-   Aviation Photos (http://www.aviationbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Sky King! (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=70634)

AJ[_2_] November 25th 07 09:05 PM

http://media.af.tv/series/skyking/skyking-59.wmv
http://media.af.tv/series/skyking/skyking-60.wmv
http://media.af.tv/series/skyking/skyking-61.wmv
http://media.af.tv/series/skyking/skyking-62.wmv
http://media.af.tv/series/skyking/skyking-63.wmv
http://media.af.tv/series/skyking/skyking-64.wmv

Tom Callahan November 25th 07 11:34 PM

Sky King!

Thanks. They are super. I sent the links to people I know who are trying
to learn English as a second language. The plots are good, the dialogue
crisp and clear, no worry about profanity, etc. There are more uses for
this kind of nostalgia than you imagined, Tom in Pensacola

"AJ" wrote in message
. ..
A blast from the past -- free online!

http://media.af.tv/series/skyking/skyking-1.wmv
http://media.af.tv/series/skyking/skyking-2.wmv

CWO4 Dave Mann November 26th 07 12:35 AM

Sky King!

Tom Callahan wrote:
Thanks. They are super. I sent the links to people I know who are trying
to learn English as a second language. The plots are good, the dialogue
crisp and clear, no worry about profanity, etc. There are more uses for
this kind of nostalgia than you imagined, Tom in Pensacola

"AJ" wrote in message
. ..
A blast from the past -- free online!

http://media.af.tv/series/skyking/skyking-1.wmv
http://media.af.tv/series/skyking/skyking-2.wmv

Oh yah ... Sky King. I had the hots for Penny from about 1955 on .....
Sky King was one of several reasons that I started flying lessons when I
was 14. I wanted to do Penny so bad ... anyway ...

By the way, I know that the real trivia-minded amongst us will remember
hearing "Sky King, Sky King -- Do Not Answer -- " followed by a bunch of
phonetic alphabet letters .. heard on the HF Shortwave bands. That was
the one-way recall message sent to our USAF Nuke carrying aircraft
circling at the "Alpha Point" just on the other side of Soviet Air Space.

Cheersd,

Dave

Oviedo November 26th 07 03:22 AM

Sky King!

"CWO4 Dave Mann" wrote in message
. ..
Tom Callahan wrote:
Thanks. They are super. I sent the links to people I know who are
trying to learn English as a second language. The plots are good, the
dialogue crisp and clear, no worry about profanity, etc. There are more
uses for this kind of nostalgia than you imagined, Tom in Pensacola

"AJ" wrote in message
. ..
A blast from the past -- free online!

http://media.af.tv/series/skyking/skyking-1.wmv
http://media.af.tv/series/skyking/skyking-2.wmv

Oh yah ... Sky King. I had the hots for Penny from about 1955 on .....
Sky King was one of several reasons that I started flying lessons when I
was 14. I wanted to do Penny so bad ... anyway ...

By the way, I know that the real trivia-minded amongst us will remember
hearing "Sky King, Sky King -- Do Not Answer -- " followed by a bunch of
phonetic alphabet letters .. heard on the HF Shortwave bands. That was
the one-way recall message sent to our USAF Nuke carrying aircraft
circling at the "Alpha Point" just on the other side of Soviet Air Space.

Cheersd,

Dave

Sky King, Sky King, do not answer. Message follows: Sierra, Alpha, Charlie,
Sierra, Uniform, Charlie, Kilo, Sierra. Message out!

PLMerite November 26th 07 01:08 PM

Sky King!

Tom Callahan wrote:
Thanks. They are super. I sent the links to people I know who are
trying
to learn English as a second language. The plots are good, the dialogue
crisp and clear, no worry about profanity, etc. There are more uses for
this kind of nostalgia than you imagined, Tom in Pensacola

"AJ" wrote in message
. ..
A blast from the past -- free online!

http://media.af.tv/series/skyking/skyking-1.wmv
http://media.af.tv/series/skyking/skyking-2.wmv

Oh yah ... Sky King. I had the hots for Penny from about 1955 on .....
Sky King was one of several reasons that I started flying lessons when I
was 14. I wanted to do Penny so bad ... anyway ...

Penny (Gloria Winters) will be 75 on Wednesday.

JPaul November 26th 07 03:14 PM

Sky King!

"PLMerite" a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]

Penny (Gloria Winters) will be 75 on Wednesday.

http://www.angelfire.com/mi/freeper/...ewSongbird.JPG

--
[email protected], *JPaul*

Jim[_8_] November 26th 07 06:36 PM

Sky King!

O.K. . . . the fingers are faster than the eye . . .

Would the original poster PLEASE repost all the links to the Sky King
series? Is there a web site one can go to for these?

Thanks -- jim

news:[email protected]

Tom Callahan wrote:
Thanks. They are super. I sent the links to people I know who are
trying
to learn English as a second language. The plots are good, the dialogue
crisp and clear, no worry about profanity, etc. There are more uses for
this kind of nostalgia than you imagined, Tom in Pensacola

. ..

AJ[_2_] November 26th 07 10:12 PM

Sky King!

"Jim" jaahrens NOSPAM at yahoo dot com wrote in
:

http://www.americanflyers.net/entertainment/skyking.asp

CWO4 Dave Mann November 26th 07 11:29 PM

Sky King!

Tom Callahan wrote:
Thanks. They are super. I sent the links to people I know who are
trying
to learn English as a second language. The plots are good, the dialogue
crisp and clear, no worry about profanity, etc. There are more uses for
this kind of nostalgia than you imagined, Tom in Pensacola

"AJ" wrote in message
. ..
A blast from the past -- free online!

http://media.af.tv/series/skyking/skyking-1.wmv
http://media.af.tv/series/skyking/skyking-2.wmv

Oh yah ... Sky King. I had the hots for Penny from about 1955 on .....
Sky King was one of several reasons that I started flying lessons when I
was 14. I wanted to do Penny so bad ... anyway ...

Penny (Gloria Winters) will be 75 on Wednesday.

By the way, I know that the real trivia-minded amongst us will remember
hearing "Sky King, Sky King -- Do Not Answer -- " followed by a bunch of
phonetic alphabet letters .. heard on the HF Shortwave bands. That was
the one-way recall message sent to our USAF Nuke carrying aircraft
circling at the "Alpha Point" just on the other side of Soviet Air Space.

Cheersd,

Dave

75 years old, eh? Well heck, all this time I was after an Older Woman
.... I'll be 63 here anyday now.

Heh heh....

Dave