Search: Posts made by: SoaringXCellence
Forum: Soaring June 29th 20, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
FAA suspends Bruno Vassel's Pilot Certificate

Actually, his suspension is over, was given before the first of the year and occurred mostly during the virus shut-down time.
Forum: Soaring June 21st 20, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Inreach SE for sale

message sent.
Forum: Soaring June 21st 20, 05:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Battery question

Another item on your list has a very high current draw: The Stratux is based on a Raspberry Pi and those have more current draw than most of the rest of your panel!

I have a 15000mAh LimeFuel...
Forum: Soaring June 7th 20, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
How to Create a CUB Airspace File for your LX Computer

Correction to the Soaring Info link:

https://soaringdata.info/aviation/airportsTab.html

(You're welcome, Lynn)
Forum: Soaring June 5th 20, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Ilec SN-10B two seat version

Michael,

Give me a private message or email, I recently gave a presentation to my club members and have a video that may be useful.

I just up an SN10B in out Grob 103, Twin Astir, and the other XC...
Forum: Soaring June 1st 20, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Scam I think!!!

Geoff,

Yes, classic scam!! Standard over payment, send me the difference.

BTW, Geoff, are you now ready to sell it?

I'm still interested. I'll email you.

Mike B.
Forum: Soaring May 31st 20, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
SeeYou Training Videos

Dave,

Nice work! Are you going to do one about using multiple windows?

Mike
4M
Forum: Soaring May 20th 20, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
AOA indicator poll.

Luc,

Have you looked at the AOA indicators that are currently used in the GA fleet (mostly experimental aircraft)? There is a "standar" (sort of) depiction of the Aoa that you might want to follow....
Forum: Soaring May 6th 20, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Condor 2 Bug?

Dan,

Actually there are two or three places you can control the trim. On a full-sized keyboard,the "Insert" is down trim and the "Delete" is up trim.

You can also us a slider type control on your...
Forum: Soaring May 2nd 20, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Flight Review in single place glider

The ultra light/SLA regulations allow an examiner to observe from the ground if the applicant's airplane is a single place. I'm not aware of any regulation permitting ground observation for flight...
Forum: Soaring April 27th 20, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
mecaplex window

On Monday, April 27, 2020 at 10:15:05 AM UTC-7, Morris Carter wrote:
Dose anyone have an extra window? I have the rails.

Morris, Contact information?
Forum: Soaring April 6th 20, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Oudie gear warning?

Depending on how you have configured the S8, it can give all kinds of verbal warnings. Even without a gear sensing switch it will remind you to check gear 5 minutes after you're airborne.
Forum: Soaring April 3rd 20, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
ForeFlight collision avoidance system

Martin,

The Foreflight display function is immediate as long as there is a valid input from an ADS-B input source. In our gliders the most common ADS_B input is coming from the FLARM, which does...
Forum: Soaring March 31st 20, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
OLC uploading disabled? What does it mean?

There is another site: Skylines:

https://skylines.aero/

Mike
Forum: Soaring March 31st 20, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Clubs Still Flying List

My club also does sign-up order for flights and aircraft.
Forum: Soaring March 30th 20, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Solo 2350D won't start

Just saw this on Reddit, looks like it might apply:

"Once I spent an entire weekend trouble-shooting an EX500 (twin cylinder Kawasaki) that would only run on one cylinder. The spark plugs, the float...
Forum: Soaring March 26th 20, 06:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Looking for used Oudie IGC

Patrick,

Send me a private message and I'll talk with you about an Oudie (used) that I think is available for around $200.

Mike
Forum: Soaring March 26th 20, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Looking for used Oudie IGC

On Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 10:32:00 AM UTC-7, wrote:
The oudie igc’s are pricey. I upgraded to one. I think paul at Cumulous still has a trade in deal so if u can pick up...
Forum: Soaring March 24th 20, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
The Decline of Soaring Awards

John,

With regard to the Lark: our club had one and I enjoyed flying it for local cross country. At the time there was a lot of reluctance to go fare due to the crew needed for retrieve, but with a...
Forum: Soaring March 24th 20, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
From stretching the final glide to flattening the curve

Branko,

Great idea, it's good to see you, at least in video as we may not have a region contest this year. Bummer!

Mike B.
Forum: Soaring March 23rd 20, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Soaring Moving to Condor?

Daniel,

Do you have a teamspeak server for your club?

Mike
Forum: Soaring March 17th 20, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Used ClearNav II with ClearNav CNv Variometer

OK, I'll bite, what did he get to replace it?
Forum: Soaring March 15th 20, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Trailer Seeking Hitch

Neiman,

Texas, being the size it is, can you be more exact as to the destination?

Mike
Forum: Soaring March 7th 20, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
(US) Spring Airport and Airspace Data Update

Lynn,

As always, thanks so much for your work to provide this to the community.

Mike
Forum: Soaring February 16th 20, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By SoaringXCellence
Trailer tow advice

Lightest weight for glider and trailer, measured at the truck scales:

Libelle 301 in a Eberle trailer = 1190 pounds.