Best vario for airmass awareness across the speed range by Jim Hogue
Any suggestions? Either currently available or coming in the near future (next year or so) would be ok, I am not in a rush. Prefer it would fit in one 57mm hole. I take care of navigation and tasks with other standalone devices (full on OpenVario with its own vario/STF sensor board, and a Kobo...
Today 02:39 AM
by [email protected][_1_] Go to last post
7 17 Soaring
Becker by Bob Youngblood
I made the trip from Vero to Margate today to have my transponder repaired. You always have choices to make about what kind of avionics to buy. Well, I will never buy anything other than Becker. I was greeted at the door by Alejandro and my unit was immediately taken into the test facility for...
Today 12:25 AM
by Bob Youngblood Go to last post
0 5 Soaring
first flight AS33 by [email protected]
https://www.alexander-schleicher.de/die-as-33-fliegt/
Astir CS ballast weight by soaringjac
Does anyone have a photo they can post showing how the ballast weights get installed in the nose of the Astir CS? I just see two holes up there but not exactly sure what’s needed to install weights and how it should be setup
Yesterday 09:44 PM
by soaringjac Go to last post
7 24 Soaring
Sailplane pilot who wandered across the Iron Curtain in the 1960's. by [email protected]
I didn't get to watch much TV as a kid, my dad made me sit in my room and read books with a dictionary and Thesaurus, hence my magnificant SAT verbal score, but I digress. I find Youtube to be quite entertaining, moreso than much of current crop of garbage on TV and in watching some old shows I...
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
13 72 Soaring
best canabis by john firth
Evidently Dick Johnson's dictum " get high and stay high" is more wide known than I might have guessed!. JMF
Yesterday 08:05 PM
by john firth Go to last post
0 9 Soaring
Affordable Oxygen by John Foster
I was given an older MH EDS unit to install in my Phoebus glider which I got for a song and am restoring. The glider has a bracket for the oxygen tank, but no tank is installed. The bottom is a rounded fiberglass cup, and there is a flip bracket to go around the neck. It sits behind the seat pan...
by Nick Kennedy[_3_] Go to last post
13 41 Soaring
Cambridge 302 question by [email protected]
Hello Guys. I am restoring another 1-26 and have a spare older 302 I would like to use. Have any of you used that vario without the external TE probe, setting it to the internal compensation mode? The manual for it does’nt recommend it but I would like to save the bother and drag associated with...
How to discover best cannabis strains by [email protected]
Medical Cannabis buy and sell' TEXT: (..+16197860443...... High Grade Medical Marijuana Sativa and Indica strains, Hash, (RSO), BHO, HEMP OILS, THC OILS, Cannabis Oil and Edibles FOR SALE. website Weedsmj.com High Grade Medical Marijuana Sativa and Indica strains, Hash, (RSO), BHO, HEMP...
safer contests by John Cochrane[_3_]
The Belgian National Aeroclub have put together an impressive list of recent low-energy final glide and finish accidents, presented to the IGC. This is useful for the endless US discussion on the question, should we go back to low finishes here....
Yesterday 05:37 PM
by John Cochrane[_3_] Go to last post
0 12 Soaring
for sale by [email protected]
1. 1 set of gear doors for a V2C (new) 2 1 weighted tail wheel with tire and tube 803-374-7400
Schleicher cockpit by [email protected]
It's snowing and for entertainment sake I thought I'd throw this question out there. One of the selling points of the -24 and later Schleicher gliders is the "crashworthiness" of the fuselage. Waibel won the Ostiv, we've all seen pictures of the test rig dropping a fuselage after a simulated...
Superb Stemme S-10VT for Sale by [email protected]
All the desirable options (even rare Cabin Heat), superbly maintained with only 58 hours on the engine, drivetrain and prop. Formerly owned by Mike Abernathy and used to film the award-winning documentary, Cloudstreet: Soaring the American West. Flat and fast, great gelcoat, no issues. Talk to...
Superb Stemme S-10VT For Sale by [email protected]
All the desirable options (even rare Cabin Heat), superbly maintained with only 58 hours on the engine, drivetrain and prop. Formerly owned by Mike Abernathy and used to film the award-winning documentary, Cloudstreet: Soaring the American West. Flat and fast, great gelcoat, no issues. Talk to...
Top Hat or XC Soar and new Samsung Galaxy Devices by [email protected]
Hello, Does anyone have experience running XC Soar or Tophat Soaring on the newer Samsung Devices? The note 10 and S10 are reported to have brightness levels over 1000 nits. I’m guessing the previous 8 and 9 generations may also be pretty close for a lot less$ Cannot find much information out...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Yesterday 08:19 AM
by Patrick (LS6-b EH) Go to last post
12 73 Soaring
Trying to reach Glider Pilot April Johnson in Alabama by Paul Remde
Hi, A customer named April Johnson from Warrior, Alabama has ordered a few items from me recently, but the phone number she provided doesn't work and she hasn't replied to any emails. The orders seem legitimate. They are for soaring specific items - such as an ILEC SN10 USB Adapter. I'm...
Yesterday 06:36 AM
by Paul Remde Go to last post