First glider Nimbus 2 ? by Max Kirschner[_3_]
At 18:24 16 March 2015, wrote: On Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 8:11:44 PM UTC-7, Surge wrote: A Nimbus 2 is on the market which I'm interested in as my first glider an= d I'd like some feedback from those who've owned or flown one. I owned a Nimbus 2c, It has exactly...
Jonathan Leal's big day! 1000km 126 attempt from Mifflin by Daniel Sazhin[_2_]
Hey Guys, Jonathan Leal has Aero Club Albatross' 508 assembled, taped and ready to fly from Mifflin tomorrow, going for the 1000km diploma in a 1-26! He's been preparing for this flight for a long time and it looks like a really good day for it. He's planning on taking off at 6:30am and the flight...
XCSoar Forum registration by Doug[_7_]
I've been trying to register on the XCSoar site so that I might post questions on the forum. Thus far, I'm getting no where. The site says my user id has not been registered and to contact an administrator. Clicking on the link to contact an administrator requires me to register... DOH !!! I've...
by HappyFaceNL Go to last post
10 615 Soaring
First glider Nimbus 2 ? by Surge
A Nimbus 2 is on the market which I'm interested in as my first glider and I'd like some feedback from those who've owned or flown one. I do realize that a flapped, long winged glider is not the best choice for a low time pilot which is why I will keep the glider in a hangar while I first build up...
by Surge Go to last post
23 1,124 Soaring
Gliding International = Special May issue by [email protected]
Hi Enthusiasts Our May issue will go in the post this coming week, It is an extra special one. • There is full coverage of the March I.G.C. meeting which increased the number of World Championship classes to 10. (TEN). Like many soaring enthusiasts, we are expressing a view that the I.G.C....
Quiet Vent by Ron (RW)
Some months ago, I read a post from a John Morgan, Minden NV. He was developing a gadget that was to diminish noise from the clearvision panel vent. I think he called it the Quiet Vent. Any further word on his venture? Any contact info? THNX Ron W (RW)
by bumper[_4_] Go to last post
25 794 Soaring
Glider Accident In Labelle, Fl.? by [email protected]
I has been reported that Tom Irlbeck was killed on Saturday while glider flying in Labelle , Florida. If anyone knows of this incident could you please confirm or dispel.
by 2G Go to last post
12 133 Soaring
CALLING ALL JUNIOR PILOTS IN California by Wyll Surf Air
Dear soaring community, If you or anyone you know is a glider pilot/aspiring glider pilot under the age of 30 in or around California please read this post all the way through. Over the past couple of years, a few small groups have been working on promoting junior soaring in California, with the...
Today 02:17 AM
by Wyll Surf Air Go to last post
2 18 Soaring
SSA's Life Sailplane Tracking site down? by AS
Am I the only one who cannot see any life tracking of the R5N contest? Inquiring mind want to know! Uli 'AS'
Today 01:47 AM
by Papa3[_2_] Go to last post