Search: Posts made by: Ash Wyllie
Forum: Piloting December 9th 10, 11:31 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ash Wyllie
I will be leaving usenet

Mark. opined

Three months ago I accepted a job in a solar energy firm and will be
overseeing roof installs.

I'm very excited about this opportunity which will enable me to apply
a breakthrough...
Forum: Piloting October 31st 10, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Ash Wyllie
FAA petition to eliminate Class 3 medical for Private Pilots

opined

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 23:22:18 +0000, Scott
wrote:

Again? This comes up every year (or even more often). I believe the
FAA basically...
Forum: General Aviation October 31st 10, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

wrote:

Again? This comes up every year (or even more often). I believe the
FAA basically...
Forum: Piloting October 25th 10, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ash Wyllie
Want a Comanche? Just $875,000.00

Jay Honeck opined

WTF?

http://www.controller.com/listingsdetail/aircraft-for-sale/PIPER-COMANCHE-250
/1961-PIPER-COMANCHE-250/1172689.htm

Presumably they actually put the decimal point in the...
Forum: Piloting October 17th 10, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ash Wyllie
Why are turbos rare?

Mxsmanic opined

Why do turbocharged piston props seem to be so rare/unfavored? Don't they
provide a substantial advantage over normally aspirated engines?

They also add substantial costs.

Forum: Piloting October 2nd 10, 10:30 PM Posted to misc.writing,alt.religion.kibology,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ash Wyllie
I will be leaving usenet

Mark opined

Three days ago I accepted a partnership in
a solar energy firm and will be overseeing sales
and financing. I'm very excited about this opportunity
which will enable me to apply a...
Forum: Piloting September 27th 10, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ash Wyllie
How high can you fly?

Ooops again.

For Vs = 25m/s and Mmo = .6 the critical altitude is 83,000'.

I've got to remember when I've changed the spreadsheet.

Hope I got it right this time ;).

-ash
Forum: Piloting September 27th 10, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ash Wyllie
How high can you fly?

Orval Fairbairn opined

In article ,
"Ash Wyllie" wrote:

Ari Silverstein opined

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 06:10:02 -0700 (PDT), Mark wrote:
Forum: Piloting September 27th 10, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ash Wyllie
How high can you fly?

Ari Silverstein opined

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 06:10:02 -0700 (PDT), Mark wrote:

On Sep 19, 7:24*pm, "Ash Wyllie" wrote:

How high can you fly? 95,000ft?
This will soon be...
Forum: Piloting September 20th 10, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ash Wyllie
How high can you fly?

Mark opined

Ok, it's the year 2016. You are in a little Cessna 150.
You're plane isn't pressurized because it will implode,
so you're wearing a pressurized body suit. You have
an oxygen mask....
Forum: Piloting October 5th 09, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ash Wyllie
NW_Pilot

D Ramapriya opined

On Oct 5, 2:19*pm, NW_Pilot wrote:
I am still here... alive and well!!!

I trust security forces are in place to hold back the...
Forum: Piloting July 20th 09, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ash Wyllie
Dreamliner flies!

GrtArtiste opined

On Jul 18, 5:24*pm, José Jiménez [email protected] wrote:
Finally, the Dreamliner has taken off for its maiden
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules July 18th 09, 06:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Ash Wyllie
Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video

Sam Spade opined

BeechSundowner wrote:
On Jul 17, 11:39 am, Mark Hansen wrote:

Come on Allen. Are you saying that you cannot land if you don't have
the...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules June 11th 09, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Ash Wyllie
AT&T Usenet Netnews Service Shutting Down

Sam Spade opined

wrote:
Please note that on or around July 15, 2009, AT&T will no longer be
offering access to the Usenet netnews service. If you wish to...
Forum: Rotorcraft June 3rd 09, 12:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Ash Wyllie
rotorcraft of course

Stu Fields opined

Anyone out there?

no

-ash
Cthulhu in 2008!
Forum: Piloting January 20th 09, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ash Wyllie
Why does one need to LEAN OUT a CARB when climbing?

Tman opined

Somebody posed that seemingly simple question to me, but kept coming
back to the point that they stumped me.... And I am stumped. What do
you see wrong with the logic in this...
Forum: Piloting December 25th 08, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ash Wyllie
How to pilot a kamikaze plane???

Gene Stonerly opined

I`m a kamikaze pilot and I want to destroy my enemies with my bomb-
filled kamikaze plane.

What do I need to know???

A good answer for the first TSA agent that contacts you.
Forum: Piloting October 7th 08, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ash Wyllie
Refreshingly plain plane column

Darkwing opined

"Stella Starr" wrote in message
It's about being in a commercial airliner when they abort a landing. Had...
Forum: Piloting September 30th 08, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ash Wyllie
Jehovah's Witnesses

C J Campbell opined

On 2008-09-26 18:11:20 -0700, "Morgans" said:

wrote

JW's enjoy freedom of speech that the United States allows for...
Forum: Piloting August 27th 08, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ash Wyllie
Maintaining VFR altitudes when following N/S roads/rivers

Mxsmanic opined

If you are following a road or river or other feature on the ground while
flying VFR, and that feature runs north/south but often veers off to one side
or the other, are you...
Forum: Piloting July 11th 08, 12:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ash Wyllie
VOTE! Usenet Kook Awards, June 2008

george opined

On Jul 10, 12:41 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
The Black Goat With A Thousand Young wrote
innews:v6Lck.3014$7%[email protected]:

Forum: Piloting May 15th 08, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ash Wyllie
Flying into the NYC area

Jay Maynard opined

My plans have changed a bit...I may find myself flying into the NYC area
after picking up the Zodiac. I'll be coming up from the south (Charlotte or
so) the morning of June 4,...
Forum: Rotorcraft May 6th 08, 11:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Posted By Ash Wyllie
R-22 vs Mosquito

Stuart & Kathryn Fields opined

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 5 May 2008 14:48:38...
Forum: Piloting April 29th 08, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ash Wyllie
Things I Would Like To See

Orval Fairbairn opined

In article , Panglos
wrote:

I would like to see ATC require at least one controller in 5000 to have
a pilots license and...
Forum: Piloting April 27th 08, 02:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ash Wyllie
Going to New York City

paul.folbrecht opined

I will be flying to NYC in May and am looking for recommendations on
local airports to hit. Will be coming from the west (Wisconsin) in a
Cirrus and can go IFR or VFR. My...