Search: Posts made by: Ron Lee[_2_]
Forum: Piloting September 14th 10, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Lee[_2_]
Airplane prices are ridiculous, Pt.2

I have not read all the posts. What do you want?

You can buy an RV-6A for circa $60,000.

Ron Lee
Forum: Piloting September 14th 10, 03:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Lee[_2_]
Alaska Crashes Should Serve To Remind All Pilots That Mother Nature Is Always In Char

I did not read the original post but the pilot is always in
charge...or he should quit flying.

Ron Lee
Forum: Piloting June 25th 10, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Lee[_2_]
FCC bans 121.5/243 ELTs

I talked to APOA this morning and they were caught by surprise. I do
not know all the facts but the normal NPRM process "may not" have been
followed. Apparently the FAA was as well. Sounds like...
Forum: Piloting June 25th 10, 04:19 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Lee[_2_]
FCC bans 121.5/243 ELTs

wrote:

brian whatcott wrote:
The title says it all - a 60 day notice of intended rule making from
FCC. Drawn up as ineptly as you have come...
Forum: Piloting January 25th 10, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Lee[_2_]
Flying in Mexico. Asking for harassment?

I am researching a flight along the Yucatan to Cozumel. Reports from
one website mention that at Villahermosa military folks removed parts
of several aircraft (circa 2005).

Is this sort of nonsense...
Forum: Piloting April 20th 09, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Lee[_2_]
Expected arrival procedure into Hawthorne CA (HHR)

VFR from the east, using flight following. What can I expect?

Ron Lee
Forum: Piloting December 22nd 08, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.cooking.chefs
Posted By Ron Lee[_2_]
How to pilot a kamikaze plane???

Gene Stonerly wrote:

I`m a kamikaze pilot and I want to destroy my enemies with my bomb-
filled kamikaze plane.

What do I need to know???

Find an open field away from...
Forum: Piloting December 10th 08, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Lee[_2_]
Looking for older runway light fixtures

gpsman wrote:

On Dec 8, 10:13=A0pm, (Ron Lee) wrote:
Thanks Marco, it looks like they may have some of what I need. =A0 Never
hurts to ask....
Forum: Piloting December 9th 08, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Lee[_2_]
Looking for older runway light fixtures

Thanks Marco, it looks like they may have some of what I need. Never
hurts to ask. All they can say is no.

Ron Lee
Forum: Piloting December 7th 08, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Lee[_2_]
Changed identifier of airport 5B3 - LZD

Tman wrote:

On my birthday, they changed the identifier of this little airport out
here from 5B3 to LZD. I guess they did it just to confuse the little
souls that have...
Forum: Piloting December 4th 08, 04:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Lee[_2_]
Looking for older runway light fixtures

We have some older runway threshold lights (L861 SE type) with
individual red and green lenses that are smooth as opposed to the ones
today that have some shape to them. These lenses are inside the...
Forum: Piloting May 17th 08, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Lee[_2_]
Looking for airport with GPS approach and buildings close to runway

I am looking for a GPS instrument approach at an airport in the USA
where the airport buildings are closer to the runway than required by
TERPS(?).

Operational restrictions due to buildings are...
Forum: Piloting May 4th 08, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Lee[_2_]
Nevada governor to bill Fossett widow for search expenses

On 2008-05-04, Ron Lee wrote:
An APRS provides the track functionality of Spot and no cost once you
get the...
Forum: Piloting May 4th 08, 04:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Lee[_2_]
Nevada governor to bill Fossett widow for search expenses

"Morgans" wrote:

"Ron Lee" wrote

Get a 406 MHz PLB with integrated GPS. Should work worldwide.

The only problem I see with that, is...
Forum: Piloting May 3rd 08, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Lee[_2_]
Nevada governor to bill Fossett widow for search expenses

"Morgans" wrote:

Do you have one of the Spot messenger/trackers?
http://www.findmespot.com/AboutUs.aspx It sounds like something that a ferry
pilot should not be...
Forum: Soaring May 1st 08, 04:14 AM Posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav,rec.aviation.soaring,alt.satellite.gps
Posted By Ron Lee[_2_]
SPOT should be ashamed

Pat Russell wrote:

Why, oh why, after recognizing the need to advance the state of the
art of Search and Rescue, after going to all the trouble and expense
of...
Forum: Soaring April 29th 08, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ron Lee[_2_]
Feds Want to Equipe Gliders With Transponders and Radios

"BT" wrote:

Technology is coming for the small transponder, along with ATS-B. Why would
I put a 50# $15K ATS-B system in a $15K glider.

I suspect that you mean "ADS-B...
Forum: Piloting April 29th 08, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.soaring

"BT" wrote:

Technology is coming for the small transponder, along with ATS-B. Why would
I put a 50# $15K ATS-B system in a $15K glider.

I suspect that you mean "ADS-B...
Forum: Piloting April 26th 08, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Ron Lee[_2_]
Lancair crash at SnF

Tauno Voipio wrote:

Velocity is the value of speed vector without direction
information.

Incorrect. It is the other way around (Velocity includes speed...
Forum: Piloting April 25th 08, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Lee[_2_]
Lancair crash at SnF

WingFlaps wrote:

A Lancair crashed just moments after takeoff here in Mesa, Arizona,
today, too. Plane was headed for California. There was smoke trailing
from the...
Forum: Piloting April 21st 08, 05:46 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Lee[_2_]
Lightspeed Zulu tradeup program now in effect

http://www.lightspeedaviation.com/zulutrade.asp
Forum: Piloting April 8th 08, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Lee[_2_]
CBS story on ADS-B

Jkgoblue wrote:

There was a nice piece on CBS Sunday Morning about ADS-B that I
thought covered the topic well. I believe it's a good system for our
changing times, but I sure...
Forum: Piloting April 5th 08, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Lee[_2_]
Lightspeed Zulu Trade-Up Program

Just how does one initiate the trade-up? They don't say on the Zulu
website. Pretty useless.

How to Place Your Order:

1. On or after April 20, 2008 visit Lightspeed Aviation on the web...
Forum: Piloting April 4th 08, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Lee[_2_]
Idiot Pilot Runs Out of Gas - Lands Cessna on I-81 - CAN'T BE CHARGED!!

If he ran out of fuel on his first solo, I would think the FAA would be
looking for his CFI.

Agree with that. But the student was still pilot in command.

Ron Lee
Forum: Piloting April 4th 08, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Ron Lee[_2_]
VFR Routes to Vegas (Mountians)

Feel free to follow I-70 to Denver, then turn either north or south and
follow I-25 to get around the mountains.

Blanche, "getting around" means going to Albuquerque. Or at least Las
Vegas NM...