15 Hour Wonders by Bob Youngblood
The FAA has made it possible for glider plots with very limited time to acquire a CFIG rating with only 15 hours of total glider time. This is truly an accident waiting to happen, what could a glider pilot actually know with such limited time? What do you think?
by Richard Wilkening Go to last post
10 34 Soaring
Gliding risk.... by [email protected]
For those who haven’t seen it.... https://chessintheair.com/the-risk-of-dying-doing-what-we-love/
by 2G Go to last post
126 951 Soaring
Looking for pictures of motorglider failures by Dave Nadler
I've been persuaded to give an OSTIV talk about motorglider safety issues, in particular propulsion system failures. I'm going to discuss common failures, the systemic reasons this stuff has happened and WILL CONTINUE to happen, and some ideas for systemic improvements. I'm looking for pictures...
by 2G Go to last post
26 71 Soaring
Filling small holes in panel? by soaringjac
Any recommendations on what to use to fill small holes in an aluminum panel?
by Gary Wayland Go to last post
18 47 Soaring
Diana 2 FES by Jerry Zieba
Diana 2 FES flies in the USA. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=hQk04eG6K5c Video and music by Curt Lewis "95" Jerry Zieba "ZJ"
Today 01:05 AM
by Duster[_2_] Go to last post
2 22 Soaring
LS3a oxygen cylinder specification by ian
I am trying to get my oxygen cylinder inspected for refilling. It is due for a hydro test and inspection. However there has been a shake up of cylinder inspections in the local dive industry and as a result the inspector is checking all the paperwork very thoroughly. Unfortunately he cannot...
by John Foster Go to last post
17 98 Soaring
Cobra Trailer Fenders by Patrick McMahon
Hey all, I trailered a (new to me and a partner) glider from Ontario to Alberta last week and through the trip blew out both trailer tires on the late-80's aluminum Cobra trailer and destroyed the fenders on the trailer through the event. The first blowout (1:15am east of Madison, Wisconsin)...