-   -   Bush Flew Fighter Jets During Vietnam (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=9683)

WalterM140 July 11th 04 07:59 PM

If I got wounded twice and got two Purple Hearts and a Silver Star I would do
the same thing. Anyone with a brain in their head would do the same thing.

What did you get a Silver Star for, Art?

Walt

D. Strang July 11th 04 08:05 PM

"WalterM140" wrote
He opts out of
the war on his second wound,

As I recall, Chris was wounded three times, and so was the one black soldier
who stabbed himself in the thigh after the big attack.

It's a minor distinction, you could be right, the point is more about opting out,
rather than the number of wounds. I believe the black soldier was more interested
in getting a blow job from the white nurses than anything else in life.

B2431 July 11th 04 08:09 PM

From: (WalterM140)
Date: 7/11/2004 8:04 AM Central Daylight Time
Note also that your notion of what OCS involved isn't even close.

I garduated from Marine Corps OCS in 1981.

Walt

They didn't teach you to spell? Did they teach you the difference between the
branch's missions? If memory serves USMC OCS includes infantry training. Are
you suggestion Bush should have had that training too? How about the Navy
commissioning programs, should they have infantry training too?

Do you think doctors and clergy need the same level of training before being
commisioned?

We had a Rabbi here at Eglin that was wearing his uniform and ministering to us
before he did his 2 week orientation because of Passover. Are you goung to tell
us he "avoided OCS?"

Don't let your neo-left bitterness blind you so much.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

ArtKramr July 11th 04 08:10 PM

Subject: Bush Flew Fighter Jets During Vietnam
From: (WalterM140)
Date: 7/11/2004 11:59 AM Pacific Standard Time
If I got wounded twice and got two Purple Hearts and a Silver Star I would

do
the same thing. Anyone with a brain in their head would do the same thing.

What did you get a Silver Star for, Art?

Walt

I said "IF".

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

B2431 July 11th 04 08:14 PM

rom: (ArtKramr)

And he was a "C: student through school. Not exactly the most coloful crayon
in
the box.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS

Art, I was a C student in school for exactly the same reason: I am dyslexic. I
don't know what Bush's IQ is, but mine is 142. Are you going to tell me I'm
stupid?

Don't let your neo-left bitterness get in the way.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Steven P. McNicoll July 11th 04 08:24 PM

"Ian MacLure" wrote in message

Seems I had the development history confabulated with the
operational versions. Couldn't find the reference that talked
the development issues which (IIRC) included area ruling to
deal with unexpectedly high drag

The YF-102 did not incorporate the area rule. The YF-102A and later
versions did.

B2431 July 11th 04 08:24 PM

From: (ArtKramr)

Kerry went to war. Bush didn't. Nothing off key about that.

Arthur Kramer

Neither did Carter, Reagan or Clinton. Howeve Carter and Reagan DID serve in
the military without going into combat.

If going into actual combat is all that makes a man respectable then it's safe
to assume you don't respect your ground crew and all the men who put you in a
servicable airplane. Someone had to be cooks, clerical staff, truck
drivers..etc.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

B2431 July 11th 04 08:32 PM

From: (ArtKramr)
Date: 7/11/2004 12:24 PM Central Daylight Time
From:
(WalterM140)
Date: 7/11/2004 6:26 AM Pacific Standard Time
Kerry went to war. Bush didn't

Orwell rules here, Art. The hero is attacked and the shirker applauded.

Walt

Yup. It's the neocon way

Arthur Kramer

You neo-lefties are amazing. Are you suggesting no one who didn't see combat is
qualified for the presidency? That would mean Hoover, FDR, Carter, Reagan and
Clinton as well as several others were not qualified.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Steve Mellenthin July 11th 04 08:33 PM

If I got wounded twice and got two Purple Hearts and a Silver Star I would
do
the same thing. Anyone with a brain in their head would do the same thing.

We apparently had a lot of brainless people in Vietnam then. Ditto in WWII?

The more missions you fly, the more times you get wounded the slimmer the
chances of survival are. But you know that, don't you?

Arthur Kramer

Guess it is all a matter of how committed you are and how important you think
the job is you have been assigned to do

In the military we call it service above self.
I get the feeling somehow that our friend JFkerry wasn't as committed to
service as he was to self. Sorta seems as if he couldn't wait to get back to
the States to campaign and help out his little friend Janie.

Ian MacLure July 11th 04 08:45 PM

(WalterM140) wrote in
:

Whence he graduated in circa 1970.
And the draft ended when exactly? Hmmm?

Edwards in 51 YO. That would put him in the 1971 HS class. The draft
ended in 1972.

So explain how he graduated from a 4 yr college in 1974.
Did he have a time machine?

IBM

The Worlds Uncensored News Source