Neo Winglets for LS6b and LS7 now available by [email protected]
Link to the German DG website: https://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/dg-flugzeugbau-news/dg-flugzeugbau-service/60268
Today 12:03 PM
by Veli-Matti Karppinen Go to last post
1 22 Soaring
Soaring already DOA for the season??? by Matt Herron Jr.
Airsailing in NV has closed down, and now Willliams in CA is closed. will contests be cancelled next? Does SSA have a position on this? Are there things we can do to mitigate exposure so we can fly? Inquiring pilots want to know...
by krasw Go to last post
119 212 Soaring
Are You Ashamed to Land Out? by [email protected]
Read the article regarding the diminishment of guys pursuing badges and a commonly held misconception that it takes greater than 30/1 to do xc, another thought came to mind. Namely, is there a stigma attached to landing out within the modern soaring community? Could this be a reason why guys are...
by CindyB[_2_] Go to last post
25 96 Soaring
Clubs Still Flying List by [email protected]
What clubs are still flying? I’d like to get a feel for what’s really happening out there in the “actual” not simulated soaring scene. Us at central alabama soaring are still in the air albit with limited and heavy precautionary activities. Just solo flying. I towed a few on friday and...
2020 Senior Soaring Championship by [email protected]
Practice Day First, I would like to say sorry for the delay of the practice day results. As any of my fellow contest managers can attest to, the first day of the contest is hectic. However, if you saw the smiles of the pilots returning from their flights, it was worth it. Trailers had been...
by Rich Owen[_2_] Go to last post
15 117 Soaring
Solo 2350D won't start by BillT
Our Duo's turbo has suddenly stopped working. It spins up ok at 55Kt when decompressed & continues windmilling when the decompression is released. The engine starts after 2 - 3 seconds, runs for 2 seconds then cuts out. After 1 - 2 seconds it starts again & the sequence is repeated. It's as if the...
Buying glider from an estate - maintenance logs not available by son_of_flubber
What do you do when the executor of an estate is willing but unable to provide the maintenance logs for a glider that you are trying to buy? Any other tips on buying a glider from an estate?
Instrumentation question by [email protected]
Thinking about glider projects other than flying... If I add 2 instruments to the tail: 1) a 3d accelerometer 2) strain gages on the shank of the te probe to measure horizontal and vertical deflection Then will the difference between these two be an indication of the left-right and up-down wind...