-   Rotorcraft (http://www.aviationbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   rotorcraft of course (http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?t=96361)

Stu Fields June 2nd 09 03:57 PM

rotorcraft of course

Anyone out there?

Tim[_8_] June 2nd 09 08:15 PM

rotorcraft of course

"Stu Fields" wrote in message
Anyone out there?

Yep. But not much shake'n.

I hear the West Port, Oklahoma fly-inn has been scheduled for the fall this
year.

Stu Fields June 2nd 09 09:03 PM

rotorcraft of course

"Tim" wrote in message

"Stu Fields" wrote in message
Anyone out there?

Yep. But not much shake'n.

I hear the West Port, Oklahoma fly-inn has been scheduled for the fall
this year.

You betcha. It is the only one in the mid-west that we are covering for the
magazine this year.
We will be presenting a forum at the Golden West show addressing the things
we learned about anodizing and aluminum structures.
The Utah Fly-In is still on our list, but we have cancelled our appearance
at the Freedom Fly-In at Mirage Dry Lake. The @#$% BLM has fenced in the
lake and is charging $15/ car for us to use public land. We are boycotting
their (Public land BS) facility.

Bad News, A Safari helicopter crashed near Phoenix with two on board. Fatal
for both. This helicopter and crew graced the cover of our magazine in Sept
2008. Details and probable cause TBD.

Ash Wyllie June 3rd 09 12:19 PM

rotorcraft of course

Stu Fields opined

Anyone out there?

no

-ash
Cthulhu in 2008!
Vote the greater evil.

Tim[_8_] June 3rd 09 04:10 PM

rotorcraft of course

"Stu Fields" wrote in message

"Tim" wrote in message

"Stu Fields" wrote in message
Anyone out there?

Yep. But not much shake'n.

I hear the West Port, Oklahoma fly-inn has been scheduled for the fall
this year.

You betcha. It is the only one in the mid-west that we are covering for
the magazine this year.
We will be presenting a forum at the Golden West show addressing the
things we learned about anodizing and aluminum structures.
The Utah Fly-In is still on our list, but we have cancelled our appearance
at the Freedom Fly-In at Mirage Dry Lake. The @#$% BLM has fenced in the
lake and is charging $15/ car for us to use public land. We are
boycotting their (Public land BS) facility.

Bad News, A Safari helicopter crashed near Phoenix with two on board.
Fatal for both. This helicopter and crew graced the cover of our magazine
in Sept 2008. Details and probable cause TBD.

Sorry to hear about the Safari, that's a bit personal for you. Any idea what
went wrong?

Stu Fields June 3rd 09 04:21 PM

rotorcraft of course

"Tim" wrote in message

"Stu Fields" wrote in message

"Tim" wrote in message

"Stu Fields" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah we knew both people involved and had attended several airshows where
they showed their ship.
The cause is TBD. I'm sure that the FAA and NTSB will look into it to a
certain level.

Stu

Stu Fields June 4th 09 07:21 PM

rotorcraft of course

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 08:21:31 -0700, "Stu Fields" wrote:

Yeah we knew both people involved and had attended several airshows where
they showed their ship.
The cause is TBD. I'm sure that the FAA and NTSB will look into it to a
certain level.

I'd been meaning to ask you about that Stu. That was the Baby Belle
right? Tragic.

Hello Kevin: That was the white Safari out of Phoenix with both Mike and
Donna on board. Both of them were employees of the Phoenix police
department and based on communication received from their co-workers were
well liked. They will certainly be missed by us here at the magazine as
well. We had shared time with them at several fly-ins.

Stu

Linc June 23rd 09 10:06 AM

rotorcraft of course

On Jun 2, 10:57*am, "Stu Fields" wrote: