Easy and affordable IGC logger by Senna Van den Bosch
Since my FLARM doesn't have an SD card slot, I'm looking for an easy to use IGC logger. Right now, I can get the EW IGC-logger microRecorder for € 295, which has built in GPS, antenna, SD card and USB cable in the box. An LX Nano (regular nano, no display) is also an option, which is € 399,...
by Senna Van den Bosch Go to last post
25 94 Soaring
Update to Annex B to IGC Sporting Code (SC3B) by Ian Strachan[_3_]
Annex B deals with Equipment Used in the Validation of Flight Performances, and with permission of the IGC Bureau has just been published on the FAI/IGC and GFAC web pages with Amendment 11. See: www.fai.org/igc-documents and www.ukiws.demon.co.uk/GFAC One factor in publishing now is that the...
Today 11:18 AM
by Ian Strachan[_3_] Go to last post
0 9 Soaring
Wanting to start a new glider club by John Foster
Hi everyone I just started glider flying lessons and I'M HOOKED!!! Unfortunately, the closest glider club is 3:45 hr drive away. I also live in an area that looks to me to be perfect for ridge soaring, with a range of mountains facing the west that runs for at least 85 miles, and possibly...
by Paul T[_4_] Go to last post
20 70 Soaring
Phoebus A as a first glider by John Foster
What are your thoughts regarding the Phoebus A as a first glider for a low-time pilot who received their training in a 2-33? I have the opportunity to acquire a Phoebus for a very good price from the club that I'm training with, but it has not flown in over 15yrs. No one knows of any obvious...
Tapered pins (again) by [email protected]
Helped the new owner beat his 27 together, last Sunday.............he looked shocked when I suggested he "taper" at least one pin. Nothing too severe, just 15 degrees and only on the part that extends out the back side of both spars. Found a 40mm pin in the barn from K-21 and it has 5 degree taper...
Mounting tires on 3" solid tailwheels by [email protected]
I'm one of the club fixit guys, and I got a little obsessed with the task of mounting a tire on a Tost 3" dia. solid tailwheel. I tried all the good advice offered on this and other forums with zero success. Most likely I lack superhuman hand strength and three extra arms. Success took the form...
Used parachute wanted by Valentin Mayamsin
Hi! I'm buying my first glider and it doesn't come with parachute. I'm looking to buy a used parachute no older than 15 years. North California.
Today 04:48 AM
by Darryl Ramm Go to last post
2 18 Soaring
Pee receptacle by Poppy Puppy
Some years ago a friend had a pee receptacle that, when stored, looked like a 35mm film container (remember those?), but contained a bladder that held about a litre of fluid. Does anyone know of the product its name, and who stocks them?
Today 03:28 AM
by Poppy Puppy Go to last post
0 11 Soaring
Task creation in flywithce by [email protected]
Hi all, I just purchased the FlywithCE Flight Recorder and downloaded the Logbook software. I'm trying to create tasks but I am unable to select or create any type of task. The task box says 'Unknown' and I can't change it to say a triangle or O&R. Haven't found any helpful information in the...
Electric-Powered Pylon Racing Planned by Larry Dighera
https://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/Electric-Powered-Pylon-Racing-Planned-230723-1.html Electric-Powered Pylon Racing Planned By Mary Grady , Contributing editor | April 24, 2018 The first pylon race to feature all-electric aircraft is in the works for 2020, the organizers recently announced....
Yesterday 11:53 PM
by Larry Dighera Go to last post
0 12 Piloting