-   Rotorcraft (http://www.aviationbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   test (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=72072)

Steve R. December 24th 07 01:34 AM

test

Just wondering!

Stuart & Kathryn Fields December 24th 07 07:11 PM

test

Probably wondering if there is any life in RAR.
Stu Fields
"Hawkdoc" wrote in message

"Steve R." wrote in message
Just wondering!

What cha' wondering?

Happy Holidays everyone.
James

Brien December 24th 07 09:10 PM

test

It will probably be a long time if ever till this board gets back to what it
use to be.

"Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote in message
.. .
Probably wondering if there is any life in RAR.
Stu Fields
"Hawkdoc" wrote in message

"Steve R." wrote in message
Just wondering!

What cha' wondering?

Happy Holidays everyone.
James

William Hung[_2_] December 31st 07 05:08 AM

test

On Dec 24, 6:46*pm, "Steve R" wrote:
True, and it has been more quiet around here that I, and I'm sure many of
you, would like.

Actually, the post was made from my new laptop. *I'd been having trouble
getting the Windows Vista version of Outlook Express to communicate from my
laptop through the wireless router. *The post was a test to see if it would
work. *It did! *:-)

Having explained that, please excuse the following politically incorrect
statement but, I hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas and a blessed
New Year!

Be safe everyone!
Steve R.

"Brien" wrote in message

It will probably be a long time if ever till this board gets back to what
it use to be.

"Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote in message
. ..
Probably wondering if there is any life in RAR.
Stu Fields
"Hawkdoc" wrote in message
.. .

"Steve R." wrote in message
Just wondering!

What cha' wondering?

Happy Holidays everyone.
James- Hide quoted text -

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too Steve. I think the
Rotary Wing Forum has replaced RAR and RAR is indeed dead.

Wil

Stuart & Kathryn Fields January 2nd 08 05:01 AM

test

William: I was under the impression that the Rotary Wing Forum was
primarily gyrocopters and little if any helicopter stuff showed there?
If so we still need an RAR with helicopter stuff. I used to fly a Benson
and now fly a Baby Belle. Big, Big, difference.
Stu

"Brien" wrote in message

It will probably be a long time if ever till this board gets back to
what
it use to be.

"Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote in message
. ..
Probably wondering if there is any life in RAR.
Stu Fields
"Hawkdoc" wrote in message
.. .

Stuart & Kathryn Fields January 2nd 08 07:40 PM

test

Hey OTHER Kevin are you still out there? How about some postings on your
experiences as a CFI? We need to keep this NG alive and you can write you
know. (Aside the use of Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays
constitutes political incorrectness in some circles where the people do not
have an interesting life and need instead to correct others)
Stu
"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 17:46:59 -0600, "Steve R"
wrote:

Having explained that, please excuse the following politically incorrect
statement but, I hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas and a blessed
New Year!

Politically Incorrect?? How so??

Steve R.[_2_] January 3rd 08 02:07 AM

test

wrote:

Having explained that, please excuse the following politically incorrect
statement but, I hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas and a blessed
New Year!

Politically Incorrect?? How so??

Nothing really, it just that I've been hearing so much lately from those who
claim they're "offended" by the word "Christmas" and we should only say
"Happy Holidays."

To them I say, "get over it!" Whether they like it or not, the holiday is a
celebration of the birth of Christ. They can try all they want to take Him
out of it but it doesn't change the fact and I'm going to use the word
Christmas. I hope they don't think that I mean to be any more insulting by
that than they intend to be when they say "Happy Holidays!"

FWIW!
Steve R.

Stuart & Kathryn Fields January 4th 08 03:57 AM

test

Kevin: An Army Capt called it for me the Happy Holiday insisters are "Pole
Vaulting over mouse turds". I recently reviewed the Constitution of the US
and found that our Congress has usurped a bunch of power not specifically
granted via the Constitution and I don't hear as much about that as I do
about the Merry Christmas vs Happy Holidays. It seems like the protection
we had provided by the Constitution has been and continues to be eroded at a
frightening pace and people are worried about Merry Christmas!!!
I'm reminded of some guys at a fly-in that owned some helicopters whose tail
rotors turn the wrong direction. When I posed the question, I got funny
looks and the conversation swung to the material used in the upholstery!! I
guess we are only willing to face problems we can handle easily.
BTW the Wasp two seat turbine powered ship is nearing flight stage (I'm
promised a chance to fly the bugger) should be in the air by Sun'n Fun.
Also there is a C18 engined Exec undergoing flight testing in Ok that I'm
following. I saw it hover and saw the installation. I could be talked into
switching.
BTWsquared. We should have an excellent article on helicopter strakes in
our March issue written by a guy who was instrumental in developing the
strakes.
BTW cubed I may be in your area some time this month doing a blade checkout
on a Safari ship.
I would have sent this direct to you but it seems that there are only a
couple of us using this NG.
Stu

Stu
"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 10:40:15 -0800, "Stuart & Kathryn Fields"
wrote:

Hey OTHER Kevin are you still out there? How about some postings on your
experiences as a CFI? We need to keep this NG alive and you can write you
know. (Aside the use of Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays
constitutes political incorrectness in some circles where the people do
not
have an interesting life and need instead to correct others)

If I'd ever get around to earning my CFI, I could, but I haven't so I
can't. :) I *AM* working on the wife so I can buy a Helicycle, but
even if I get in the build queue for the next production run, it won't
be until September '08 that I get the 1st of the parts.

The entire "Happy Holidays" thing ****es me off. I find it offensive
that a small minority of crybabies can make the majority change their
way so as not to offend.

I have a very good friend who's as Jewish as they come. I tell her
Merry Christmas and she tells me Happy Hannukah (or however you spell
it) and we chuckle a bit.

Funny how those same people don't bitch when EASTER VACATION comes
along.....

Stuart & Kathryn Fields January 4th 08 07:15 PM

test

Kevin: Try www.helowerks.com for the Wasp. The designer/builder Tony Pena
used to work for the Ultrasport folks. He pranged the first model by
inadvertently shutting off the fuel at the worst time. His new bird is much
lighter and has had the skid gear analyzed for crash response by NASA. (He
broke his back in the first one due to composite landing gear that failed
miserably). Needless to say version two is orders of magnitude safer.
We could use you as a subscriber. I'll have a couple of current magazines
with me when I come down your way. The bird I will be working on is in
Fallbrook.
Stu
"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 18:57:07 -0800, "Stuart & Kathryn Fields"
wrote:

Kevin: An Army Capt called it for me the Happy Holiday insisters are
"Pole
Vaulting over mouse turds". I recently reviewed the Constitution of the
US
and found that our Congress has usurped a bunch of power not specifically
granted via the Constitution and I don't hear as much about that as I do
about the Merry Christmas vs Happy Holidays. It seems like the protection
we had provided by the Constitution has been and continues to be eroded at
frightening pace and people are worried about Merry Christmas!!!

Yep. My wife hates the fact that I talkback to the TV when I see/hear
stupid s**t like that. She hates when I get into "discussions" about
it with others who think that ignoring it all and hoping it goes away
is a good thing.

I'm reminded of some guys at a fly-in that owned some helicopters whose
tail
rotors turn the wrong direction. When I posed the question, I got funny
looks and the conversation swung to the material used in the upholstery!!
guess we are only willing to face problems we can handle easily.

hehe, we run into that crap at work all the time. Yesterday, we're in
a staff meeting discussing a current project and how the owner's son
has been dropping the ball on his part for weeks and all of a sudden,
we're talking about puppies. WTF???

BTW the Wasp two seat turbine powered ship is nearing flight stage (I'm
promised a chance to fly the bugger) should be in the air by Sun'n Fun.
Also there is a C18 engined Exec undergoing flight testing in Ok that I'm
following. I saw it hover and saw the installation. I could be talked
into
switching.

I don't fit in an Exec. I'm too long in the torso and my head hits
the ceiling. Also, the seating KILLS my back.. Something "odd" about
the seating position in that thing. Haven't heard of a 2 place Wasp..
Got a link?

BTWsquared. We should have an excellent article on helicopter strakes in
our March issue written by a guy who was instrumental in developing the
strakes

I should really subscribe.. I keep popping on to the web site to
check out the online stuff and find it pretty interesting.
.
BTW cubed I may be in your area some time this month doing a blade
checkout
on a Safari ship.

Cool. Let me know where/when.. I'd love to buy you a beer and check
out the Safari.

I would have sent this direct to you but it seems that there are only a
couple of us using this NG.

Yep. The web forums are slowly killing usenet...

Stuart & Kathryn Fields January 7th 08 12:00 AM

test

Fallbrook schedule TBD. I'm having a little trouble finding all the parts
and pieces I need. Ship not at airport but a private helipad. I don't have
the coordinates yet.
Stu
"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 10:15:41 -0800, "Stuart & Kathryn Fields"
wrote:

Kevin: Try www.helowerks.com for the Wasp. The designer/builder Tony
Pena
used to work for the Ultrasport folks. He pranged the first model by
inadvertently shutting off the fuel at the worst time. His new bird is
much
lighter and has had the skid gear analyzed for crash response by NASA. (He
broke his back in the first one due to composite landing gear that failed
miserably). Needless to say version two is orders of magnitude safer.
We could use you as a subscriber. I'll have a couple of current magazines
with me when I come down your way. The bird I will be working on is in
Fallbrook.

Cool, I'll check it out. Fallbrook is about a 30 min drive from me.
Is the ship at the airport? If so, I'll just fly up. :)

When are ya due in Fallbrook?

Steve R.[_2_] January 7th 08 02:29 AM

test

:-D

For such a quiet/dead NG, it's amazing how much conversation one little test
post has generated!

Have a great New Year folks!
Steve R.

Stuart & Kathryn Fields January 7th 08 05:56 PM

test

I'll ask next comm with the new helo owner.

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 15:00:44 -0800, "Stuart & Kathryn Fields"
wrote:

Fallbrook schedule TBD. I'm having a little trouble finding all the parts
and pieces I need. Ship not at airport but a private helipad. I don't
have
the coordinates yet.
Stu

Think the owner would mind me dropping in with an R22 or a 300?

Simon January 12th 08 05:43 AM

test

I would have sent this direct to you but it seems that there are only a
couple of us using this NG.

Yes... but there are thousands of use that don't fly choppers (or post
here) that do read it! It's a shame, I used to love reading this
group.....

--
Simon
Posted at www.flight.org