-   Home Built (http://www.aviationbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Is the reality of small aircraft safety overidden by enthusiasm? (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=237214)

[email protected] July 28th 17 01:42 AM

Is the reality of small aircraft safety overidden by enthusiasm?

During activities like Airventure (Sun N fun too)I notice great enthusiasm by potential builders of the huge array models available. Also you see the successful builders with a sense of accomplishment flying their creations to the air exposition. But if you poled the successful pilots regarding close calls with their machines you would hope some of the enthusiasm is replaced with caution.

During the building phase the effort required presents itself, oh man it's taking a lot of time and money, that kit salesman had a lot of enthusiasm.

Not for the weak winged that's for sure. I'm not trying to discourage, how could I do that?

Anonymous