Search: Posts made by: Ramy[_2_]
Forum: Soaring October 15th 18, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ramy[_2_]
Garmin/InReach

On Monday, October 15, 2018 at 11:31:59 AM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
On Monday, October 15, 2018 at 10:04:47 AM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
I have the same issue.
Normally the issue is with the SSA...
Forum: Soaring October 15th 18, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ramy[_2_]
Garmin/InReach

On Monday, October 15, 2018 at 10:04:47 AM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
I have the same issue.
Normally the issue is with the SSA tracker, so first thing to check is if your trace is showing on the Garmin...
Forum: Soaring October 15th 18, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ramy[_2_]
Garmin/InReach

I have the same issue.
Normally the issue is with the SSA tracker, so first thing to check is if your trace is showing on the Garmin web side. If it is, then you need to contact Pedja the creator of...
Forum: Soaring October 12th 18, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ramy[_2_]
ADSB panel display

On Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 3:55:03 PM UTC-7, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 12:29:57 PM UTC-7, Tom BravoMike wrote:
Depending on where you fly (lots of power...
Forum: Soaring October 11th 18, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ramy[_2_]
ADSB panel display

You do realize that almost every glider flying around Minden has Flarm, so your highest risk in Minden area is glider midair. We not talking gaggles here, we talking about one of the most condensed...
Forum: Soaring October 9th 18, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ramy[_2_]
ADSB panel display

On Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 11:58:26 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 8:59:07 AM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
Since you fly in Nevada the best thing to do is install...
Forum: Soaring October 9th 18, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ramy[_2_]
ADSB panel display

Since you fly in Nevada the best thing to do is install powerflarm and connect to your LXNAV which will show you ADSB traffic as well. This is my setup and I see ADSB traffic all the time, in...
Forum: Soaring October 3rd 18, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ramy[_2_]
Cockpit video recording -- the time is now.

Roy, where the “less than 1%” powerflarm adoption came from? Are you in the US?
In my region (region 11) most gliders have powerflarm, in some areas the adoption is close to 90%. I am not...
Forum: Soaring October 2nd 18, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ramy[_2_]
Glider crash near Reno yesterday

We analyzed the Mt Rose webcam archive and have footage of derbies falling from the sky at the time of the accident. The camera did not capture the actual breakup which happened above the frame and...
Forum: Soaring October 1st 18, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ramy[_2_]
Glider crash near Reno yesterday

I believe many accidents are caused by technical issues, weather and turbulent. As well as pilot errors.
We can completely rule out weather and turbulent in this case.
Jammed stick is high...
Forum: Soaring September 27th 18, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ramy[_2_]
Glider crash near Reno yesterday

NTSB preliminary report:
https://app.ntsb.gov/pdfgenerator/ReportGeneratorFile.ashx?EventID=20180902X31909&AKey=1&RType=HTML&IType=FA

Ramy
Forum: Soaring September 9th 18, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ramy[_2_]
Glider Cockpit Safety

Ballistic chutes would save more lives then safety cockpit. Too bad that ballistic chutes are not built into every glider. There would be far less fatalities.

Ramy
Forum: Soaring September 7th 18, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ramy[_2_]
Glider crash near Reno yesterday

Thanks. This is consistent with other eye witnesses.

Ramy
Forum: Soaring September 5th 18, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ramy[_2_]
Too many accidents

On Wednesday, September 5, 2018 at 3:44:09 PM UTC-7, sisu1a wrote:
On Wednesday, September 5, 2018 at 3:30:06 PM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
On Wednesday, September 5, 2018 at 2:44:55 PM UTC-7, Andy...
Forum: Soaring September 5th 18, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ramy[_2_]
Too many accidents

On Wednesday, September 5, 2018 at 2:44:55 PM UTC-7, Andy Blackburn wrote:
This is a terrible topic to be sure so I hesitate to get analytical.

Sadly, this year is not yet out of the...
Forum: Soaring September 4th 18, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ramy[_2_]
Glider crash near Reno yesterday

On Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at 2:47:53 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Monday, September 3, 2018 at 12:01:25 PM UTC-7, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
In general, how does a...
Forum: Soaring September 4th 18, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ramy[_2_]
Glider crash near Reno yesterday

On Monday, September 3, 2018 at 5:14:34 PM UTC-7, Ron Gleason wrote:
On Monday, 3 September 2018 17:04:24 UTC-6, Steve Koerner wrote:
Checking sailplane tracker, there are no gliders indicated...
Forum: Soaring August 31st 18, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ramy[_2_]
Js3 jet catastrophic failure.

I personally helped retrieveing a JS1 which got seriously damaged in a landout following jet failure. I also know at least two more JS1 owners who landed out due to jet failures. In fact, I don’t...
Forum: Soaring August 28th 18, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ramy[_2_]
Rudder system failure

I think the answer is it depends. You can certainly fly in full slip with the rudder pedal fully pressed. But if the glider already entered a spin i doubt you can recover with aileron.
The landing...
Forum: Soaring August 18th 18, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ramy[_2_]
Ventus 3F - Fatal

The recent loss of control on base to final is by far the most telling evidence which the NTSB needs to look into. It’s not a coincidence.

Ramy
Forum: Soaring August 17th 18, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ramy[_2_]
Again!

Not all of us voted for this idiot.
Would be nice if he visited the fires instead, it would have not resulted in additional TFRs.

Ramy
Forum: Soaring August 16th 18, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ramy[_2_]
Perlan High Altitude Tow Plane

Typo aside, am I the only one somewhat disappointed to learn that the plan is to tow the Perlan to 50,000 feet, or I missread the article? I was kind of hoping the Perlan is capable of climbing to...
Forum: Soaring August 14th 18, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ramy[_2_]
What magic do the JS3 and Ventus 3 have that the ASG-29 Does not?

As Eric said.
Also the very long wait on these new gliders suggests that with few exceptions, most folks ordered them before they won any big contest based on the hope and expectation that they will...
Forum: Soaring August 7th 18, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ramy[_2_]
Stall spin during aero tow? Std cirrus

It goes without saying that one must communicate their desired tow speed with the tow pilot (especially when faster than normal) and request more speed during the tow if necessary
That said, it is...
Forum: Soaring August 6th 18, 06:10 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ramy[_2_]
Stall spin during aero tow? Std cirrus

I also experienced recently slow takeoffs in my fully ballasted 29 which felt very uncomfortable. The yaw string was all over the place often showing skidding. I am noticing it more in my 18m 29...