Search: Posts made by: B A R R Y[_2_]
Forum: Owning April 8th 09, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By B A R R Y[_2_]
Placement of State Registration Stickers?

John wrote:
Is there any consensus about the placement of state registration
stickers?

My state tells us exactly where it goes, under the pilots side rear
stabilizer. I'll peel it off if...
Forum: Owning April 4th 09, 02:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By B A R R Y[_2_]
The magic of Flight - Video

A Lieberma wrote:

Todays condition was absolutely "surreal" for as calm as the air was.
As my passenger today best said it in his reaction on breaking out on
top..... Oh my God..... ...
Forum: Piloting February 26th 09, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_2_]
Sad day for Mxsmanic

Steve Foley wrote:

No it cannot. It would end in disaster.

Not if they set "realism" to low... G

The switch is right next to the eject button in a Baron. I'm sure it's
in a similar...
Forum: Piloting February 26th 09, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_2_]
Sad day for Mxsmanic

Maxwell wrote:

MSFS is so much like really flying, they have to consider the aging fleet.
Sooner or later we are going to start seeing structural code failures in
versions that have not...
Forum: Piloting February 21st 09, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_2_]
Chunk of metal crashes through roof

Frank Stutzman wrote:

Generally true. But it can and has been done. See:
http://www.airbornegrafix.com/HistoricAircraft/ThingsWings/Besler.htm

Cool! In a Jules Verne sort of way...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 15th 09, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By B A R R Y[_2_]
IFR currency rules are perverse

Karl wrote:

Additionally, it's not just the approaches - you also need holding, along
with intercepting and tracking.

I always thought that was funny...

If you successfully flew an approach,...
Forum: General Aviation February 11th 09, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.misc
Posted By B A R R Y[_2_]
Flight Following

Ken Kose wrote:
Hi,

I'm a new private pilot and new to this group. I have a question
regarding FF. I plan to fly a direct route which will transit class c
airspace. If I call "center" and...
Forum: Piloting February 6th 09, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_2_]
Jay Honeck in AOPA Pilot

a wrote:
I think 200 is the
magic number, or at least used to be, for the instrument rating.

It's not. Far from it.
Forum: Piloting February 5th 09, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_2_]
Errors accessing FAA's Pilotweb

a wrote:

You want not to forget he gets lots of attention here, and that
attention is from people who for the most part are living real lives
and sometimes fly real airplanes.

Which is...
Forum: Owning February 4th 09, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By B A R R Y[_2_]
Slow flight and Slips to Landing - Video

A Lieberma wrote:
While my non precision approaches are always circle to land, wouldn't
dive and drive work more effectively even for straight in LOC
approaches? I descend700 feet per minute...
Forum: Piloting February 3rd 09, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_2_]
Errors accessing FAA's Pilotweb

Taylor wrote:
A real pilot would not use FAA's pilot web to learn about TFRs and
NOTAMs as part of an official weather briefing (verbal or electronic),
which is the only one that counts.

Not...
Forum: Owning February 3rd 09, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By B A R R Y[_2_]
Slow flight and Slips to Landing - Video

BT wrote:
Don't use slips to bleed of energy (kinetic) in a glider..
use slips to loose extra altitude (potential energy)

Slips are great for non-precision instrument approaches,...
Forum: Owning February 3rd 09, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By B A R R Y[_2_]
Slow flight and Slips to Landing - Video

Steven Barnes wrote:
I love slips.

Went up with my co-owner in our Cherokee Six to do some holds & approaches.
For once, I got to sit left seat.

You rarely get to sit in the left seat of...
Forum: Piloting January 31st 09, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_2_]
Errors accessing FAA's Pilotweb

Maxwell wrote:

I don't come here to be amused dumb ass, I come hear to READ about aviation.

Could'a fooled me...
Forum: Piloting January 28th 09, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_2_]
How is an "Aircraft Checkout" Logged in a Logbook?

Robert M. Gary wrote:

BTW: I should add that some small FBOs don't have CFIs just sitting
around so you will occasionally check out with the FBO owner (who is
not a CFI). Its just logged as...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 18th 09, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By B A R R Y[_2_]
VFR flight to KMEI Flight Following with ATC comms - Video

wrote:

Fun to monday nite qb my own air and radio work :-) and get input from
others so I can be that much the better.

Al,

I took your advice a few weeks ago, and sprung...
Forum: Piloting January 18th 09, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_2_]
Airliner crashes into Hudson River after LGA departure

Tech Support wrote:
He looked at Teterboro, glanced at the altimeter, figured
the angles and did the math. He decided in that nano second that he
couldn't make Teterboro, and THAT decision...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 18th 09, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By B A R R Y[_2_]
Post Annual Flight check - Video

wrote:

Absolutely amazing how 6 pounds in the tail cone can improve my
landings. I had 45 pounds in the cargo to bring the CG aft. I now
was able to remove all of that...
Forum: Owning January 8th 09, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By B A R R Y[_2_]
grumman aa-5 stall warning delay

Mike Noel wrote:
Are the Warriors different from the Archers? My 74 has a light but no horn.
Perhaps the Warrior wing gives a more abrupt stall? My constant chord wing
gives plenty of...
Forum: Owning January 7th 09, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By B A R R Y[_2_]
grumman aa-5 stall warning delay

vaughn wrote:

How about other folks?

The electric stall horns on all the Warriors I trained in, my Sundowner,
and the C182 I just bought, work great and are easily heard. This is
true even...
Forum: Piloting December 31st 08, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_2_]
Plane Accidentally Starts Moving With 6-Year-Old Inside

Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Dec 31, 1:34 pm, B A R R Y wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:
One
thing that "electric" pilots do not realize is that its very, very
hard...
Forum: Home Built December 31st 08, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Dec 31, 1:34 pm, B A R R Y wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:
One
thing that "electric" pilots do not realize is that its very, very
hard...
Forum: Home Built December 31st 08, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Robert M. Gary wrote:
One
thing that "electric" pilots do not realize is that its very, very
hard to guess how much power the engine will develop when it first
starts. Sometimes it will just...
Forum: Piloting December 31st 08, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Robert M. Gary wrote:
One
thing that "electric" pilots do not realize is that its very, very
hard to guess how much power the engine will develop when it first
starts. Sometimes it will just...
Forum: Home Built December 30th 08, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By B A R R Y[_2_]
Plane Accidentally Starts Moving With 6-Year-Old Inside

Monk wrote:

I meant the part about him wanting to share the joy of aviation with
his granddaughter. He should have been at the control and asked
another adult at airport to hand prop it...