Search: Posts made by: A Lieberman[_2_]
Forum: Piloting June 18th 08, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By A Lieberman[_2_]
Immediate Action Items Checklist

On Jun 17, 7:58*pm, gatt wrote:

Seems like you could make a pretty succinct kneeboard checklist so
you're not wasting time flipping anything.

I have one,...
Forum: Piloting May 20th 08, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By A Lieberman[_2_]
Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

On May 20, 2:59*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

What makes Dudley right is his understand of the importance of relying on
instruments and not sensations.

Show me where I say I rely on...
Forum: Piloting May 20th 08, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By A Lieberman[_2_]
Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

On May 20, 3:00*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

I don't need physical feedback in MSFS, because IFR is all about flying by
instruments alone.

WRONG.

Do you get leans in MSFS? Do you...
Forum: Piloting May 20th 08, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By A Lieberman[_2_]
Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

On May 20, 2:33*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
gatt writes:
The physical sensations allow a pilot to be proactive rather than
reactive.

Not under IFR.

How do you know since...
Forum: Piloting May 20th 08, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By A Lieberman[_2_]
Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

On May 19, 9:05*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Viperdoc writes:
Anthony, were all of your pronouncements based upon your instrument
training? Who was your instructor? What did you...
Forum: Piloting May 20th 08, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By A Lieberman[_2_]
Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

On May 20, 2:34*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

Not always. *And they are often wrong.

WRONG. If you disagree with me, tell me why with real time flying
experiences.

MSFS does not give...
Forum: Piloting May 20th 08, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By A Lieberman[_2_]
Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

On May 20, 2:33*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

If you disagree with what I say, cite the parts with which you don't agree,
and explain why.

I DID! YOU FAIL TO READ MY POSTS.
Forum: Piloting May 20th 08, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By A Lieberman[_2_]
Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

On May 20, 2:31*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

IMC that does not include impaired visibility is a legal construct and not
relevant to this discussion.

WRONG.
Forum: Piloting May 20th 08, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By A Lieberman[_2_]
Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

On May 20, 2:27*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
A Lieberman writes:
Hopefully what I say above clears it up. *I really think we are on the
same page, just a matter of how I am...
Forum: Piloting May 20th 08, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By A Lieberman[_2_]
Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

On May 20, 12:56*pm, Dudley Henriques wrote:

No hard feelings I hope, but I just don't seem to be sharing your
opinions on this issue.

Absolutely no hard feelings :-))

I...
Forum: Piloting May 20th 08, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By A Lieberman[_2_]
ILS approach and VOR Alpha Approach video

On May 20, 9:33*am, "DOCTOR Mary Ellen Hall McIntire Yasay, Ph.D,
(Div.)" wrote:

Huh?

Twas not me posting this today :-)

I do have another video in the makings,...
Forum: Piloting May 20th 08, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By A Lieberman[_2_]
Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

On May 20, 9:55*am, Dudley Henriques wrote:

BOTH might be telling you something so
they should not be ignored.

Exactly my point. Especially the absense of an expected...
Forum: Piloting May 20th 08, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By A Lieberman[_2_]
Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

On May 20, 7:56*am, Stealth Pilot
wrote:
On Sun, 18 May 2008 15:47:19 -0700 (PDT), A Lieberman

wrote:
On May 18, 5:34*pm, Dudley...
Forum: Piloting May 20th 08, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By A Lieberman[_2_]
Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

On May 19, 9:21*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
BDS writes:
what do you think you will notice first and
probably before anything else, and what will you do about it?

It will...
Forum: Piloting May 20th 08, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By A Lieberman[_2_]
Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

On May 19, 8:56*pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

In IFR, you blindly trust your instruments. *The only way to detect a
failure of one instrument is by comparing it with other...
Forum: Piloting May 20th 08, 02:56 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By A Lieberman[_2_]
Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

On May 19, 8:08*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

An alert IFR pilot is constantly scanning his instruments, so funny feelings
are irrelevant.

WRONG
Forum: Piloting May 20th 08, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By A Lieberman[_2_]
Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

On May 19, 7:41*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:
Read my post. *I already said what I fly. *You got my tail number,
it's on that as well.

I'm not...
Forum: Piloting May 19th 08, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By A Lieberman[_2_]
Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

On May 19, 3:57*pm, Tina wrote:

Except of course sims
don't take us to other destinations,

It doesn't???? Nawwww, don't tell Mx this!

Everything I read on Mx threads,...
Forum: Piloting May 19th 08, 05:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By A Lieberman[_2_]
Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

On May 18, 10:42*pm, Gezellig wrote:
A Lieberman brought next idea :

The problem with feelings is that no two sets of feelers feel with the
same feeling. lol Then there...
Forum: Piloting May 19th 08, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By A Lieberman[_2_]
Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

On May 18, 10:40*pm, Dudley Henriques wrote:

I didn't mean to sound overly critical. It would be my wish that you
would possibly consider some residual reading on the...
Forum: Piloting May 19th 08, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By A Lieberman[_2_]
Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

On May 18, 10:12*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

Does the altimeter require vacuum?

You tell me.

What did the altimeter say? *What did the magnetic compass say?

My proper altitude. ...
Forum: Piloting May 19th 08, 04:19 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By A Lieberman[_2_]
Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

On May 18, 10:13*pm, Dudley Henriques wrote:

I know a little :-) Studied Kodokan Judo at the Kodokan. Rose to Nidan.
Favorite throw was Uchimata both sides. Lousy on the...
Forum: Piloting May 19th 08, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By A Lieberman[_2_]
Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

On May 18, 9:55*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

If you have a backup AI, you should periodically look at it to see if it
agrees with your primary AI. *

I live in the real world. I do...
Forum: Piloting May 19th 08, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By A Lieberman[_2_]
Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

On May 18, 6:14*pm, Robert Moore wrote:
I can't believe what some of these amateur, mostly
armchair pilots are posting as gospel.

I don't ever diss anybody, and my...
Forum: Piloting May 18th 08, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By A Lieberman[_2_]
Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

On May 18, 5:34*pm, Dudley Henriques wrote:

Where I was referring to the sensations issue was directly concerned
with one pilot who commented that verifying an instrument...