When to get a parachute? by John Foster
I will be starting glider flying lessons this year once the weather warms up sufficiently, and am wondering at what point I should consider getting a parachute. I also plan to get my own glider, hopefully sooner than later, but will obviously need to be a certified glider pilot before that...
Oct 2017 publication - Dynamic Soaring - Albatross - Full text by son_of_flubber
For your winter reading pleasure... http://rsif.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/14/135/20170496?ijkey=08c89f158d9ce14537b37cb4e47d098c4169ddbd&keytype2=tf_ipsecsha
Today 06:52 AM
by bumper[_4_] Go to last post
5 21 Soaring
1 Attachment(s) The World's Biggest Passenger Airplane Might Soon Be Dead - Airbus A380.jpg by Miloch
https://jalopnik.com/the-worlds-biggest-passenger-airplane-might-soon-be-dea-1822098940 The Airbus A380 weighs over 300 tons empty and, as of the year of our Lord 2018, is the world’s biggest passenger airliner still in production. Alas, all things must die and, as The New York Times reports, the...
Today 05:25 AM
by Miloch Go to last post
0 1 Aviation Photos
Want to trade... by Matt Herron Jr.
I have a 57mm Winter ASI (no markings) that I would like to trade or barter for an 80mm Winter ASI, Preferably with ASW27 markings. Matt
Today 04:59 AM
by Matt Herron Jr. Go to last post
0 1 Soaring
Anyone having trouble upgrading firmware in an LXNAV s80? by Matt Herron Jr.
I install the upgrade file on the SD card. I restart the S80. It asks me if I want to upgrade. I select upgrade. The unit shuts off and never reboots. I turn on the unit and the firmware is the same. Any advice welcome. thanks, Matt
Today 04:56 AM
by Matt Herron Jr. Go to last post
2 13 Soaring
Parachute Lumbar Bladder by Roy B.
Does anybody know a source for the inflatable lumbar bladder (with hose & pump bulb) that goes in some parachute packs - like the old Security 150s? ROY
by AS Go to last post
14 50 Soaring
Selling my One Man Rigger by Collin Shea
Hi all, I am putting my one-man rigger for sale, it came with the Libelle I purchased last October and I don't use it but it can do someone else good! Height adjustable and support stand pivots all the way around with durable tires to withstand grass when needed. I have attached photos in the link...
Today 02:31 AM
by Collin Shea Go to last post
0 13 Soaring
Nelson A-4 Flow Meters by [email protected]
Please tell me what kind of regulator should be used with the Nelson A-4 Flow Meter - constant flow system - ? And does anyone have one for sale ? Please advise - thanks in advance - Ralph Woodward
Yesterday 09:17 PM
by Richard Pfiffner[_2_] Go to last post
3 12 Soaring
Looping a standard cirrus by [email protected]
Who has done a loop in a standard cirrus? Any comments or hints. Currently getting some acro training with the goal of looping my cirrus.
by Miloch Go to last post
0 10 Aviation Photos
Yesterday 05:09 PM
by Miloch Go to last post