Search: Posts made by: Bill Daniels
Forum: Soaring October 22nd 08, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Bill Daniels
online cfig renewal

"BB" wrote in message
Although there may be a slight gap, I believe there's one...
Forum: Soaring October 22nd 08, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Bill Daniels
LS3A Wing Profile Data

You know, I've been flying FX 67-150 and -170 airfoils for years. I've
smashed thousands of bugs, flown through many rain showers and even
collected substantial ice on occasion yet I've not seen...
Forum: Soaring October 21st 08, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Bill Daniels
the trend is............

"Martin Gregorie" wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 13:29:16 -0600, Bill Daniels wrote:

Most proposals...
Forum: Home Built October 21st 08, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Bill Daniels
Electric Inline Fuel Pump Recommendations

wrote in message
On Oct 21, 9:54 am, "Bill Daniels" [email protected] wrote:
Forum: Soaring October 21st 08, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Bill Daniels
the trend is............

"Cats" wrote in message
On Oct 21, 4:15 pm, "Bill Daniels" [email protected] wrote:
snip

Forum: Home Built October 21st 08, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Bill Daniels
Electric Inline Fuel Pump Recommendations

"BobR" wrote in message
Anybody have a recommendation for a high pressure electric fuel pump
Forum: Soaring October 21st 08, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Bill Daniels
the trend is............

"Eric Greenwell" wrote in message
Doesn't a winch launch use more fuel than a...
Forum: Soaring October 10th 08, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Bill Daniels
Screen Luminance

"Jay Pokorski" wrote in message
On Oct 10, 4:20 pm, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Oct...
Forum: Home Built October 10th 08, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Bill Daniels
DARPA calls for help in designing submersible aircraft

Actually this whole idea reminds me of the unfortunate Convair F2Y Sea Dart
project.
See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F2Y_Sea_Dart

"John Smith" wrote in message...
Forum: Home Built October 10th 08, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Bill Daniels
DARPA calls for help in designing submersible aircraft

Submersing and airplane is easy. Getting it to fly again is the hard part.

"Charles Vincent" wrote in message
Vehicle would...
Forum: Soaring October 7th 08, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Bill Daniels
How to suspend a glider?

Don,

It occurs to me that the biggest collection of hanging aircraft anywhere is
in the Simthsonian Air & Space Museum. I wonder if you could get a curator
to give you some tips. It might be...
Forum: Home Built October 7th 08, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Bill Daniels
Primary Glider Drawings

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message
"Bill Daniels" [email protected] wrote in message
Forum: Home Built October 6th 08, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Bill Daniels
Primary Glider Drawings

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message
Bill Daniels wrote:

And I GUARANTEE it attracts young people. You can't...
Forum: Home Built October 6th 08, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Bill Daniels
Primary Glider Drawings

"Tim Ward" wrote in message

"Bill Daniels" [email protected] wrote in message
Forum: Home Built October 5th 08, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Bill Daniels
Primary Glider Drawings

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message
"Bill Daniels" [email protected] wrote in message
Forum: Home Built October 5th 08, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Bill Daniels
Primary Glider Drawings

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote in message
On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 13:33:05 -0600, "Bill Daniels" [email protected]
Forum: Home Built October 5th 08, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Bill Daniels
Primary Glider Drawings

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote in message
On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 09:18:21 -0600, "Bill Daniels" [email protected]
Forum: Home Built October 5th 08, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Bill Daniels
Primary Glider Drawings

"Vaughn Simon" wrote in message

"Bill Daniels" [email protected] wrote in message
Forum: Home Built October 5th 08, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Bill Daniels
IGSO Engines - What are they?

GTSIO = Geared, Turbo Supercharged, Injected, Opposed.
IGSO = Injected, Geared, Supercharged, Opposed.
IO = Injected, Opposed

In fact, there are many turbocharged flat 4's and 6's from Continental...
Forum: Home Built October 5th 08, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Bill Daniels
Primary Glider Drawings

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message
"Bill Daniels" [email protected] wrote in message
Forum: Home Built October 5th 08, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Bill Daniels
Primary Glider Drawings

"Wayne Paul" wrote in message
Veeduber

What would it take to convert a primary into a basic soaring machine
Forum: Owning October 1st 08, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Bill Daniels
How to Remove Piston from Cylinder

"Bob Kuykendall" wrote in message
A member of our EAA chapter has a cylinder from a Franklin 150...
Forum: Home Built October 1st 08, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Bill Daniels
How to Remove Piston from Cylinder

"Bob Kuykendall" wrote in message
A member of our EAA chapter has a cylinder from a Franklin 150...
Forum: Soaring September 23rd 08, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Bill Daniels
B40 replacement speaker?

This brings up a thought that's been bouncing around in my head for awhile.
I have several things that generate audio, each with their own crappy little
speaker. That seems kinds wasteful and...
Forum: Soaring September 22nd 08, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Bill Daniels
Ground launch payout winch systems...Are they suitable for gliders?

wrote in message
It seems that a payout winch similar to those used for hang gliders
might be...