The Yellow Triangle by Nicholas Kennedy
On many German gliders on the ASI is a yellow triangle. This Yelloe Triangle on my ASw 20 and my LS3a is the factory recommended approach airspeed. This speed is 49 knots. This has bothered me for a long time now, I think the factory did alot of pilots a disservice by putting this, to me anyway,...
by Jonathan St. Cloud Go to last post
38 140 Soaring
Running XCSOAR on an ereader by john firth
I would like advice on tablets such as KOBO mini which will run XCSOAR; my Kobo Usb port has died. stay safe. John Firth
Today 12:59 AM
by Tom BravoMike Go to last post
5 9 Soaring
Another way to replacing instrument panels by ben soaring
Why bother chasing a new instrument panel? They are very expensive, hard to get, and a blank "factory" panel is difficult to cut properly and get "spot on". This alternative method works great and actually offers "easier to service" benefits. The concept is to cut a new panel from redi-available...
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
12 24 Soaring
Testing for Attachments by Dan Marotta
Well, It worked for me! Dan 5J On 2/24/21 12:00 PM, Dan Marotta wrote: Since I use the Thunderbird email client to read RAS and I just discovered that I can attach a file to a message, I thought I'd do a test run.* Anybody out there see the picture?
Today 12:48 AM
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
7 7 Soaring
$1 billion BMS Ooops... by Dave Nadler
https://insideevs.com/news/490300/hyundai-announces-massive-battery-reacall-82000-bevs/ Discus amongst yourselves...
Today 12:13 AM
by Dave Nadler Go to last post
2 3 Soaring
Chicagoland Glider Council Seminar Feb 27th 2021 by John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
Every two years the ChicagoLand Glider Council hosts an all-day virtual seminar. This year the seminar will be held on Saturday, February 27th, 2021 starting at 8:30AM CT and going to 4:45PM CT with breaks in between speakers. WINGS credit is available. Pre-registration is not required. The...
Yesterday 10:40 PM
by kinsell Go to last post
5 73 Soaring
Testing for Attachments by BobW
On 2/24/2021 12:00 PM, Dan Marotta wrote: Since I use the Thunderbird email client to read RAS and I just discovered that I can attach a file to a message, I thought I'd do a test run. Anybody out there see the picture? Worked for me - using T-bird. Dern! Learn sumthin' new most every...
Yesterday 09:04 PM
by BobW Go to last post
0 1 Soaring
Airports that have oxygen by Doug Levy
Last year while motor gliding the western states I had trouble finding airports that can fill my oxygen bottle. I did get fills at Ely, Minden, and Inyokern. Do you know of places that can help out a visiting pilot?
by Darryl Ramm Go to last post
25 34 Soaring
What have we learned from all this? by Bob Youngblood
Interesting situation that we are all faced with the last few weeks, things are more serious than we ever expected. I was having a great discussion last evening with my family member who is an Infectious Disease MD, the discussion was eye opening! This is a game changer, and China has much to blame...
by Paul B[_2_] Go to last post
218 3,595 Soaring