Search: Posts made by: Jamie Shore
Forum: Soaring September 21st 18, 11:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jamie Shore
Handicap Source Documents

Are the following links the official source documents for the German and Australian handicap indexes? If not, please advise.

German...
Forum: Soaring September 19th 18, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jamie Shore
Houston Area FIRC 19-20 Jan 2019

The Houston area is having a glider oriented FIRC (Flight Instructor Revalidation Clinic) on 19-20 Jan 2019.

More info and to...
Forum: Soaring February 8th 18, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jamie Shore
contest number question

The IGC rules changed between 2015 and 2016 regarding the wing contest number requirements.

2015 IGC Rule 4.3.1
4.3.1 The contest numbers, as validated by the Organisers, shall be displayed:
a. On...
Forum: Soaring February 1st 18, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jamie Shore
contest number question

Is anybody aware of any contest committee talk (or actual rule change) of the Under-the-Wing-Contest-ID requirement going away in the US?

I've heard..
"..IGC does not require any more competition...
Forum: Soaring January 22nd 18, 12:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jamie Shore
Ground School Presentation Materials

PowerPoints
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4AkY4l4Ho4ZWlJzZVZEVnhvS00

More MIsc.
https://sites.google.com/site/soaringclubofhouston/learn-to-fly/getting-started/resources

Jamie Shore

On...
Forum: Soaring August 4th 16, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jamie Shore
Houston Area FIRC, Flight Instructor Revalidation Clinic Jan 2017

Everybody is invited to the Houston area FIRC in January of 2017.

WHAT: The main goals of a FIRC, Flight Instructor Revalidation Clinic, include reducing the accident rate in soaring, increasing...
Forum: Soaring May 26th 16, 12:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jamie Shore
Condor Glider Flight Simulator Resources

We just updated the Soaring Club of Houston's Condor Lesson plans with lessons that Russ Holtz has shared on gliderbooks.com. Russ created a system of dozens of great lessons that work in Condor's...
Forum: Soaring April 24th 16, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jamie Shore
Condor Glider Flight Simulator Resources

For the sake of convenience in getting started with using the Condor Glider Flight Simulator, I've compiled some of the currently available resources on Condor. Other than some compilation of...
Forum: Soaring February 26th 16, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jamie Shore
2016 Texas XC Soaring Series Invite

For more details and updates...
https://sites.google.com/site/soaringclubofhouston/overview/2016-texas-soaring-series

Jamie Shore
Soaring Club of Houston
Forum: Soaring June 17th 15, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jamie Shore
ANPRM - removal of transponder exception for gliders

My read of the proposed rule change is as follows:
The proposed change would lift the current glider exception. The current exemption allows us to not have a transponder (or ADSB or TABS in the...
Forum: Soaring January 26th 15, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jamie Shore
Region 10 South Contest August 2015

Join us in Texas! The Soaring Club of Houston will host the Region 10 South Contest on 3-7 Aug 2015.

For more...
Forum: Soaring December 23rd 14, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jamie Shore
Instructor Academy

Over the course of this winter and the upcoming year, the Soaring Club of Houston (SCOH) is undertaking a "SCOH Instructor Academy". At a recent board meeting, we kicked off a drive to significantly...
Forum: Soaring September 15th 14, 01:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jamie Shore
Tow Distribution and Quantity to obtain Private Glider

Let me start by saying that I understand that the answer to my question will include a large range depending on many variables. I am not looking for these variables but I am looking for the range....
Forum: Soaring July 29th 14, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jamie Shore
Houston Texas Area FIRC

Houston Area FIRC
Flight Instructor Revalidation Clinic - not just for instructors
Saturday & Sunday 10-11 Jan 2015

For more Information about this FIRC...
scoh.org About SCOH FIRC (top...
Forum: Soaring May 13th 14, 12:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jamie Shore
Ground School Presentations & Safety Content

The Soaring Club of Houston is interested in sharing the following content that can be found on our public website, scoh.org

Ground School Presentations
Direct Link http://goo.gl/v6oFPY
Path ...
Forum: Soaring May 7th 14, 04:37 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jamie Shore
2014 Region 10 South

The Soaring Club of Houston will host the Region 10 South contest this summer. For more info, see http://goo.gl/bp13w3

Jamie Shore
Forum: Soaring January 14th 14, 01:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jamie Shore
Region 10 Contest August 2014 near Houston

The Soaring Club of Houston will host the Region 10 South contest for 2014.

Practice: 8/3/2014 - 8/3/2014
Contest: 8/4/2014 - 8/8/2014

For more information on the 2014...
Forum: Soaring November 11th 13, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jamie Shore
Glider Clubs and Social Media

I am interested in hearing about your club’s experiences and links to the products that your club has created using social media to interact with the public and/or club members.

Social media and...
Forum: Soaring August 12th 13, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jamie Shore
Outlanding Award - Feedback Requested

For a few years now, the Soaring Club of Houston (scoh.org), has had an award called the "Brick" award that gave a trophy for the most out-landings in a year. We are now considering retiring the...
Forum: Soaring May 28th 13, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jamie Shore
"Region 10 South" Contest Website

Region 10 South Contest Website
First Week in August
Soaring Club of Houston

https://sites.google.com/site/soaringclubofhouston/overview/region-10-contest-august-2013

Jamie Shore
Forum: Soaring April 1st 13, 12:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jamie Shore
Soaring in Alaska?

Brief Summary (slightly outdated) of AK Soaring
http://home.gci.net/~pdb/

Yahoo Group Alaska Mountain Soaring
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/akmtnsoaring/

Most of the gliding is related to the Civil...
Forum: Soaring March 7th 13, 09:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jamie Shore
Wingrunner Checklist

I see the value in reviewing items after rope hook up. But...

In the summer in our area it is normal to be above 100 F and very high humidity and the conditions are unbearable under the canopy and...
Forum: Soaring March 7th 13, 12:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jamie Shore
Wingrunner Checklist

After taking the thoughtful comments into account from this forum, members of our club and gliding safety experts, we have created the following concept that we plan to test at our...
Forum: Soaring March 5th 13, 11:51 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jamie Shore
Wingrunner Checklist

My club is considering implementing a wing runner checklist. The wing runner would perform this mental checklist at some point before they give the Begin Takeoff signal.

"CATP"

Canopy....CLOSED AND...
Forum: Soaring June 24th 11, 10:46 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Jamie Shore
Trying to contact Derek Piggott

I bought my copy from the BGA online store.

Jamie