Wing root bearings hard to align/rotate to correct position. by [email protected]
The wing root bearings on my Ventus are difficult to align and require force to rotate to the right position of parallel to the face of the spar. Tried greasing, but suspect it needs a clean up first. What would you use to clean and free them ? Dan
Standalone artificial horizon by Richard Lancaster[_2_]
Hi all, I’m looking for a reliable, high quality, standalone artificial horizon that fits cleanly in a round hole (I’m not wanting a square barnacle that “fits” into a round hole). Does anyone have any flight experience with either of these: uAvionix...
2 Attachment(s) Fatal Towplane Accident 5-9-20 by Paul Agnew
Very sad to read this tragic news this morning. http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2020/05/bellanca-8gcbc-scout-n4116y-fatal.html?m=1 Comments (anonymous) on the webpage indicate kiting may have been a significant factor. Sincere condolences to the family of the tow pilot and to the members of the...
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post
223 936 Soaring
How reliably do CG hooks disconnect when the angle of the ropeexceeds the autorelease angle by Kenz Dale
I understand that CG hooks are designed to autorelease when the angle of pull passes a certain critical angle. Is this a very reliable disconnect, or is more of an "Eh, it's nice to have but I've seen it fail too many times to trust it"?
Today 01:00 AM
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post
7 26 Soaring
How About Story Time by [email protected]
Maybe this is a good opportunity for some of us to share some stories of our experiences. I'll go first.- During the regional at Harris Hill in 2013 I was flying K21 with grandson Calvin Mampe, Rachel Conklin, and her sister Michelle. All 3 had flown multiple contests with me before, 2 having...
by Neal Alders Go to last post
106 1,063 Soaring
DG-303 spar issues - puchase? by Paul[_11_]
For a new glider pilot, do you think a DG-303 glider would be a good glider to purchase? I really like the design, and I've tried to understand all the issues that occurred around 2007 (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!starred/rec.aviation.soaring/SspUMjJ-YYo), however not sure what the end result...
by Paul[_11_] Go to last post
33 178 Soaring
Corroded main pins? by kinsell
Have a friend looking at a used SZD 48-3 for sale with corroded pins, he's wondering if replacement is feasible. Would pins from a totalled ship be a possibility?
Mini-Winch for FES by Paul Remde
Hi, This is just a thought... I’ve recently been extremely interested in the FES (Front Electric Sustainer) sailplanes. They are becoming quite popular. Even very high-performance racing sailplanes like the Ventus 3 are being sold with FES systems installed. I am the U.S. dealer for DG/LS...
by WB Go to last post
61 443 Soaring
Wing tip wheels, one or several? by [email protected]
Our self-launch glider has downturned wing tips. From the factory, there was nothing more than a skid to make contact with the ground. Over time, people seem to have settled on putting a roller-blade wheel there, presumably because it dramatically improves ground handling. However, the wheel isn't...
Parachute source for gliders and winches by JS[_5_]
Saw the ad in the AMA flyer for their Expo in Pomona. SSA Region 12 has a presence there. AMA Expo: https://amablog.modelaircraft.org/amaexpowest/files/2018/10/expowest-program-2018-web.pdf Fruity Chutes looks like a good source for chutes, including ballistic chutes. Anything from 12" diameter...
Solution Manual Aircraft Propulsion (2nd Ed., Saeed Farokhi) by [email protected]
On Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 9:02:40 AM UTC+2, wrote: can i get solution from textbook aircraft propulsion second edition by saeed farokhi? Did you get it?
powerflarm display track file download by [email protected]
I used to be able to download track files from my powerflarm rectangular butterfly display by inserting a usb, pressing the button and then pressing again on the "flarm" status and again on "log download" without turning the unit off. It no longer does this now I have to power off the unit insert...
by Dave Nadler Go to last post
13 118 Soaring
FS Cambridge L-NAV Variometer by Paul[_10_]
One L-NAV One Vario One GPS-NAV display Two GPS20 They came with a glider I bought 4 years ago, and were working when removed recently for a panel upgrade. Includes a box of wiring: everything that hooked them into my glider, plus stuff that I've never used. The two guys I bought the glider...
Yesterday 07:57 AM
by Paul[_10_] Go to last post
0 12 Soaring
Fly Deliberately. Fly Tasks - Proving Grounds by Patrick (LS6-b EH)
Over the past few years at my gliding club (Cu Nim, Calgary Alberta), we’ve developed an XC development framework that in 2019 spread across Canada. Now we’re looking to share its success to clubs around the world (French and English speaking at this point). The problem is the same for many of...
Yesterday 05:30 AM
by Patrick (LS6-b EH) Go to last post
0 17 Soaring
Ilec SN-10B two seat version by Michael Opitz
I recently imported a two seat version SN-10B from Germany in hopes that our club would maybe upgrade one of our Twins and do a little more xc training. I am getting push-back saying that they just want to stick to the basic training stuff for now, and they don't want to complicate things for...
Yesterday 05:13 AM