-   Home Built (http://www.aviationbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Identify this airplane, please (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=244378)

[email protected] February 23rd 18 05:44 PM

Identify this airplane, please

I have a friend who bought an airplane in 1962, and he cannot remember the make.
It was a white or cream taildragger with tandem seating and a control stick rather than a yoke. It was a high-wing airplane, and it was easy to fly.

He bought it when he was 15, for $600, and his only training was that the seller simply told him to use the stick gently to raise or lower the nose or bank the wings to turn, and to slide it back to earth gently when he wanted to land. He then flew it home and landed in the pasture. Eventually he discovered he was doing this illegally and sold it.

What was the make and model of this aircraft?
Reply privately if you wish to drdan--AT--wwt.net

Paul Tomblin February 23rd 18 09:20 PM

In a previous article, said:
I have a friend who bought an airplane in 1962, and he cannot remember the make.
It was a white or cream taildragger with tandem seating and a control
stick rather than a yoke. It was a high-wing airplane, and it was easy
to fly.

Too hard to narrow down, but I'm betting Piper Cub or Aeronca Champ.

--
Paul Tomblin
http://blog.xcski.com/

Clare Snyder February 24th 18 02:44 AM

Identify this airplane, please

On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 20:20:43 -0000 (UTC),
(Paul Tomblin) wrote:

In a previous article, said:
I have a friend who bought an airplane in 1962, and he cannot remember the make.
It was a white or cream taildragger with tandem seating and a control
stick rather than a yoke. It was a high-wing airplane, and it was easy
to fly.

Too hard to narrow down, but I'm betting Piper Cub or Aeronca Champ.

The AirKnocker would have been my first guess.