Best Overall Motorglider available today? by Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Didn't want to hijack the current FES tread so I thought I'd start a new one. This topic came up over dinner a couple of weeks ago. When you add all the following into a pot and stir, whats the "Best" Say for Western Great Basin flying. I think it may be the Carat, but I don't know much about...
Oudie 2 wanted by Moises Romero
Looking for used but well cared for Oudie 2 with cradle and cables. Located in Utah. Thanks!.
Today 12:18 AM
by Moises Romero Go to last post
0 8 Soaring
1970s glider operation Henderson NV by Jim S
I know there are many longtime glider pilots here, so maybe additional information is out there on this. I have a tow plane and glider that I fly on weekends and the inspiration originally started with a glider ride for me, a 7 year old kid back in the 70s. The airfield was in Henderson Nevada...
Yesterday 10:46 PM
by Brad Alston[_2_] Go to last post
1 19 Soaring
Dust cover choices by [email protected]
I am looking for dust covers. My 15 m glider spends all of its off-duty hours in my hangar, but since this is New Mexico (i.e., a desert) it collects dust and I would like to keep it covered, especially over the winter when I do not fly as much. Jaxida and Cloud Dancers offer dust covers, but the...
Yesterday 09:41 PM
by Bob Gibbons[_2_] Go to last post
5 55 Soaring
Yellow Gorilla Headed To California by [email protected]
It is a pleasure knowing that the Yellow Gorilla is headed to Byron, California tomorrow morning. My beloved Pawnee will be wheels up in the morning, best of luck to a great bunch of people . Bob
ACK E-01 ELT for sale. by Mike N.
I have an ACK E-01 ELT for sale in good condition. 121.5 and 249.0 Mhz Includes remote for panel. Includes mounting tray, which is a bit bent on removal. Includes remote antenna and mount. Battery replacement date is 2014 (overdue) Pulled from my glider and in very good condition except the...
Yesterday 08:03 PM
by Mike N. Go to last post
1 19 Soaring
Another E glider concept by Jonathan St. Cloud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIYU2zkGQFQ
by kinsell Go to last post
63 438 Soaring
Rolls-Royce Completes Electric Aircraft 500-HP powertrain Propulsion Tech Ground Testing by Larry Dighera
https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/rolls-royce-completes-electric-aircraft-propulsion-tech-ground-testing Rolls-Royce Completes Electric Aircraft Propulsion Tech Ground Testing Kate O'Connor September 24, 20203 Image: Rolls-Royce Rolls-Royce announced on Thursday that it has completed ground...
Yesterday 04:02 PM
by Larry Dighera Go to last post
0 16 Piloting
SSA Sailplane Tracker by AS
Is there a trick for making the life tracker on the SSA website work? I tried to follow the Perry contest but was only able to get it to work on my iPhone but not on my laptop. Only got a blank screen there. I am using Chrome as a browser and Windoze 7 Professional. Uli
by John Godfrey (QT)[_2_] Go to last post
27 641 Soaring
Biden: Two hundred MILLION people have died... by 2G
....and EVERY SINGLE ONE is Trump's fault. Well, at least we have solved global warming. https://nypost.com/2020/09/21/biden-mistakenly-says-millions-have-died-from-covid-19-in-us/ And, NO, this is NOT Biden's first mistake involving numbers, as I have posted in the past.
Yesterday 07:56 AM
by Chris Wedgwood[_2_] Go to last post
7 70 Soaring
LS4 Ballast Dump Valve Seats by Hypo Thebai
Hi; We need to replace the dump valve seat in an LS4. This is the seat that forms the seal. The originals seem to have been made by Georg Fischer (+GF+) for a valve they no longer make. I believe that the +GF+ part number was 161 483 260. From my present understanding +GF+ cannot supply this...
Yesterday 05:13 AM
by Hypo Thebai Go to last post
0 19 Soaring
LS6 (a, b) NEO by [email protected]
Hello, here is a post of my friend Benjamin from the German gliding forum: "Hello, everybody, about three years ago a friend and I had the chance to develop new ("neo") 15m winglets for the LS8 in cooperation with DG Flugzeugbau. The flight experience with the winglets is quite positive. Now...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Yesterday 04:17 AM
by Eric Greenwell[_4_] Go to last post