports have claimed that Telefonica
and China Telecom are also hit.
/quote

If you look the amount of spam, trojans, etc. coming from these domains is
legend. Look into the conversations at net.admin.net-abuse.email and the
notices in net.admin.net-abuse.bulletins for details. The domains listed
in the article and their associated address ranges are, IIRC, block on
sight.

In short, they're protecting their network.

[email protected] September 23rd 04 07:11 AM

I can't interpret your gibberish. Hopefully English is a second
language for you. If not, please don't vote. You clearly are not are
not literate and thus can't be informed enough to vote wisely.

"ian maclure" wrote in message ...
On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:04:01 +0000, John?]
wrote:

[snip]

Overseasvote 2004 says "Paid for by the Democratic National Committee *
430 S. Capitol St. SE, Washington DC 20003.

Meanwhile, http://fvap.gov/ works just fine for me.

Whom did you say is trying to suppress the military vote...?

Based on the recent past that would be errmmm, the Dhimmicraps!

IBM

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

ian maclure September 23rd 04 07:08 PM

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:11:42 -0700, wrote:

I can't interpret your gibberish. Hopefully English is a second

Your lack of reading comprehension is not my problem.
Maybe the Laubach Literacy folks could help.

language for you. If not, please don't vote. You clearly are not are
not literate and thus can't be informed enough to vote wisely.

English is my native language.
I am very literate.
And ( you aren't going to like this at all ), I intend to vote:

1. early
2. often
3. Republican

In short:

1. Neener!
2. Neener!
3. Neener!

[email protected] September 23rd 04 08:57 PM

Protecting their website? Is this like cutting down all the trees to
prevent forest fires?

Sending spam is easy. Faking email addresses is easy. Hacking website
is an order of magnitude harder. Most hacks are done by "social
engineering" the DNS to a new address. One would thing for the
fvap.gov, this could be controlled.

George Ruch September 25th 04 08:25 AM

) wrote:

Protecting their website? Is this like cutting down all the trees to
prevent forest fires?

Sending spam is easy. Faking email addresses is easy. Hacking website
is an order of magnitude harder. Most hacks are done by "social
engineering" the DNS to a new address. One would thing for the
fvap.gov, this could be controlled.

The point you seem to have missed is that the blocked networks referenced
in the article Are Not To Be Trusted. In most cases any mail and web
traffic hosted on them is Block On Sight.

Blocking these networks should _not_ prevent overseas military personnel
from using their on-base .mil addresses for both registration and voting.