CallAir A9 compared to a Pawnee by Charles Longley
To those that have flown a CallAir A9 how does it compare to a Pawnee in flying? Same engine so I am guessing the tug performance is about the same.
Today 01:36 AM
by Charles Longley Go to last post
2 3 Soaring
ASW 27 Flight Testing Video Clip by [email protected]
For the last month I have been flight testing the rebuilt ASW 27. The program is going well and I am nearing completion of the required phase 1 testing. I still have max gross weight, final spin testing and a tow test for completion. So far I have only been able to self-launch since no towing is...
Today 01:26 AM
by Mike N. Go to last post
4 5 Soaring
Sad news WH by Scott Calvert[_4_]
Yesterday we lost WH. RIP Bill!
by Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) Go to last post
16 136 Soaring
Sad news WH should be WH1 by Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)
Copied link to comments in another thread (WH.....).... Comment from our club president........from an email sent to our club...... ******** Terrible news. Heartbreaking and so sad. Bill was a devoted and loving husband and father, and he was also devoted to the sport of soaring. As a member of...
Yesterday 11:43 PM
by Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) Go to last post
0 1 Soaring
Sad news WH should be WH1 by Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)
First thread...https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/rec.aviation.soaring/mdrYMh-DFqM..comments and info should be in THIS thread.....
Yesterday 11:34 PM
by Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) Go to last post
0 1 Soaring
Notice of changes to IGC-approval levels of 11 types of FlightRecorder to take place on 1 January 2020 by Ian Strachan
On 20 October, the IGC-approval documents for 11 types of IGC-approved GPS Flight Recorders were updated. In para (i-ii) on page 1 of these IGC-approval documents, notice is given of a reduction of IGC-approval level to take place on 1 January 2020. The affected FRs are old designs, one going...
Yesterday 06:28 PM
by Eric Greenwell[_4_] Go to last post
9 28 Soaring
Lak 17 Yahoo group help needed by Mike C
If there are any inactive moderators from the Lak 17a Yahoo group out there, we need your help transferring files to the new location at .io groups. Please help us out by appointing a new owner/moderator before Yahoo closes down. Thanks, Mike "4"
Yesterday 05:39 PM
by Mike C Go to last post
0 16 Soaring
Need open hitch from Tehachapi to Atlanta. by [email protected]
Potential purchase of a glider with Cobra trailer at Tehachapi and need it brought east to Atlanta. Anyone with an open hitch available in the near future? I'd be willing to go as far west as Dallas to rendevouz. Thanks. Steve Vihlen (901)488-3154.
If you were planning a Safari... by Matt Herron Jr.
....through SoCal for a few weeks with your glider in tow, where would you stop to fly? I want to plan this for next spring, taking a few weeks to wander through the best spots to soar down there. Thoughts? Matt
Yesterday 02:03 AM
by soaringjac Go to last post