-   -   Comparison Canadair CL415 vs. Beriev Be200??? (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=9986)

sOOva August 20th 04 10:58 PM

Comparison Canadair CL415 vs. Beriev Be200???

Air Power Journal or Air International I think...

Does anybody has it???

Please scan and Email me.

I will be very greatful...Thanx...

Prowlus August 22nd 04 12:27 AM

"sOOva" wrote in message ...
Air Power Journal or Air International I think...

Does anybody has it???

Please scan and Email me.

I will be very greatful...Thanx...

Haven't seen the article yet but ain't that comparing apples to
oranges? A more appropriate comparison would be the be200 to the
martin seamaster

sOOva August 22nd 04 06:16 PM

"Prowlus" wrote in message
om...
"sOOva" wrote in message

Air Power Journal or Air International I think...

Does anybody has it???

Please scan and Email me.

I will be very greatful...Thanx...

Haven't seen the article yet but ain't that comparing apples to
oranges? A more appropriate comparison would be the be200 to the
martin seamaster

Thanks, for answering, but it looks like there is a big chance for Croatia
to buy Be-200 for Fire fighting missions, so much about oranges and apples,
and politics which does not know difference between fruits...

Ken Duffey August 22nd 04 08:12 PM

sOOva wrote:

"Prowlus" wrote in message
om...

"sOOva" wrote in message

Air Power Journal or Air International I think...

Does anybody has it???

Please scan and Email me.

I will be very greatful...Thanx...

Haven't seen the article yet but ain't that comparing apples to
oranges? A more appropriate comparison would be the be200 to the
martin seamaster

Thanks, for answering, but it looks like there is a big chance for Croatia
to buy Be-200 for Fire fighting missions, so much about oranges and apples,
and politics which does not know difference between fruits...

The modern equivalent to the Martin Seamaster would be the Beriev A-40
Mermaid :-
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/...pages/a-40.htm

The Be-200 is a civil machine designed for firefighting - or as a
general utility amphibian.

As such is is in the same class as the CL-415 - only bigger and better
:- http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/...ges/be-200.htm

Ken

Andrew Chaplin August 22nd 04 09:26 PM

Ken Duffey wrote:

The modern equivalent to the Martin Seamaster would be the Beriev A-40
Mermaid :- http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/...pages/a-40.htm

The Be-200 is a civil machine designed for firefighting - or as a
general utility amphibian.

As such is is in the same class as the CL-415 - only bigger and better
:- http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/...ges/be-200.htm

Bigger certainly, but the "better" bit depends on how the question is
asked. I say each is fairly well tailored to the conditions in which
their builders foresee them being used. I would be surprised if the
Be-200 would be as cheap to operate as the CL-415, especially in North
America; likewise, the CL-415 would probably be more expensive to
operate in Eastern Europe and Russia. It would also be interesting to
be able to compare mission availability.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Geo June 24th 12 09:59 PM